Camlann Medieval Village

Once upon a time, I used to help out in the kitchen of an actual medieval restaurant. It?s called the Boar?s Head Inn and is located out in Carnation, WA (about an hour from Seattle). The atmosphere there is incredible! Not only does the village look authentically medieval, but the restaurant is complete with 13th century recipes and in-costume actors that wait the tables. Anyway, I thought that some of you might find this info interesting. Here?s the village website:

http://www.camlann.org/

(check out the pictures! that place looks very cool!)

{snob}Speaking as a historical recreationist. ;) Camlann makes me have a heart attack with what they will allow. They do try, though.{/snob}

Speaking as someone who loves fair? It's great! I highly recommend it for anyone wanting a fun time! The food is good and the atmosphere is fantastic. Well worth the trip and the money... just don't be a period Nazi and you'll be fine :D

Now, on to other things. I would very much to be able to make the Inn into a more authentic environment. Anyone wanting to make banners of Dagliano, Crocevia, themselves, whatever? Gobbies are in the offing! Anyone wishing to have another feast (like last year's?) Let me know! Working together, we can make a richer environment to immerse ourselves in for the weekend. We have a very limited budget (trust me, the money you pay does not go far with the expenses we incur), and everything donated is very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Dave Overman

Talk to Kevin Riley. The dragon banner that his dad made is fabulous! (we had it hanging from the fort at last years siege event). I'm willing to bet he could work something for ya.

Jeff

Dave said:
{snob}Speaking as a historical recreationist. ;) Camlann makes me have a heart attack with what they will allow. They do try, though.{/snob}

Speaking as someone who loves fair? It's great! I highly recommend it for anyone wanting a fun time! The food is good and the atmosphere is fantastic. Well worth the trip and the money... just don't be a period Nazi and you'll be fine :D

Now, on to other things. I would very much to be able to make the Inn into a more authentic environment. Anyone wanting to make banners of Dagliano, Crocevia, themselves, whatever? Gobbies are in the offing! Anyone wishing to have another feast (like last year's?) Let me know! Working together, we can make a richer environment to immerse ourselves in for the weekend. We have a very limited budget (trust me, the money you pay does not go far with the expenses we incur), and everything donated is very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Dave Overman

The place looks alot like the Ren Fest over here in Minnesota.

DigiRyan

If you think the INN looks great, you should be there during the summer when the weekend faires are going on.

I worked a couple of weekends there this last summer as an apprentice armorsmith. I tried to keep it in as period as I could, answering questions as if I were actually an armorsmith's apprentice.

The people there were awesome, the music was great, the actors were terrific.

All in all, the atmosphere is near perfect if you don't look TOO closely at the historical context. I don't have much experience with it myself but all in all, I felt the experience was tremendous and, the great spirits willing, I'll be doing it a bit this next summer as well.

Keith aka Krillmalir Nightsky

Ya know...

If anyone ever wants to do another NERO photoshoot, I know the owner of Camlann personally, and he has already given me permission to do a phootshoot out there. We just have to arrange it a month ahead of time.

What do you guys think?

L.E. said:
Ya know...

If anyone ever wants to do another NERO photoshoot, I know the owner of Camlann personally, and he has already given me permission to do a phootshoot out there. We just have to arrange it a month ahead of time.

What do you guys think?

Id like to but dont know if i could make it...

Sam :cool:

Krillmalir said:
If you think the INN looks great, you should be there during the summer when the weekend faires are going on.

I worked a couple of weekends there this last summer as an apprentice armorsmith. I tried to keep it in as period as I could, answering questions as if I were actually an armorsmith's apprentice.

The people there were awesome, the music was great, the actors were terrific.

All in all, the atmosphere is near perfect if you don't look TOO closely at the historical context. I don't have much experience with it myself but all in all, I felt the experience was tremendous and, the great spirits willing, I'll be doing it a bit this next summer as well.

Keith aka Krillmalir Nightsky
I wanna work faire. I really wanted to work a faire up here this past summer but didn't really have much info on where and when they were.

I worked northern faire in cali for a weekend or so. I had a lot of fun doing it, heat exhausted and all. I worked with the Military guild being a water girl. It was fun.

I just really need to learn to sew so I can actually make the faire garb I have designed.

~Leigh-Ann

L.E. said:
Ya know...

What do you guys think?

Hey Haley! That sounds really awesome. We will talk it over and definitely let you know. As the PR person for the chapter I think it would be perfect for a photoshoot.

~Leigh-Ann

Feast.

I am up for a feast of great proportions. I would love to do another feast and would be willing to make some dishes. I try to cook every weekend and always donate food to the helpless and the cooking inept.

If people want- If I am going to an event, I can prepare many a great biscuits and can do a good number of historical dishes that I learned in the SCA and scouts. If anyone would like, I would also be willing to do a "campfire" cook-off in the upcoming gypsy camp outside. Sometimes it is fun to cook over an open fire and I have learned a great variety of dishes from spending time in my family's cabins on Lopez island.

I can prepare several dishes ahead of time for those interested. I'm going to try to get any gypsy related character to eat with the gypsy camp whenever possible, as fun and merry doings are always better with a glass of wine and a well fed accomplice.

Barry aka Balryn the Gypsy

Camlynn

If anyone is interested about Camlann Village, perhaps we could do a NERO voyage up there and return to someone's house for a night of fun. It would be fun to get a group to go. I did this in the past and we actually picked up a few new players just from talking as we walked around. I don't know when the Camlynn season starts, but it can be a fun afternoon.

If needed by people outside the area I have some futon, couch, and floor space to crash on. Camlynn Village is about 30 minutes away from Everett, so people could travel to my house Friday- spend a few hours Saturday at the village, maybe catch a movie together (or try a round of NERO modified mini-golf), and then come back to my place for some evening food and socializing.

Let me know if anyone's interested. :)

~Barry

This sounds like a lot of fun. Depending on my school schedule, I'm in.

L.E. said:
Once upon a time, I used to help out in the kitchen of an actual medieval restaurant. It?s called the Boar?s Head Inn and is located out in Carnation, WA (about an hour from Seattle). The atmosphere there is incredible! Not only does the village look authentically medieval, but the restaurant is complete with 13th century recipes and in-costume actors that wait the tables. Anyway, I thought that some of you might find this info interesting. Here?s the village website:

http://www.camlann.org/

(check out the pictures! that place looks very cool!)

I've been there it's awesome! The food is really great.
Aeris

sounds good to me.
Ill be up for faire hooptyness and barry house hangin'
whats nero modified mini-golf?
sounds awsome

~steph

NERO Modified Mini-Golf:

Back in the last edition (when only four classes existed), there was a coversion for each combat skill. Each prof allowed you a "retry", a backstab allowed you to make someone reshoot, a crit slay was a auto-par, an assassinate force someone to take a double par, etc, etc. Spell casters got 1 "effect" ability for each level they could cast. (Example: You could pin someone to a spot exactly one full stride away from their ball, you could "repel" a ball from your ball). Each level of spell had a different fun "effect" you could use once in the gold game. (SIDE NOTE: Gypsy curse was still cool, because it worked normally!)

It was a fun conversion of the rules specifically for mini-golf. I could go through and type them up again.

Barry

I would play this. I would SO play this. We should do it sometime.

-Dan

Back