Channel Spell/ Enchant Rituals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Chill

Fighter
Is it possible to cast an elemental or magic augmented spell into an item as part of the Channel Spell or Enchant rituals thus creating an item with an "elemental ice bolt" or "magic prison"?

According to the wording on both scrolls:
Channel - "The spell must be cast onto the item at the time of ritual casting. It may be cast from memory, from a scroll or from an activatable magic item."

Enchant - "The spell must be expended into the Ritual (and will not cause backlash) from any valid mechanism to activate the spell by the ritual caster; for example (but not limited to) Spellstruck into the target, cast from memory, activated from another item, used via High Magic abilities, used via a natural monster ability, etc."

In reading the language from Channel, it is unclear if it is allowed. However, Enchant does make mention of High Magic, therefore it does seem that it is allowed. If I was a marshal I would allow it, but alas I am not so I am bringing it up to the community. Thanks!!!

-Ryan

JP is correct. It doesn't matter how the spell is put into the item (innate monster ability, activate-able item, battlemagic scroll, HM augmented or regularly memorized), it can only be activated from the rituals you quoted as specified on the scrolls.

Upvote 0
So to clarify my understanding, if an augmented spell is used to store a spell into an item for either of these rituals, when the item is used a "regular" version of the spell comes out of the item.

For example if an "elemental dragon's breath" was used in the crafting of an enchant ritual the correct verbal would be:
"Activate Dragon's Breath"
NOT
"Activate Elemental Dragon's Breath"

Do I have an accurate understanding of the rules?

Upvote 0
To be more specific... no matter what delivery you use to put it in the magic delivery is what comes out.

Upvote 0
The standard incant is what comes out for Enchant/Expanded Enchant. Doesn't matter if "Magic Prison" "Activate Prison" "Spellstrike Prison" "Elemental Prison" "Arcane Prison" "With Eldritch Force I Build A Prison" or any other variation is used to expend the spell into the ritual, either "Activate Prison" or "Activate With Eldritch Force I Build A Prison" is used to activate the charge on the item.

With Channel Spell, the only verbal for use is "Spellstrike Prison."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back