Calimacil weapons are ok to use?

Most of them appear to be approved on a case by case basis. I have one that is approved, but I never use it.

Seconding what Tevas said. All latex weapons are approved on a case-by-case basis. My personal, non-official recommendation is, if you own one and want to try to get it approved, feel free to bring it and have a Marshal check it out; if you're looking at buying one, be sure you feel the investment will still be worth it if you can't use it at Alliance.

Calimicil weapons in general are on the harder side. I have only seen a few that pass that were not really broken in well and even then they were just passable.

My own personal recommendation is to actually contact Mike (Drenten) and Marcus about getting a weapon made from them. They do coated weapons, both coating and cloth, and they're pretty much guaranteed to pass just about anywhere.

Thanks for the responses. I see. The reason I like them is the level of realism they bring to the table as well as looking great. So if I get one I risk having to return it if it doesn't pass.

Check out Marcus's page on facebook. Darkshire forge, the stuff he can make for you will pass and the level of detail is no less then any of the latex sites.

Throwing in my two cents here. In my experience Calimacil weapons are very hard for the style of combat practiced at Alliance or Realms of Conflict (the other fantasy LARP in the bay area).

I own a Calimacil Rapier and would not bring it to either of those games.

However, Claimacil weapons do pass at the local Victorian Era, World of Darkness LARP, Gaslight, which has a much slower and lighter style of combat.

So if you were interested in Gaslight at all, and there was a Calimacil weapon you really had your heart set on, it might be worth the investment. That said, I'll Third what Inaryn and Drenton have to say here, go to the Darkshire Forge facebook page and talk to Marcus about getting a sword made.

Thanks for your help guys and gals. I put a message up on the darkshire s Facebook page. So far no response but I'm hopeful.

Flynbolt said:
Thanks for your help guys and gals. I put a message up on the darkshire s Facebook page. So far no response but I'm hopeful.

I'll kick them since they're both here like, right now.

Next time you see them, please kick them for me, too. I sent a message that isn't urgent, but we'll need an answer for planning within the next month or so.

-Luke

They've gotten your messages, they're just slammed at work right now.

Like I said, we've got some time...last I checked, FB didn't show that the message had been read, so I wanted to be sure it had been received since you were apparently in a kicking mood, already ;)

-Luke

Some vendors will actually have a 30 day return policy, provided the weapon hasn't been used yet. (I know my rapier did.) If you order it in time for an event, but it doesn't pass, you may be able to send it back for a refund. These companies want to make latex weapons that work for the LARP, so many times they will work with you.

Back