Casting a ritual circle for someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgrim

Artisan
I would like to know if I (as a celestial caster) could cast a Circle of Power spell with a formal caster standing inside with me that would allow them to then perform a celestial formal ritual. For instance Lumi and Aneira the celestial scholars stand inside a circle phys rep and Lumi casts Circle of Power. Can Aneira then use that circle of power to cast a formal ritual assuming she has everything necessary to perform the ritual inside the circle?

I am assuming yes because: "Wizards need not be Invested in order to cast a ritual in a Circle of Power, although obviously they must be recognized in" (ARB 130). However it is a bit unclear because "The caster casts the Circle of Power spell if a permanent Circle of Power is not being used" (ARB 131) makes it seem like it has to be cast by the person performing the ritual.

Thanks

Yes. Just make sure the caster is inside the circle. Once it is up, anyone can cast a ritual inside (if they have the correct skills/scrolls/components/aspect, etc.).

SEA/OR ritual marshal

Upvote 0
While the statement on pg. 131 does imply that to use a battle cast CoP for ritual casting the ritual caster must be the caster of the CoP, it is not explicitly required nor has it been required in practice. You just have to physically be inside of an appropriate aspect CoP to cast rituals, regardless of who cast the CoP.

SEA/OR Rules/Ritual Marshal

Upvote 0
No. The example sounds like it assumes the caster would make the circle, but it's not required. Greater Circles of Power, for example, are often used by casters who weren't involved in their creation.

There's an exception, however, in Create Limited Circle of Power. Per the ritual text:

"The ritual caster and only the ritual caster must cast the one Circle of Power spell used in this ritual."

So, that's the only ritual that requires the circle be made by the caster, but all other rituals can totally be made by someone else who's willing to be in the circle during the casting (remember, you cannot make a circle from the outside).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back