burrr Im cold I need a blanket help :)

Ok I dont understand blankets

Each month I haev the option of buying a blanket for my home chapter for goblin stamps
a blanket gives me exp now heres my problem
how many exp dose the blanket give??

Date -Starting XP- -Finish XP- -Event Type Info
2008-02-25 17:52:27 -0- -15- - Faire November Monthly Blanket
2008-02-25 17:52:28 -15- -35- - Faire December Monthly Blanket
2008-03-03 18:28:52 -35- -60- - Faire January Monthly Blanket
2008-03-03 18:28:53 -60- -89- - Faire February Monthly Blanket
2008-03-03 18:30:38 -89- -122- -Faire March Monthly Blanket

I see I first gained 15 exp then 20 exp then 25 exp then an odd 29exp then 33exp
what math formula am I missing ;)

If I'm not mistaken it's Blanket = Build Points.

Meaning 15 BP = 15XP then the XP is turned into BP as per chart on page 22 of the RULE BOOK. Hope that helps.

nope I have 36 bp

;)

Ok, so each blanket you will get xp = to your current Build Points, you start with 15 BP, you first set of xp is 15, at 1st level its 3 xp=1 BP...so you get 15 xp divide by 3 get 5, so that 5 new BP you just got..making your total now 20 BP...next blanket you get 20 xp..so on and so forth...there is also and increase on xp:BP as well as you go up in level...if you have a rule book or know someone with one..then you can look in it and see how this all works...hope this helps a little....

~Matt K.

Frank Wiccan said:
nope I have 36 bp

;)

Ok 36xp = 3bp. So at the end of that month you would have 39 build points.

I think your missing the LEVELING chat/table off page 22 of the rule book.

The xp/bp/levelling thing is probably the most difficult/frequently misinterpreted thing in the book. Fortunately, you really don't have to deal with it all that much... Ohio has a build calculator on their site (http://www.alliancelarpohio.com its under the OOG menu on the left, third item down), but the basics of it is this:

You start with 15 build and 0 xp.

Every time you gain xp you get an amount equal to your current build points times the number of days of play involved (1/2 day for module day, 1 day for faire, 1 day for monthly blanket, 2 days for regular event, 3 days for long event, etc.)

That XP then transforms into build at a certain ratio determined by your level. You change each group of xp into bp on their own, once you go up in level, you immediately change the ratio you are working with. Any "extra" xp gets saved until you have enough to make a "whole" bp at your current level/ratio.

Make sense?

there is also a really nice pdf chart of experience to build point for levels 1 - 20 on the nerowest website.

http://www.nerowest.com/reality/rules/NEROTables.pdf

Now please anyone who goes there don't refer to any of the other rules in their charts because most of the rest of them are different. But the way we calculate bp to xp is identical.

Most of that same information (in its correct format) is available on the Ohio site.

Or a rulebook.

thanks all
it is a bit ruff for a newbie :)
I just thought that each blanket was 40 exp

now I know and knowing is half the battle ;)

FW

Yeah its a fairly complicated system, but it accomplishes the goal of sliding advancement. So you advance quickly at low levels and slow down... it gets rough in the high teens... and then even worse in the 30s ;-)

i'm lost on most of this too. i have 3000 gobbies to spend and not sure what the bejeebus i'm doing.

Use them for blankets and production items at events

You can spend gobbies on a number of things:

You can buy up to 100 pts of production items per event (1gs=1pp).

You can get coin instead of production (1gs=1cp)

You can blanket months, or missed events (30gs per month, 60 <i think??> per weekend event)

You can buy back deaths (not the first two though). Those start cheap and get more and more expensive for each one you buy back.

You can buy magic items when you NPC. Prices range depending on what the item does and how long it lasts.

didnt know all the stuff I could buy with gs :)
I might have to make another donation to the make the site great fund !

heheheh i've gotten alot of advice from people and after asking my GM a few questions on the length of use of one of the items i was offered i may or may not purchase an indestructible sword. but if i don't i think i'll blanket and production point the bajeebus outta my character. HEHEHEHE alchemy's expensive :eek:

Yup - Gobbies can be wonderful things - and you get them for doing cool stuff for your chapter. Everybody wins.

Im not sure Id ever buy coin with gobbies, but using them for some production items (especially that extra 22 point suit or armor, or something else similarly hard to get hands on IG, such as a good mechanical trap) is great for your early events. I swear I lived off cure wounds potions for 2 events.

cool...i think i may do a little bit of everything...spread the love around yup

Back