Caravan of Wonder auction

jpariury

Duke
The Caravan of Wonders is pleased to announce that we will be holding an auction of items of magic, mystery, and mysticism. We have secured a number of objects, as well as received numerous donations and items placed in the auction on commission for those with the financial means to place these objects on the auction block. If you also wish to place anything up for sale, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Below is the current list of items we are intending to auction off, however, our inventory is always fluctuating and we reserve the right to remove or add to the list as items become available or made unavailable:

Formal Scrolls:
  • Regenerate - 15 gold
  • Spirit Forge - 15 gold
  • Race Change - 15 gold
  • Permanance - 15 gold
  • The Earth Weapon Pack - 20 gold
    • Damage Aura
    • Earth Aura
    • Channel
    • Preserve
  • The Celestialist Pack - 10 gold
    • Enhance Wand
    • Greater Wand
    • Spell Store
    • Preserve
  • The Protection Pack - 25 gold
    • Arcane Armor
    • Protection Aura
    • Spell Parry
    • Cloak
    • Bane
    • Preserve
Components:
  • Bundle of reagents, small (five assorted reagents) - 10 gold
  • Bundle of reagents, large (ten assorted reagents) - 20 gold
  • Permanence Catalyst - 50 gold
  • Spirit Forge Catalyst - 50 gold
  • Race Change Catalyst - 50 gold
  • Regenerate Catalyst - 50 gold
Magic Items:
  • Harkonnian Duelist Shield - a rectangular shield with a single center grip, measuring 15" x 26", this item was secured during the military campaign of December 610, which saw the abolition of numerous people, both common and military, from the Harkonnian Empire. This item is known to have the following rituals on it: Protection Aura of the third rank, Arcane Armor equal to a full templar's suit, and allowing a person to avoid three simple blows. The item appears bound to the lands of Harkonnia, the Golden Horn, and Taneryn (possibly others!), and will expire in just under three years. The starting bid on this keepsake of a glorious battle in the war for freedom will be 10 gold.
  • Dwarven Striker - a short axe donated by our new allies, the Dwarves of the Northern Kingdom of Chakar, and crafted with runes by the McKinnuh clan. It possesses the following rituals: Ogroid Slayer which triples its natural striking strength, and imbued with an aura of Lightning and appears bonded to the lands of the Golden Horn (and possibly others!). Good for just under three years, the starting bid for this finely-honed blade forged in the fires of Dùnùirdan will be 20 gold.
  • Chain of Unknown Magicks - this is a loop of golden chain with a circumference of roughly 4 feet, with a 9 inch extension of chain and plain medallion, seemingly capable of travel through the mists. The object is clearly magical, yet appears to be under the effects of an Obfuscate. This item was secured from the rubble of the Great Wall, which some of you may recall was created not but a few weeks ago during the liberation of the Northern Kingdom. Due to this hindrance, the starting bid for this item will be one gold.
  • A silver brooch with the following magics, once per day: Bless, Shield, Endow, Magic Armor, Poison Shield, Spell Shield, Elemental Blade, Earth Blade, Elemental Shield. Lasts for two years and can travel through the mists freely. The starting bid for this item will be 5 gold.
Keepsakes and Mementos
  • A large bottle of fine grape spirits, donated by travelers from Hilldale. Starting bid will be five silver.
  • A flat of brownies to be made the day of the auction by a member of Deep Water tribe from Taneryn planning to visit. Starting bid will be 1 gold.
  • A pig of fine dwarven dark ale, crafted with care by the Stall clan of the Northern Kingdom, and given the blessing of Clanleader Rupert Stall himself. The starting bid will be 5 gold.

Again, if you have any particular items you wish to donate or place on commission, please do not hesitate to seek us out.

-Derek Hammerfall
Caravan of Wonders

There has been a question on what goods we will accept as payment.

We would most prefer simple coin, as it travels easiest and spends most freely. We will also accept gems or other financial instruments of worth at their verifiable value.
Potions, scrolls, and alchemy will be accepted at 4/5 of their base production cost.

Scrolls, reagents, catalysts and other common instruments or products of formal magic will be valued on a case-by-case basis.

We are also in the market for rare and/or unique objects of interest, which will also be valued on a case-by-case basis. Where applicable, any items of such distinction will require a documented history and certificaton of authenticity sworn and signed by someone of noble rank, as recognized by Her Majesty, Queen Shibboleth.

-your humble servant,
Derek Hammerfall

Any chance you have a Transfer Enchantment Scroll and Catalyst available? Or can acquire them to sell?

I am sure we can come to an agreement for coin. Or if you prefer I have a Permanent, Damage Aura of the first rank short sword, I would be willing to trade.

Feel free to contact me privately to work something out if you can acquire or have such items.

-Tantarus Andrada

:( It's to bad that I wont be around for the auction, because I will love to own the Dwarven Striker.

Harlock

Master Tantarus,

Depending on the outcome of the upcoming auction, we may be able to fulfill your needs. Failing that, I suspect an arrangement can be made within four month's time. Failing that, we may have an item that suits your needs to simply trade the objects you wish to combine for an item of similar, if not identical, combined results. Please seek me out during the celebration and we can discuss this further.

Master Harlok,

I would suggest that you can, if you would like, give your gold to another member of the community to bid in your stead.

To All,

There have been a number of inquiries on whether or not the Caravan would accept "proxy bids", a process through which someone might indicate a maximum bid amount that would in some fashion automatically increment in some amount, yet allow them to be absent from the actual auction. i.e. someone might suggest that they would bid up to 100 gold on an item, incrementing in amounts of 3 gold. So, someone present at the auction might bid 50 gold, at which point we would then indicate that some absent party is increasing their own bid to 53 gold. While the potential to do business with all good people of or visiting Landfall is always enticing, it simply would not be good for business overall to allow auctions to be performed in such a manner. The concern that the Caravan has with such an arrangement is that from the prospective of people actually present at the auction: it will create the appearance of the Caravan simply raising bids for no reason. And simply put, that will never look good for business. As such, we would request that if you wish to bid on an item, to either do so in person or through some other person who will be present at the auction.

-yours in service,
Derek Hammerfall
Caravan of Wonders

Citizens of Landfall,

After speaking with the Caravan of Wonders about the auction and other various matters, I am happy to announce the following:

The Caravan of Wonders, in service to Her Majesty Queen Shibboleth, has selflessly agreed to donate the following at the end of the upcoming auction:

To the people of Dùnùirdan and the Chakar Stronghold, the Caravan of Wonders will donate 10% of the total auction proceeds!

To the people of Landfall by way of Tanaryn, the Caravan of Wonders will donate 10% of the total auction proceeds!

A great service to the people of the Golden Horn, and her Majesty, and for that we thank them.

-Lord Gyr

Back