Castle Event Favorites

Lurin said:
6.) Waking up in the morning to hear Alexander's rifting in call.
Since the event schedule said "Saturday Morning: Wake-Up Angisus," it sounds like I did it right. ;)

Personally I woke up to Entropy incants. I hopped out of bed, grabbed my throwing axes, and fought them in my pajamas. :)

I was in a similar boat. Tossed on my mask, grabbed a claw and went to town trying to keep people from bleeding out.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the NPC’s and to the Plot Staff for an amazing event! This event ranked up in my top 5 ever! Not because of the castle, which is always awesome, but because of the people, plot, and storyline! It was also a transformative event for Dure’dhel, he started off wanting to see the world burn, not caring at all for any adventurer, however by the end of the event he was “allowing” the lesser races to share a table with him as everyone pledged to work in unity.

Favorites in no particular order:
  • Rituals…rituals…and more rituals!!! Being an artificer, there were many rits cast, so many that I almost lost count!
  • True empowering rituals and watching Chris H’s eyes go wide as I produced literal fireballs from my hands, I hope the wait was worth it 
  • Then having some “stupid lightning” end up lighting someone’s feather headdress on fire, and not breaking my concentration (just one of the perils of sharing a room with D’s ritual platform :D)
  • 5 years of plot being revealed! I had an idea of what was happening before the event and was feeling rather smug about “connecting the dots”, but was totally blown away with how many of my dots were only shadows of the real truth!
  • Gleaning and learning from the historical record during the emotional reveal by the Lore Keeper, it felt as if each new truth, each new reveal was like an anvil of futility and despair crushing whatever hope I could stubbornly muster.
  • Ritual casting with Alexander…dude that was awesome! That is how a true empower should be roleplayed, one of the definite highpoints of my larp career! Xander and I need to do more ritual mayhem together ;)
  • Both me and Dure’dhel were drained after that…sooooo worth it!!! During that ritual, D took all of the despair and burned it away with the power of the dragons! :p
  • Dinner! Great food, and atmosphere! It was one of the most truly immersive experiences I have had at game. It was a great catharsis and bonding moment for all (too bad there weren’t any matrons there to tell people to sit on the floor XD )
  • Bringing in two new sisters to Shadow’s Light!!!
  • Freaking the mundane & related shenanigans, the chicken cylinders were soooo worth it!
  • I’m now the king of the goblins in two chapters! (maybe) XD
  • Fixing and creating problems with ritual magic, thanks York!
  • The Bard!
  • Activate Gabriel! – It was surprisingly effective!
  • The emotional ritual of remembrance, thinking all the while about how Gorka would want her brothers to act towards the town…”She made me actually CARE about you people…etc…etc…”
  • We will stand resolute in service to the elder bronze!!! EPIC!!!
  • Linko…that boy owes me a big favor for allowing him not to be turned into green goo…
  • Collecting bodies and body parts…yeah…I need help…
  • Handing over the artifact to Von Gryphon: VG- “I humbly accept the artifact of my people…” D- “NO! You do not humbly accept this!” Seeing the look of shock in VG’s eyes... D- “You must accept and bear this proudly! For this artifact represents the birthright, freedom and hope of your people!”
  • Gabriel and his 4-leaf clover…epic…
  • Having the town actually united in purpose for the first time in a long time! I hope it continues!!! XD
  • 1 knock if you are lonely…I might need to make a more permanent sign :p
  • Surprising myself by still supporting the C-guild after everything that happened… I wonder how long that is going to last :p

Favorites, in no particular order:

Sneaking around the back of the castle to a *somehow* open door, only to by chased away by goblins and struck down. York (I think it was you) threw a healing spell back at me, which landed perfectly. The goblins didn’t seem to notice me starting to get up and went on by, so I decided that it would be stupid to try to go back thru them and I proceeded to sneak back around and in thru the door. Getting all the way to the locked front door and opening it from the inside. *Woop!* - I can be sneaky after all!

Getting the second key after Gabriel brought a spirit to me to teach.

Going to sit down at a table that had several of my (Jamina’s) friends at it and taking the time to ask Dure’dhel’s permission (because last time I tried to sit at a table with dark elves at it, there was a matron issue) and he says that I may sit at the far end of the table away from everyone. That confused me…sigh…Jamina was just looking for some companionship.

Working in the kitchen. Sorry you somehow ended up doing all of the hand washing, Larp Mom.

The Bard. Enough said.

Getting up the courage to speak at the ritual of remembrance, even if I didn’t say everything I had intended to. I miss Gorka. I will try to do better next time.

Not telling any resurrection stories. Gorka is not around to cajole me, so I don’t have to. :p

Teaching how to gypsy curse, even though I drew a blank on what exactly to say until the last minute. Alexander “I can’t believe you keep those (little nose masks) with you!”

Trying to defend Socora’s honor. By that time of the day, I had forgotten that chocolate would have special effect on her.

That's everything I can think of right now.

I had a blast at this event! It was wonderful to see you all again.

Some of my favorites in no particular order:

- Bringing out my alt Rahra for the first time! Playing a little card was surprisingly fun.
- All of the skill lessons I got! (I totaled 8 for the weekend!)
- The Bard.
- Struggling to stay in character during the ritual of remembrance. (I was thankful for the mask I wore)
- Eating gnoll hearts with K'Tarn friday night. See guys, I am fierce!
- Leviathan McKraken!! (He is doing well, and is far less shy now)
- Rahra getting addicted to 'that funny plant thing', and nearly jumping Gabriel when he mentions it.
- Sneaking by enemies Saturday night to try and save Gabriel only to get pegged by Dan (from above) with a flame blast. K'Tarn coming to the rescue only to fall to the same fate after picking me up! Good times.
- Charging into battle with a few others to pick off some of the 'smaller' enemies.
- "Attention all humans: Butt...that is all."
- Having Grr be 'first aided' by K'Tarn
- Finding enough components to get a Arcane Armor spell-crafted. And the worried look I got from Rhys when I said I can fight the big ones now!

What a blast! Music, chess, high fantasy adventuring, and amazing/beautiful people! Here's some of my favorites from NPCing:

-Meeting all the PC's/NPC's that couldn't make it out last event. Meeting the new players. I especially liked fighting against the new archer. His style was just too hilarious. *shoot* *shoot* "Oh shoot here they come" *run like crazy*

-The chess mod, particularly the amazing and organic roleplay that spawned because of the mod. Once the lich king let me (the orphan) go I got to see the PC world a bit thanks to Haley's elf who took me under her wing. Wow, some of those moments were intense! ("Right to the feels!") So sorry Artemis for the soul shatter :/ I've never actually killed someone through chess before. I have a facebook chess tactics group if anybody is brand new and would like to get better. Just hit me up on fb and I'll add you to the group.

-The servants of the elder bronze mod. Alexander is such a boss. Big props to Ryan and Adam for their great RP solutions during that module too. Very convincing and logical, exactly the way I feel you would have to be in order to convince an aujin!

-Playing my PC bard for an hour or so. Anthony convincing/forcing me to bust out my bard during dinner. I brought my guitar because I am basically a junkie and last event I was itching so bad during downtime to play. While I had my PC character all written up (MWE Phoenix) I did not plan to play him at all until next season. Thanks for letting me borrow the MWE make-up and for lighting a fire under my butt to showcase him early! I'm so glad I did.

Playing the remembrance ceremony as Phoenix! When Archimedes came up and asked Phoenix to play I was overly confident IC but a little nervous OOC. I had no idea how many people would be speaking or how long each of them would speak for. Archimedes basically said, "Just use common sense and wing it." It turned out to be a very fun challenge selecting unique themes for each speaker. It was like improvisational movie scoring :p I'd love to give it another try with 10-15 more themes (actually prepared) this time now that I know what to expect.

-Waking up Sunday morning with my bed mysteriously full of spell packets.

-Watching Matt run off into the castle screaming bloody murder after being hit with a Spell strike fear from one of the phase pairs.

-Seeing my 16-year old sister Alyssa really find her groove this event. Last time she was a little bit shy and kind of hovered around with me (which was great, she's awesome). But for the castle event there were hours when I thought, "I wonder where she's at? I bet she's having a great time!"

-All of the amazing PC costumes! Especially the deerkin. Incredible costuming and extraordinarily well played the few times I spoke with him.

-My dual against Briar (when I was a bug-creature).

-Playing as the waxy construct. At one point Briar realized my weakness: he'd make a circle with his arms and I would simply "stop seeing him" and target somebody else. I was sure I was beaten for the rest of the fight...until nobody else seemed to catch on! At one point I was surrounded by Socora's rag-tag group of fighters. I got one hit off before they created a circle around me. I decided, "yeah...a circle is a circle" and stood at attention for about 5 seconds while being blasted down to dust.

My personal favorites, in no particular order

wearing the antlers again, i almost feel nekkid without them
the chess mod. and people thought wizards chest was brutal......
the bard. very well done sir, i hope to see him again soon
the rememberance ceremony. very awesome RP by all, it made a stagkyn sad
the friday night mod....okay, not neccesarily a favorite of mine PERSONALLY(i went boom), but it was still a good time
saturday night mod.....adam was SCARY, well done :D and sorry about the packet to the eye alexander
teaching the new archer skills. that was a first for me, and look forward to doing it again
a sarr on peppermint......yeah, that was a lesson learned, thankfully not the hardest way :p
the reading done by dave, VERY intense RP moment. that was AWESOME
the stable foundation ritual......WOW, that was probably the best RP'ed rit i have ever seen. KUDOS!
the eats were awesome, thanks mama bird :D
and of course, all the NPC's/plot team rocked. Thanks for all the hard work guys

Looking forward to the next event

Back