Cabins/Sleeping at National Event

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Hi,

What does the site look like for cabins? How many are there, how many people do they hold etc? Is it first come basis?

Thanks,

Asher, I was just at the site yesterday checking out the overall layout and (more importantly to me) the kitchen facilities and dining hall.

I don't know about the "reservation" end of things, but I put together a spreadsheet and a link to a camp site map that should give everyone a general idea of the layout.
I forwarded this information to our "Illustrious Leader" to see if it was posting worthy. :) stand by for upcoming details.

any info on this?

I'm also interested to know because I'll have to leave site late Friday night/Saturday morning and will not return until Sunday morning due to a wedding I'm in. I really don't want to have to setup and pack up twice in one weekend. I would prefer a cabin or similar structure, even better with other Barbarians.

To All, Please see the UPDATED attached details for the Site and Cabin layout detail that I compiled.

--> Socora, Tavern Mistress (aka LARP Mom) {aka Christina}

Attachments

• NATIONALS - Site & Cabin layout details.xlsx
    10.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
FYI - there will be no rocking the ducky flotation devices - the pool and pool building will be closed / unavailable for use.

Please note, excited helpers aside we have NOT yet finalized which cabins will be held for npc dom/ available to claim.

So if I am reading this correctly, there will be minimal refrigerators?
What about bunks & mattresses?
Just want to clarify so I know how to pack.

Refrigeration space will be limited, and controlled by our Cooking staff, although we expect there to be sufficient room for folks to be able to store things, we will not guarntee it. (The are big fridges in the Dining hall, and 2 additional fridges on site.

All cabins come complete with floor mats, but not bunks in the majority, There is one building missing from the posted excel document that I need to verify the capacity with the rangers.

The Long cabins can hold up to 30 each, have propane hot plates for cooking (for snacks outside of the dining hall if you want) These can be reserved for Large groups ( 12+) and some will be available as racial encampments under the same general guidelines. Groups of 12 or more can claim a long cabin now. Just e-mail the attending members to alliancenationals@gmail.com.

Gwen Cabins will be reserved for monster camp sleeping for now (as well as set of larger buildings as potential mod space and make up/equipment set up.) One of the 4 Gwen (8 man) cabins has been reserved for our Tavern Head and others MIGHT be made available after we see how the npc numbers shake out.

Please note there are a massive number of tent platform/areas as well for those who prefer that experience.

So I'm travelling alone, and have no group to speak of. Am I fending for myself?

One of the buildings that is an option is the large "Barracks" building in game. This has 2 rooms that fit a bit over a dozen people up top, and even more sleeping in the basement (it's also the only air conditioned building in the place) We do NOT have a secure area to lock personal items, please plan to leave these in a locked vehicle. We might find a way to offer something like that but please do not count on it ^.^

So just to confirm, there are no bunks or matress pads. We will have to bring our own cots/air matresses for the cabins?

The "Camper Cabin" HAS BOTH bunks AND mattress pads.

ALL cabins DO HAVE mattress pads.

Hope this helps :)

So, if you want to be nice, bring your own mattress/pad/cot.

Howdy folks! Would anyone have a couple of blankets they could lend a visiting player flying in to the event? I'd much prefer to not have to pack a sleeping bag/blankets myself. I'm easy to please and would be just fine with some simple blankets to throw over me.

Thanks,
Bryan Gregory

I can thrown an extra sleeping bag in the car for you, Bryan.

Back