Board Registration Disabled?

Hi,

My girlfriend was trying to join the forums, and its looking to both of us like registration for the forums isn't possible at this time. Why?

Rob S.

Just sent a message to Jevedor, the board admin. I can't find a "register" button in any of the ways I tried getting to the login screen.

Weird.

Paladin of Chaos said:
Just sent a message to Jevedor, the board admin. I can't find a "register" button in any of the ways I tried getting to the login screen.

Weird.

Glad I'm not blind. Lack of a way to obviously register doesn't lend to us being an inclusive organization, eh? :cool:

I hate being that guy but...any word? I have 7 players all looking for a board handle.

So... ummm... anything? Any time table?

You can PM Jeremy, the board admin, at the username Jevedor. I know how to use the user and moderator ends of the boards, even if I had access to the admin stuff I wouldn't know what to do with it. Chances are I'd break something past repair. (Technology and I don't get along, I once caused a light board in my high school auditorium to require reprogramming after just turning it on.)

I don't have anything else in my inbox, other than the PM from a few days ago that he's investigating. I haven't specifically asked for updates, and I'm not sure if he's figured anything out yet. Could also be an issue with the boards themselves, rather than something that got turned off by accident.

I see that we're at exactly 2100 members now; is it possible that we've hit some kind of limit?

has there ever been a purge of users that no longer are "active" on the forums? One of the boards I run has a feature that shows last online. If they have not been online in 180 days, they get scrubbed.

The site has not reached a maximum number of users If you look at some other sites like phpbb.com for example, they have 437000 members.

Jeremy is currently working with the host in order to resolve this problem.

Matt

That'd be super easy to check, though; just delete one user and see if you can register again.
Though, purging some folk might not be a terrible idea, we've got 777 users with 0 posts, and while a few of them may be lurkers, I bet you could correlate that with 'last logged in' and drop over 500 of them. Don't know that that would actually help anything.

keeping the dbase small helps a lot of things. :)

Back