Bodysuits You Can Swing Pipe In

I just started playing my tarantulakin as my primary (before I had only played her occasionally).

Previously I've been set up with arm fur and leg fur attached to a shirt and a pair of stretch pants (along with my leg backpack, but that's not the question here)
644655_3167316881028_1150267528_n.jpg

Like that.

However, it is now time for bigger and better things. I am looking into getting a proper black bodysuit which I can attach the arm fur and leg fur to.

Unicolor-Black-Unisex-Lace-Zentai-Suit-21669-1.jpg

Like that.

Does anyone else have any experience with bodysuits for game? The biggest thing I'm worried about is breathability and durability. Durability is obvious, because it's a larp I'll be using it for strenuous activity and it needs to be breathable since I'll already be piling fur on top of it as well as clothing.

I have this horrible image of a cheap suit that 'pills' like cheap satin gloves and can't be washed.

Any suggestions/links/personal accounts?

A friend in the Northeast used a bodysuit for her gypsy moth kin. I'll shoot her a message and ask her if she remembers the brand and how it stood up.

She wore it when she was very pregnant and before she was very pregnant, and I remember the conversation about the difficulty of having to go to the bathroom with it on. It was less of a factor before she had a tiny person sitting on her bladder, but still one of those vital things to think about at game. How long do you want to spend climbing in and out of it every time you have to pee, and how difficult is it when you have no assistance?

I'm going to second the comment about taking into account being able to get in/out/at least a flap so you can hit the restroom. I had a bodysuit for my scavenger, and didn't think about it the first time, and it took me half an hour to pee every time until I installed a fly (my armor was a significant portion of that, but it was also basically a body suit). Honestly, I'd recommend two pieces rather than a single body suit for that reason, since the fly won't do it for you. Anyways, I made my own suit, but I've seen other body suits get plenty of wear from a variety of manufacturers. You want something stretchy, but thin. Remember, you don't want it keeping you warm. I'd freeze in my suit if it weren't for everything else I had piled onto it, which is right about perfect. The fake fur will be warm regardless of the type/brand, but it will also get funky as you sweat into it, so wash-ability will be a serious concern. I'd also suggest getting a little piece of what you're considering using and getting it wet, like you'd been rained on really hard. You never know, it could shed, or the dye might run, or it could completely destroy it/mat it/whatever.

I'm going to second going with a two piece. I'd actually personally recommend a top with crotch snaps for minimal removal at bathroom times.

Personally, I wear a 2 part suit of Under Armor HeatGear. Does well in the hot or cold, can layer as needed in the cold, holds up well under wear (3 years now).

If you want a singlet, I would recommend looking at a ballet unitard. They hold up well, are machine washable, and not overly expensive. Most are cotton, so you should have little problem sewing attachments.

What I did was attack everything to underarmor type shirts cause they breathe. I wouldn't do a once piece just because of bathroom. I already hate taking off my belt and this and that and little things to go. I couldn't imagine having a one piece. I do a short sleeve underarmor and attached my fur arms to it. My fur isn't too itchy at all idk how your fur is. As for my legs I did a pair of tights and attached my foam and fur leaving the pelvic area bare for breathing and flexibility and wear a skirt to cover the bare tights (I posted some pics on the thread that says show off your costumes.) thats what I do normally

When it's too hot for fur legs and arms I just wear my knickers and a brown under armor shirt. Maybe you can get fabric and make the colors that way? Like put thin fabric over your shirt if it's too hot

When it's cold I actually have a "onesie" that is when my costume is the best. That is posted on the thread. Again. I attached the onesie to an under armor shirt. Haha

I hope this gives you ideas or inspiration. Always think about flexibility, hot weather, cold weather, and RAIN!!

My sister is going to be using one of those at the upcoming OR event, for her orc. It's a nearly seamless full body suit. She got one with a crotch zipper for bathroom times. I will get a link for you when I see her next.

Trying not to be crude but as bathrooms are an issue for females in ornate costumes / one piece leotards, there is a solution. http://www.go-girl.com/. Other such devices exist, this is just the first one I found easily. Oh, and they have a camouflage model. (Oh the weirdness I know).

MaxIrons said:
Trying not to be crude but as bathrooms are an issue for females in ornate costumes / one piece leotards, there is a solution. http://www.go-girl.com/. Other such devices exist, this is just the first one I found easily. Oh, and they have a camouflage model. (Oh the weirdness I know).
I have to say, I love this concept but I don't think it is practical for a larp weekender (keeping it clean would be a disaster all on it's own ._.) but it could be very, very useful in other circumstances.

I had been intending to try and find one with a well-placed crotch zipper, or, failing that, getting a cotton suit and adding my own zipper. I would just be a little worried about the zipper being... umm... uncomfortable... or strikingly visible >_> particularly if I had added it myself. I'm of larger stature, but slimmer build (I'm nearly 6 feet tall) so finding a suit that is slim enough for me, but tall enough was going to be an issue. If the suit was just a little too small, bunching up would be a real problem.

Honestly I wasn't thinking about one for a whole weekend, but rather a set (3-6 depending on your bladder frequency), that you could rinse out if your site has sinks in the bathroom, and then bag. Once you got home you could wash and re-tube to re-use. If you decided to do that, you could get one of those dog-waste rolls of small baggies to replace the bags that come in the tubes. No... I wasn't married to a female in the army. Nope, not at all, never, not me.

Back