Camp Sheppard Cleanup Day: Saturday 10/16-17

So, I know that a number of us had a few run-ins with a bad scouting group, and I'll address that in another thread. Basically, it wasn't Camp Sheppard's fault. Anyways, Harrison (the new Camp Sheppard Director) seemed really impressed with our clean up while we were going through check out, so we succeeded in making a pretty good impression. We can help that out even more if anyone wants to go help out at Camp Sheppard this weekend. I've already heard from a few people that were interested, so here are some of the details:
Camp Sheppard said:
October Adult Work Party- Oct 16-17
Our October and November work parties include tasks ranging from moving brush piles to replacing cabin porches. Saturday breakfast through Sunday lunch will be provided. Come out and stay the weekend or just the day, we look forward to seeing you soon!
It sounds like one of the main tasks this time is going to be painting some of the interior trim on a couple cabins. I know that there was still some brush to be cleared and some other tasks as well. If you've got particular skills that you think might be useful, let me know and I'll let them know (but do it quick!)

Here are the perks:
  • You get free lodging Friday night and/or Saturday night if you want it (but you're not required to be there that long).
  • You get free food Saturday Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Sunday Breakfast (but, again, you can be there for any part of that, you don't have to get there on Friday or wait till Sunday to leave. I think the people from Alliance who were interested will get there Saturday morning and leave in the early evening.)
  • You get a blanket of XP as though it were a gameday. (This isn't a gameday that anyone else should attempt to buy back. I'm looking into seeing if I can just wholesale deny people the ability to buy it, but right now I'm very strongly discouraging people from attempting it. I'm certainly not buying it myself, I can't make it.)
  • You'll also get some gobbies, based on the amount of time you spend helping out.
Post here if you want to be put on the list, and I'll call Sheppard tomorrow (Thursday evening). If you want to go and you don't see this until later, just go anyways. The number I give Sheppard is an estimate, and they use it to figure out what sorts of tasks they'll have enough people for, so a few extras is OK.

I plan on going! Nothing like some cleaning to make you feel alive! :D

It's the wife's B-day weekend. If I can sneak away on Sunday morning I will but no guarantees. :D

I would greatly appreciate it if someone going up there could look in the (big) fridge and see if you find the two large round tupperware containers left there this last weekend full of delicious coconut macaroons. It would be awesome if they were still there and could make their way to Brooks the following weekend. In fact, that would be more than awesome, it would be cocolicious!

I really wish I could make this, but I have a full plate Saturday and mandatory OT on Sunday, I would be interested in a clean up day in the future.

Polare Lissenstine said:
I would greatly appreciate it if someone going up there could look in the (big) fridge and see if you find the two large round tupperware containers left there this last weekend full of delicious coconut macaroons. It would be awesome if they were still there and could make their way to Brooks the following weekend. In fact, that would be more than awesome, it would be cocolicious!

I will see what i can find. What colour are the tupperware containers?

prashka said:
Polare Lissenstine said:

Orange, with different colored lids if I remember rightly. Thanks much!

Polare Lissenstine said:
prashka said:
Polare Lissenstine said:

Orange, with different colored lids if I remember rightly. Thanks much!

i believe it is yellow with an orange lid and green with a yellow lid - 70s style color, not the bright ones of today (edited to correct colors)

Amy M said:
i believe it is yellow with an orange lid and green with a yellow lid - 70s style color, not the bright ones of today (edited to correct colors)

Good news: I found one of the two containers, and the macaroons were still inside. Yay! Unfortunately, i did not find the yellow container with the orange lid. I shall bring the one i DID find to Oregon this upcoming weekend. :)

prashka said:
Good news: I found one of the two containers, and the macaroons were still inside. Yay! Unfortunately, i did not find the yellow container with the orange lid. I shall bring the one i DID find to Oregon this upcoming weekend. :)
Less a finder's fee, right?

elliotbay said:
prashka said:
Less a finder's fee, right?

Lol. Well, normally, yes, but I think i'll be kind. They have been missed so greatly... ;D

Can I get a PM or an email from people who went to this? I know that there was at least one, and I want to make sure that people get credit.
~Matt

Back