[.11] Channeling / Enhanced Wand / Oak of the Archmage

Christopher

Okay I am a bit confused here so please stick with me.

If you were to cast Enhanced Wand on a staff do you still require Oak of the Archmage to use the staff as a channeling device or does the ritual do that on its own?

Is it possible to have Enhanced wand cast on a staff for both schools?

Assuming you do need Oak of the Archmage to use a staff that has the Enhanced Wand ritual cast on it does it matter what school you take your high magic with??
for example, if I were to use earth formal to take Oak of the Archmage choosing the healing element and use a staff that has Enhanced Wand Fire on it, would I be able to cast my earth and celestial channeling pools through the staff??

Last edited:
Enhanced Wand does not provide you the ability to use a Staff as a wand, no. You’d still need OOTA for that.

I don’t see why you couldn’t use OOTA from Celestial to channel Healing through your Staff; since Channeling is build-bought, you shouldn’t need Celestial HM to buy SLIF Staff-Channeling, or the reverse. That seems unnecessarily restrictive.

Any thoughts on having both schools cast with enhanced wand on a staff??

Example: a staff with Enhanced Wand Chaos and Enhanced Wand Fire
Is this possible? or is it impossible to have Earth and Celestial rituals on the same item?

I am assuming you can but I am going off the text from oak of the archmage and assuming the ritual is the same way
"When Oak of the Archmage is chosen, the caster must choose a single appropriate element for their Channeling pool(s). Multiple Oak of the Archmage High Magic effects may be used for multiple elements, including to empower it with both Earth and Celestial Channeling pools."

Last edited:
You can totally have both E and C rituals on an item. Note that a Celestial Preserve Duration would not affect Earth rituals, or vice versa. So you’d need two different sets of casting, but you can totally have both. :)

Okay cool. Thanks

Back