Brooks site question

evi1r0n

Baron
Hey there. Just wondering about the accommodations at Brooks. I know there are cabins, showers and a kitchen. Are there decent mattresses or any padding for sleeping on? Anything you can think of that you wished you had known your first time at Brooks? :D

Brooks has good enough mattresses. Not the Four Seasons, by ANY stretch of the imagination, but your standard foam thingies. Actually, they're pretty similar to Sheppard, if I recall correctly. The cabins are also rather small (not quite as tiny as Millers, but no bunk beds) and a bit cramped. 10 beds to a cabin, and all in two nice, neat little rows. Best storage (aka only storage) is really under the beds, unless you have a spare bed or two. No tables in the cabins or anything.

On the plus side, the tavern area is HUGE. One of my favourite sites, if only for that. :D

The only thing I would really recommend is BRING SOMETHING WARM TO WEAR. It is a VERY cold trip to the loo in the middle of the night east of the mountains in October. Brr.

Also have a question: Will there be a coffee pot?

if they don't have a coffee pot, I will bring one. :)

I don't recall a coffee pot, but I am not a coffee zombie, so I can't really say for certain... :roll:

SkollWolfrun said:

Will you plan on bringing one? A certain Rom might be selling coffee in game at the event.

iWolfe said:
SkollWolfrun said:

Will you plan on bringing one? A certain Rom might be selling coffee in game at the event.

Yeah, I will bring one with a pound of coffee. I can't get up without a cup-a-joe.
I know not everyone does coffee, so I was not considering it part of the food budget.

SO one more question. Are we able to drive up relatively close to the cabins (like Millers) or are we hiking it in (like Sheppard)?

It's worth mentioning: the PC cabin area houses about 40 players. We have 40 preregs alone. There are some possible additional options, and I know some of you are planning on tenting it, but we do ask that PCs suss out their cabin arrangements to ensure that each cabin houses 10 PCs before we start exploring them. Feel free to partition of the cabin into two halves or whatnot if that's what makes sense in-game for you.

I have 6 Legion coming. I believe 2 of them are staying in Gypsy camp (tents). We will partition as needed. :D

Back