Briarpass' New Sheriff

Mobius

Squire
Chicago Staff
Marshal
I must make this brief. I catch little enough sleep as it is and cannot spend much time here away from my rest. As always, I am thankful to the adventurers and townsfolk who put their spirits on the line to protect us against those enemies too massive to be arrested by normal means. You are a testament to Briarpass and the fighting spirit of Wayside. Since I was named Regent to Briarpass I have been busy trying to live up to the trust you have placed in me and to the honourable legacy of Effram Rockfist, but I am only one man and I've spread thin as it is.

In recent weeks, I have found it more and more difficult to act in Arbor as liaison and act in Briarpass as judge. I am therefore naming Brother Cole of the Brotherhood of the Light as Sheriff for the province. He will act in my stead in those times when I am not present. He has the authority to mete out judgment for any crimes save those which might warrant death or greater punishments. He has my full support. Give his words weight as though they were mine.

In addition, I hereby name Garmok Rockfist of the Rockfist High Orc tribe as First Deputy to Briarpass. His jurisdiction extends primarily to dispensing justice to the adventurer population as often their circumstances are more complicated than the usual run. He can also arbitrate disagreements between townsfolk, though this is not his primary duty. He will still report to Brother Cole who can judge adventurers as well, but Garmok's words will carry weight with me in regards to specific issues involving adventurers. He too should be considered my mouthpiece.

I will still be acting as arbiter when I am present and can be sought out for appeal above that of the Sheriff and First Deputy. However, know that these men have my trust and my respect. I will not doubt their judgment's lightly and will hold their words as primary when assessing whether to reverse or alter their edicts.

It is a dark time and the storm has not yet descended. It is only trust in eachother and trust in the Light which will guide us through this night. Hold fast to the law and to your heart and we will all emerge victorious. Briarpass is strong and will not fall, but only if we act as one and act with honour. Walk in the Light.

Regent Renlee Firstborne
Captain, Brotherhood of the Light

Well heres yar first mystery then.... other day not less than 20 vials of my patented Pick Up Cure Light Wounds Potions stolen right off my cart.... I set you both to tasks masters Sheriff and Deputy... find out who's done this crime for me?

Lirun Bottlebliss.

Allright Regent Renlee if you incist I must work with this spineless rabel then I shall have to make the lightest of it. Sometimes shadows test our inner light so we can grow stronger.

I'll be busy at this cave mouth the next few days so I'll get the Orc you so "graciously apointed" more like thrust upon me.

YOU! ORC!

INVESTIGATE THIS,DONT EAT ANYONE...

prolly a no good gypsie scumbucket. Why does the light test its servants so when so many minions of darkness flit about like twiterring idiots.

On the other hand, its about time someone tried to keep the peace in these lands. I'll have the adventurers searched and rid of their "illegal" possesions by end of marketday! CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ORC?

Walk in the Light.

Sheriff Cole.

AllianceCHI said:
Allright Regent Renlee if you incist I must work with this spineless rabel then I shall have to make the lightest of it. Sometimes shadows test our inner light so we can grow stronger.

I'll be busy at this cave mouth the next few days so I'll get the Orc you so "graciously apointed" more like thrust upon me.

YOU! ORC!

INVESTIGATE THIS,DONT EAT ANYONE...

prolly a no good gypsie scumbucket. Why does the light test its servants so when so many minions of darkness flit about like twiterring idiots.

On the other hand, its about time someone tried to keep the peace in these lands. I'll have the adventurers searched and rid of their "illegal" possesions by end of marketday! CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ORC?

Walk in the Light.

Sheriff Cole.

Sheriff Cole,

No problem.

Garmok

It is an interesting outlook you have Sheriff Cole, I look forward to meeting you again. If memory serves me correctly I have only met you once formally, on my first venture to Wayside.

Congratulations Garmok, it seems that you are a glutton for duty. I hope that you are able to serve as faithfully as you have served all your other Masters and Orders. If that is done then Wayside is in good hands indeed.

May you find warmth from Winters sweet embrace,
Kevar Byrne, Standard Bearer to the Order of the Earthen Fist

Garmok:

First of all, I wish you hearty congratulations on your new post and title. Things are going well for you, Little Brother. I must tell you, though, that I have Seen some things and I think we should discuss them.

Find me next marketday -- earlier rather than later. I've some business that may make me a smidge late, but I assure you the sooner we speak, the better and therefore I will try to make haste to return from my business as much as I can.

I've a Feeling it'll be a portentous market day.

Well gonedang it!

It happened again! this time the thief made off with twice as much product. This needs to stop. I parked my broken down cart outside the tavern last night and this morning... new cartwheel.... missing 40 of my very best Cure Light Wounds.

What kinda thief steals potions after changing a cartwheel?

Lirun Bottlebliss

Back