Cabins, pre-reg, and season passes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call ********. The general opinion against the Scions isn't even vaguely hidden. This is not an IC issue, it's an OOC issue. The players who portray the Scions put $5700+/year into event registration and customers regardless of faction shouldn't be treated this way.

Hey I know what you are saying, and I understand how you feel, but please never bring that up again. We had a BIG problem in.. another game.. with that. Please... .don't be those guys. You REALLY don't want to be.

Hey folks,

First off, let me offer my sincerest apology for announcing this now. It has always been our intent to create a split town in this fashion. It had nothing to do with any particular teams or not, so I assure you, that is not the case, even though a VERY large team was the one affected. If I had it my way, Citadel would be heated and useable and we wouldn't be having this convo. We are going to make due with what we have and the plot team is going to make both locations equally enjoyable to be at.
In full transparency, I am offering two heated cabins with electricity in Lucky Circle to the Scions. In addition, those two buildings will be considered one for in game purposes, allowing the second one to be a "Scion back room" where your ward will extend over. There will also be no NPCs in your cabin with you. I know it's not what you want, but I hope that alleviates some of the concerns you had.
I know that feelings are hurt and I apologize for causing them to be so. In time, and with some changes, I am hoping that this will eventually be better for all involved. With that said, please try to be civil to one another. I appreciate hearing all of the opinions, and as was already mentioned, staff will discuss this further.
Apologetically,
Jesse

I love how people jump to the conclusion that any one of the Scions speaks for all the Scions. We don't work that way, I'm speaking as myself, the player of who pays $ and works even harder to make the time to play in this game. Izzy or Paxton don't speak for me any more than I do for them especially when we are OOC and the discussion is pertaining OOC issues. You don't expect me to believe any Baron or Knight sleeps on a Girl Scout spring bunk in close quarters with all their subjects? No, that's what the player does.

I don't know who you are "Fade" as your profile is empty but we are not "those guys" - and if bleed has been an issue in your games maybe that's because it is an issue. We *players* followed the rules and got tossed off to make room for those who either didn't or couldn't hold a cabin on their own - because their characters wear belts. IC we can be 2nd class subjects, OOC my PayPal was approved just like everyone else who preregged on time.

To be fair, you were speaking for all the scions in a sense when you say how much they spend and how they should be treated. I'm neutral in opinion here, but you're trying to play both ways.

Look, I'm not going to belabor the point, just don't throw that around. It's poor form. Everyone pays for the game in one way or another. PC's pay in money, NPC's pay in blood and sweat, and plot pays more than most people can imagine.

...And who cares if my profile is empty?

We all are passionate about our game, on both in and out of game fronts. That's a good thing. I think Trace is right to try to channel it into something positive

Jesse, thanks for the short-term fix. Obviously, there are still some feelings of unfairness, but your solution certainly fixes all the technical, IG aspects of it. I feel like I CAN speak for the Scions when I say we're pretty unhappy, but as a group, we can hold onto that until we can actually talk to you and figure things out for the long-term.

Fade, I think his objection to your empty profile is just that we have no idea who you are, and thus where you are coming from. Yeah, everyone pays, but the objection is that he feels like he paid for one thing and then got something less that what he paid for. Totally understandable.

As a point in the interest of translation, and "where he's coming from:"

There is another LARP (unrelated to Alliance Denver) with which several of our Denver players have experience, including Fade. There was a large group of players there who often touted their financial contribution to the game as a means of getting their way with the game ownership. The situation at that game was pretty bad, and that very specific issue became a hot button that ultimately contributed to a lot of rage quitting over there.

There are some nerves getting scraped all over the place with this unfortunate circumstance. I think the mention of OOG dollars touched a nerve for Fade -- but outside of the context of experience with that unrelated game, Fade's point may not have been as clear to Nico & the Scions in translation.

Will, you're on the right track now. If there's anything anyone else at the game, staff or players, can do to help y'all outfit 2 cabins instead of the 1, and make the best of this, please shout out.

Trace

Out of sheer curiosity, as someone who's only ever been in a Greenwood cabin in pitch black while murdering people in their sleep... can someone explain why they are preferred? I understand the logistics of having a cabin that sleeps 12 vs 8 for larger teams, but is that it? Just easier logistics/strength in numbers? As far as amenities go it would seem both locations offer basically the same benefits in regards to bathroom proximity, electricity, water, and heat (rest assured LC has heat... in fact the heaters in LC work too damn well IMHO.)

Thanks!

The thing is, we're in a game with nobles and entitlements. It's not the 21st century USA where equality is a right. Valdyr is less than a second class citizen. He's a barbarian estranged from his own people with no chance whatsoever at holding political power in Acarthia. Fine by me. I love having a legitimate reason to have a chip on my shoulder.
Tiatar, Rivervale, Bayenna, and Warchester were the established baronies when the game started because of its geographic location and because that's just how it was.

I love the thought of social strata, especially since it puts me on the bottom. To me it sounds awesome to have some noble tell me, "There might be a spot for you to sleep in the rubbish out back." lol.

Everyone relax. Division will only add color and immersion. No need to get all mopey :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back