Can I make throwing knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elandril

I'm going to be playing a... *Ahem*... Rogue character. Would I be able to make throwing knives for said character? I understand no core for thrown weapons but what about lengths, weight, and size?

You sure can! As you stated, they're going to have to meet all of our Alliance safety rules and will have to pass a check by a Marshall at an event but assuming you can do those things, you're golden.

Thrown weapons must be at least 2" long and may be no greater than 40" long in any dimension. Any thrown weapon with a single measurement greater than 24" is considered a "heavy thrown weapon" and deals additional damage, but all thrown weapons fall under the Thrown Weapon skill. There's no weight restrictions, but you're not allowed to weigh them down with internal ballast of any kind - it has to be all open-cell foam on the inside.

Edit: Removed 2" long in all dimensions. Per Rulebook, thrown must be min 2" long. -Paladin of Life

And overtaping to increase weight can cause a weapon to fail if it makes the weapon too hard.

I blame the fact that I didn't see his question about the dimensions because it was early in the morning. :grrr:

Elandril, you can find all of the specific information about the weapon sizes in the official rulebook which can be downloaded in PDF format here for free. Weapon size information is on page 82.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back