Board issues?

Kauss

Fighter
Can we get a folder for board issues? aka things wrong with the board or issues we are having with it?
I know others have had some issues, and I know that for myself I have to log in brand new ever time, no matter if I save it or not. (and yes, I am using cookies, and this is the only site not responding well.)
But we might want to have a central place for such issues.

That seems a lot more a "Hey, how do you like the new board" and not board code issues. I suspect most serious issues will get lost. In addition most boards now a days do have a webmaster/website issue spot as well.

It's probably browser compatability issues. I admin phpbb boards and i have people complain about the session and cookie issues too. I use IE 6 and 7 and have never experienced the issues. I am assuming its something in the way phpbb was made that doesn't click with whatever browser or security settings you are using, or possibly the skin, though usually skins (unless coded terribly) won't affect the session.

Robb Graves said:
It's probably browser compatability issues. I admin phpbb boards and i have people complain about the session and cookie issues too. I use IE 6 and 7 and have never experienced the issues. I am assuming its something in the way phpbb was made that doesn't click with whatever browser or security settings you are using, or possibly the skin, though usually skins (unless coded terribly) won't affect the session.
Mayhap but I am on IE 6 as well and am on a number of boards as well and all of them (and its more than a few types) dont log me out unless I do something like a cookie perge, but thats not the point

My point is, it would be nice to have a forum area just for code and related issues with the board.

Did something get changed in the board coding since last night? For some reason I can't see that there are any updates (all circles are blue). Also, the quick reply is missing...

Fynwei said:
Did something get changed in the board coding since last night? For some reason I can't see that there are any updates (all circles are blue). Also, the quick reply is missing...

?? Everything's working for me, and the quick reply is there... Anyone else having this problem?

If you are having to relog every time, try deleting your cookie for http://www.alliancelarp.com, log in, close your browser, reopen it and see if that doesn't solve your issue.

Your old cookie holds settings for the old alliancelarp.com board, and is not compatible with the new board. Deleting the old cookie will allow the new cookie to be written in its place.

Ondreij said:
If you are having to relog every time, try deleting your cookie for http://www.alliancelarp.com, log in, close your browser, reopen it and see if that doesn't solve your issue.

Your old cookie holds settings for the old alliancelarp.com board, and is not compatible with the new board. Deleting the old cookie will allow the new cookie to be written in its place.

Already did that. Actally for other reasons, I have also cleared my whole cookie list so all my cookies had to be remade. And it didnt change a thing here.

I figured out that my problem is happening if I refresh a session I had left open for more than an hour or so... it isn't logging me out, but is acting like I am not logged in. The browser I'm using is an updated Mozilla

Back