Board/Tabletop Game Thread

ASFDan

Scholar
Same as the video game thread, but analog style!

What's your favorite board/tabletop game? What's hot right now?

Personally, I just got my hands on Sentinels of the Multiverse and my whole household is hooked on it. For those who haven't played, it's a cooperative deck management style card game for 3-5 players where each player plays a superhero that is helping to take down a rampaging supervillain. Games last about 30-120 minutes depending on the scenario, and the game has amazing replayability. The card art is superb, the rules are easy to pick up, and the pace is usually pretty fast. I can't recommend it enough.

Any up and coming games/projects you think people should know about? Share your thoughts and experiences!

D&D, either 2nd ED or 3.5. Barring that, Shadowrun (unless the Matrix is involved, no thank you).

Board games: I've been having a ton of fun with Mansion of Madness. Also, Arkham Horror (though, managing the board after a few expansions tends to become a chore).

For Board game it's Pandemic. For Cards it would be Dominion. Minis it's WarMachine and RPGs its Shadowrun. Now those are my top pics, but owning a games store means I play a lot more than that! :funny:

enjoy Catan, Castle Panic, Fluxx along with other random games.

I'm fond of Lacuna Part 1 - The Creation of the Mystery and the Girl from Blue City for tabletops. It's a fantastic game, full of intrigue and hidden information. It's a good time! I also love playing Warmachine.

Most of the games I want to play haven't arrived from Kickstarter yet.

I have a not so secret love for Mystic Empyrean, though it got sidelined for L5R which more of my tabletop group enjoys. Not that I don't enjoy L5R. It's a great game and out ST tells a great story. I just miss my mobile hivemind of flying, glowing insects that occupy the body of a catatonic tree person.

Board games: Arkham horror, though it's been a while

Lords of Waterdeep's been fun every time we've cracked the box.

Quarriors is a much easier deck building game that uses dice instead of cards (Check it out sometime)

Pandemic is a perennial love of mine at this point. It's be best Coop game I've played, though Defends of the Realm has had a lot of praise heaped upon it and I'd love to give it a shot sometime.

We've got a closet full of board games and not nearly enough time to play them all.

My friends and family tend to enjoy D&D 3.5, Dominion, 7 Wonders, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Bezzerwizzer, Elder Sign, 5 Second Rule, and Apples to Apples.

Sometime, I'd like to introduce them to Fantasy Flight's Battlestar Galactica board game.

Back