Blocking, Rhino-Hiding, and my gloriously loud suit of Armor

Hey, all...

It occurred to me in the throes of the final fight on Saturday Night that a number of NPCs may have been a tad frustrated with me, and I might need to clarify on my end regarding a type of occurrence.

I wear armor. Big armor. Fairly High-Point armor. Made of lightweight Steel. That CLANKS. A LOT. Especially when blows even partially land.

I had a few moments especially Saturday Night where it may have appeared that I was "ignoring" more shots than I should have legitimately been taking, primarily on my left (or shield-side) shoulder.

The shape of my shield, coupled with my natural stance, allows me to intercept with the shield even in most instances of heavy lead or wrap shots to that shoulder; even where it sounds like the shoulder has been solidly hit, I'm getting impact on the shield corner at the same time, and thus blocking.

I realized a number of times I got quizzical, even slightly pissed off looks during that final field battle, and once I knew the source, I made sure I was clear on what shots I was blocking (by calling "Blocked") and what shots I was taking there ("Got it, ARRGH!!!"), and that seemed to help a whole bunch.

To anyone I was squaring off with, I do apologize for any confusion, and I will continue to try to play as legit and fair as I possibly can!

Kudos to all the NPCs and Staffers on this weekend, BTW... another OUTSTANDING game!!!

(And TY for the reminder on Chaos as damage add, Paul! I had blanked that the call allowed damage to bypass armor, and once that was taken into account, yeah, I was a Whack-A-Mole!!! Fun Times!!!)

Re: Blocking, Rhino-Hiding, and my gloriously loud suit of A

No problem Bill, Thanks for the clarification. A friendly got it or blocked once in a while goes a long way. We can all learn from that for sure.

Re: Blocking, Rhino-Hiding, and my gloriously loud suit of A

Regarding chaos, that's another of those dumb little discrepancies between NERO and Alliance - chaos in NERO is just an elemental flavor, it doesn't cut past armor.

I don't recall any moments where it seemed like you were rhino hiding, but thanks for keeping an eye out for it. This game basically all works on the honor system so its up to each of us to self police things like that.

Back