Can you combo Assassin's Edge with Opportunistic attack?

Tantarus

Knight
Assassin's Edge (General, Item [Melee Weapon], Daily) – Assassin’s Edge allows the user to, once per Logistics period per charge, make a melee attack with this weapon with the “Body” carrier when striking from behind. This may be combined with any applicable skill, Ritual, or other effect that would alter the damage amount for such an attack (such as the Assassinate skill).

Opportunistic Attack - 2 XP (Rogue), 60 XP Stealth Skills per purchase, Daily - the character may, once per Logistics period per purchase, make a single attack from any direction which normally requires attacking From Behind. This skill may (and normally should be) be combined with other skills; note that no additional call is needed when this skill is used. This skill (while purposely limited by very high prerequisites) gives characters who want to play a Rogue but have difficulty with their OOG stealth or the site an opportunity to "be all they can't be" and still use some of their Stealth skills at an additional expense.

Looks like it should be fine.

So, my Marshal call would be it works, because Opp Attack is designed to let you compensate for not being super rogue-skilled. I would assume that intention of handicap to also apply to your toolkit, aka Rits.

I feel like it should, but by the strict wording of assassins edge it much be an attack from behind....

That same wording is on a lot of rogue skills that also carry a caveat noted elsewhere “can be done at ranged.”

Does that mean you can use assassins edge on a bow?

I feel like that is not something they want to happen, which might be why the line of only from behind is in.

Ahh yeah melee weapon, good call on there part

Last edited:
Assassins edge requires the attack to be one that can be made from behind.

Opportunistic attack allows an attack that normally has to be made from behind to be made from anywhere.

The only issue I would see is that assassins edge states that it may be combined with any other thing that would alter the damage, but includes no allowance for skills that might do something else.

Clearly, the intention behind opportunistic attack is to allow people to make use of rogue stuff in more situations.

Personally, I think the spirit of opportunistic attack outweighs the potential issue with the letter of assassins edge and I’d allow it.

From Behind is a special designation for an attack, even in 1.3. From Behind has not changed :)

(so yes, you can combo Opp Attack with Assassin's Edge)

Back