Brooks or Sheppard?

Would you prefer Brooks or Sheppard?

• Brooks

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Sheppard

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm looking at booking our April/May event, and I can get either Brooks or Sheppard, but not Millers. Assuming that the event will be on the same weekend either way, which would you prefer?

*sigh*
Me too. I'm not sure what's wrong with it, and I can't seem to fix it.
Anyways, my preference is Sheppard because there's more cabins we can use, but Brooks is cheaper, especially if there's fewer players. What's your preference?

Personally, every chance to avoid ever going anywhere near Brooks is a good one. The only benefit that site has over Sheppard is not having to hike every ounce of equipment into a cabin from the parkinglot 87 miles away.

And the voting feature seems to be broken again.

I actually don't mind the walk, but I would still prefer Brooks. 4 votes say I'm in the minority, it seems.

As a side note, I'm not sure who has the time/ability for this to be useful to them, but here goes: From what I can tell, the survey form is missing two hidden fields to make it valid: creation_time and form_token (that is in addition to the two current fields: update and vote_id[]). The value for 'update' seems to not matter, except that it needs to be present. "vote_id[]" is the user's choice. "creation_time" is an integer timestamp matching when that page was loaded. I created a survey on the Alliance forums, which uses similar forum software, and if I remove (on the client side) either of those hidden fields, I get the "form was invalid" message.

It might be that those fields aren't needed in this variant of the code, but it's a lead. Hopefully this information can be useful to someone with the power to actually track this down.

Brooks is my vote. Much better site all around and as an Oregon player it's closer for me and easier to get to. Shepard is a 3 hour drive in the summer and a 4 hour drive when the passes are closed.

Millers is the best of the best in terms of location and facilities.

Brooks definitely. Better tavern, better site. Even if with monster camp having to run out of the bathroom, I still prefer it over Sheppard.

Alavatar said:
Where would Brooks be IG?
Somewhere Else(tm).

We wouldn't run it as a crappy Westgate or Iron Falls or something, we'd make it another location that was relevant to the plotline. We've got some really big stuff planned for the February three day (it'll be both a season closer and a season opener, kinda, and we're expecting some cool folk from the EC) and it would be pretty easy to hook the PCs into needing to go "Somewhere Else(tm)" to "Do a Thing(c)."

I'm looking into the error with polls. It appears that some of the board code was changed between the last version and current version that is breaking the Dark Fantasy style. I'll try to update the style template, but but if that doesn't work I'll need to find a new one to use.

-Dan

(EDIT: After digging a bit deeper it looks as though it will take some significant time investment to bring this template up to spec, so I'll be installing a new style shortly that should resolve the problem. If the staff would like to send me a specific style (phpBB 3.0.7 compatible) I'd be happy to install it; in the meantime I'll try to find something suitable.)

(EDIT 2: This theme looked better on paper, so to speak. I'll see if I can find something a bit more appropriate.)

(EDIT 3: This should do for now. Poll and any other previously broken templates should work properly now.)

Cool, thanks.

I'm not super into web stuff anymore, so if someone finds a template that they think better fits our theme and is the version that Dan specified, let me know and we'll take a look.

Seems to be working now! I am not invalid anymore yay!

The Poll has spoken!

(That, and we ended up not being able to use the date I thought we were going to, which made Brooks the only option.)
Take heart, those of you that prefer Sheppard! I've put us on the BSA list with 'Dibs' on a summer weekend at Sheppard. When they're through mapping out their schedule, we'll be the first to know! We'll actually be able to have a summer game next year! Woo!

Back