Break out your dusty wares...

Davion

Scholar
Colorado Staff
I'm sending a call to all adventurers in town. Do you have any items that you just never use? A formal magic scroll that's about as useful as a placemat? A recipe that tasted no good?
I'm calling for everyone who has an item like this to contact me or chokonu! through missive or at the event. I want to make sure things are getting used, especially the coming market day.

Please include anything you have that you want to trade or sell and anything you desire. I'll try and match people up to other people that have what they want. Also, I will be trading or buying myself. Let's get some of these things dusted off!

Hunter Davion

This sounds very like, if not more general than, a request sent out a little bit ago, by someone named Frederick, I believe. I think that since this sounds like a new idea someone is obliged to mock it. Anyone? Anyone? and on topic, I don't have anything I wish to sell, though I may lend out a shield and spear.

Who is that who is speaking without signing their name?...

But either way whoever you are I must FIRMLY disagree. Davion is here asking/offering to purchase unused and unneeded wares and 'stuff' that other adventurers might have. He is not asking to buy only magical items which is quite frankly what Frederick was mostly talking about. He is also not making an appeal on the basis that 'he does not have much' but rather as a merchant which is quite reasonable and a perfectly sound offer.

This is a substantially different offer presented in a much more even keeled manner. And as a merchant myself I feel obliged to speak up in defense of Davion's business proposition.

- Taloc
Treasurer of Forest Edge

I apologize for not signing my name, I am deoman. Taloc, here is an excellent example of the fact that you pointed out, that it is far easier for us to misunderstand each other in this medium. I am in favor of both davion and fredrick's ideas to spread under used items around. when I said that this is more general, I was addressing the fact that Davion's proposal is more than just magic items. I'll admit, in my quick reply, I forgot to mention that Davion is actually purchasing things. Davion, in case you read my first reply and took offense, despite our slight rivalry, I strongly support what you are doing.

Respectfully and in support of innovation,
Deoman.

More importantly to me than anything else, I want to see items that are going unused, get used. That's the point of this dreaming. If you use your 3x a day cure light wounds bracelet, perfect. If you leave it in your bunk all market day, sell it! Trade it. I might not want it, but I'll find somebody who does.
Hunter Davion

I usuall' leeve may bucket of purify in dah hut. Dhat cuz I get rough stomach in dah night, an fo when vampire crawl inta bed...

Ok, I lie, I don' 'ave a bucket full of purify...sigh

Jus' tah make it clear, dhere no ritual scroll dhat onla useful as placemat. All scroll have use, it sometime just use ya need year o' five lata! But dhat onla go fo formal scroll.

-Hengin

Back