Books and copyrights

Daviomac

Artisan
So, this weekend, our Alliance chapter has a booth at the local sci fi convention.

My wife and I are volunteering to spend some hours down there to try and recruit folks.

The issue I have is that for games like this, I usually like to have the rule book out to try and engage folks with.

Unfortunately, our latest books that I've seen (is there a new print run out there?) all have N-E-R-0 on them. Last I heard, we no longer have the right to use that name...

Is this going to be an issue? I could get stickers, I suppose, and slap them over the offensive four letter word. Is this a legal issue if we do use the book?

Enquiring minds want to know,

Davio

We have the right to use the name, without a doubt. There certainly has been no case that says otherwise. I still own the copyright on the book, after all.

We have decided on our own to change our name.

The new book will, of course, say "Alliance" but the way things are going, it probably won't be out until the season ends.

So don't worry!

Michael A. Ventrella, Esq. :D

That's an idea.

I was going to see if I could find stickers or stamps with the big circle with the slash through it...

Though, perhaps, some labels with this web site, and our website, to put inside the books (in case they wander off) might be an idea.

Need to get with Mike A. and see about flyers.

Thanks for the quick response!

D

I am currently making up some last minute flyers for a convention out here and I have a question - is the alliance still using the tagline "Be all that you can't be?"

markusdark said:
I am currently making up some last minute flyers for a convention out here and I have a question - is the alliance still using the tagline "Be all that you can't be?"

When is the convention? I may have some of the poster submissions available for you to use if you would like.

-Renee

Based on his post it is this weekend, May 23-25, assuming it starts on a Friday.

Yeah, it's Baycon, the San Francisco Bay Area sci fi convention. Starts this Friday, goes till Monday.

If you had a poster, that'd be swell. But, you know, only a few days, etc.

Back