Break Command 'touch'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Artisan
Regarding Break Command: Is the intention of "you must be able to touch the victim" an IG touch, or an OOG touch? Is 'must be able' supposed to be 'close enough to touch'?

Example 1) Mr Fighter gets berserked and I prison him so he stops killing his team. If I only need to OOG touch him, then I can break the command then drop the prison. If I need to 'be able' to touch him IG, I can't, and thus can't break the command.

Example 2) Mr Fighter gets berserked again. This time I have my shield and get his attention. I 'could' get close enough to touch him OOG, but IG I wouldn't be able to due to safety (lets assume I know I can't tackle him or one of us doesn't want physical roleplay for the situation)?

Example 3) I'm across the room, Mr Fighter is charmed and told to guard a dying body. The big bad is in the way. I 'could' touch him, but I'm not going to be able to because of distance. He is about 7 m away from me.

Example 4) Scenario above, but Mr Fighter is charmed and standing in front of of the big bad defending him (and thus not letting me come close to either of them). There is about 5 meters of space between us.

This post is to inform you that your question is currently being discussed by the ARC and once some clarification has been made will be posted here. Depending on the level of clarification and discussion (and potential involvement of the Owners or other national staff, if needed) this may take time.

You must be close enough to touch your target, but (for safety reasons) do not actually have to reach out and physically touch the target (though you are not forbidden to do so given the normal contact rules of Alliance). In your examples, 1 and 2 are legal cases to use Break Command, but 3 and 4 are not (assuming you are not Mr. Fantastic - and if so you probably have better things to do).

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back