Catalyst Auction: Bottle of Time

Draven

Count
Greetings, friends!

The following auction is for a Bottle of Time, the catalyst for the Regeneration ritual.

It is my belief that an item auction should be available to those who were involved in its attainment. I've done some thinking on this, as it's my desire to be consistent with my stances on such things of a delicate nature.

To that end, this auction is an open auction to all those involved in the fight against the Legion on the Saturday evening. I expect this is most, if not all, of the town that was present. However, this auction is -not- open to those who were not there.

To bid, please send me a message with your bid amount. Bids placed here on the dreamscape will not count, as I would like to provide the bidders with the option to be anonymous. Bids will assumed to be anonymous unless the bidder states otherwise. Please assume that your name will still be shared with my ally, Taliya. Bids who come from an individual that was not present during the battle will be declined.

The spirit of this auction is that this ritual catalyst stays amongst the people who worked to get it. Such auctions are not done like this, usually, as there is a concern that it won't always go to people who are often amongst the community. Sometimes items are acquired through the efforts of small groups who accomplish a specific goal, and what they do with the items they locate is their business.

This particular item was acquired from the troll Musta, who...essentially tore into all of us, like we were so much wet parchment. So we defeated him as a town, and we will split the proceeds of the auction (minus 4 gold, the payment for the mystic wood elf who took a list of names for me) as a town.

Consider this a symbol of our unity. We truly need more of those.

Additionally, I am still gathering the names of all those who were present, and I will be listing those soon, on this dream.

This auction concludes the Friday before the next gathering, by midday (Noon, May 29), or 24 hours after the last bid (whichever comes later). I will announce the results afterwards.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The auction begins at 50 gold from me!

Last edited:
While the idea of a public auction is foreign to me as I am used to being part of a purely military command where resources are given out to people as needed to accomplish their given mission, I am please to see that this catalyst is being handled this way. I appreciate you taking the lead on this, Zeth.

Clarified the end date of the auction, and that the 50 gold was my bid.

The current bid is 60 gold!

Where will the gold from the auction go towards?

Sprig

It was a lot of words, so I can see how that part might have been missed.

4 gold will go to Addilyn, who took names for me.

The remaining will be split amongst the participants of the fight, equally.

Thank you, I am sorry I missed that. I read the 4 gold part but some how missed the other part.

Modified the end time, as I realized that, by hosting the auction, I was giving people a large advantage for waiting until the last second....myself, primarily.

So if there's active bidding going on at the end, it'll be extended until 24 hours after the last bid is recorded, to give everyone fair opportunity to respond.

Individuals receiving a portion of the proceeds are as follows (this list may not be complete, please let me know if someone is missing, or their name is misspelled):

Addilyn
Slade
Jeramiah
Lynwen
Ozark
Apsilin
Broderick
Grimlock
Reynardine
Ripper
Thousand Bones
Dry Rot
Maldir
Roach
Grul
Eli
Loganzi
Dab
Shin
Nova
Garrick
Sprig
Allara
Luke
Odie
Ulric
Durnic
Killian
Karzel
Vellis
March
Larix
Leanore
Loane
Vanyel
Taliya
Mortikai
Talo
Kidda
Polare
Jemenfiche
Tantarus
Kasuni
Eldor
Roann
Rothgar
Swift
Teth
Fox
Ria
Diego
Gidjit
Darellin
Kaahn

Last edited:
I apologize, Lord Polare...evil dream spirits invaded and twisted your identity as a means of a cruel joke.

It was in no way a reflection of a haunted memory of your swaying hips.

--Zeth

It is K-I-L-L-I-A-N for Killian.

Sprig is spelled with only 1 "g". Thank you.

Please add Darellin and Kaahn.

One week remaining!

The auction was closed for awhile, but I failed to communicate that. However, the bidding did not change, so the item was sold for 150 gold!

I will begin distributing coin at Elara. People have until then to inform me that they are not on this list, but are supposed to be.

Current list: 56 people. Addilyn receives four gold for her assistance in gathering names. That leaves 146 gold to be distributed, or 2 gold, 6 silver per person.

Barring considerable disagreement, I will use the remaining 4 silver to purchase some basic potions, that I will provide to newer adventurers in our community. This seems like the simplest way to distribute such a small amount of coin.

-Z

Zeth,

Please provide to me the shares of this for:

Polare
Jemenfiche
Eldor
Tantarus
Kasuni

Thank you,

Kasuni

Back