Chapter policy question

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Hi,

It doesn't have it listed under policies, but what is the new SoMN email contact. Is logistics now just one email, same as the PEL email?

Chapter staff list, plot staff list.

Do the new policies take place at the Oct event, or next year?

Thanks,
Ryan

Correct, While the October event is being managed by the current ownership (as far as paying the bills etc.), the Majority of Plot past the Friday night banquet is being put on by the new plot team to help set the stage for next year!

Do the new policies going into effect in October mean that everyone will be required to purchase new memberships at the October event? If there is a player who's second event is this October, will they be required to pay the 15 dollar membership fee only to then have it expire on the 1st of the year and have to purchase a new one the next game?

Do the new policies going into effect in October mean that everyone will be required to purchase new memberships at the October event? If there is a player who's second event is this October, will they be required to pay the 15 dollar membership fee only to then have it expire on the 1st of the year and have to purchase a new one the next game?

No as noted Memberships expire on the 1st of the year, this is the same as the existing system has been for the past few years. In addition the $5 one game option is still very clearly listed and available. This is exactly the same as the previous policy.

All current yearly memberships for 2017 will be honored. The $15 price is for a yearly membership. It is only $5 for a single game membership- which is what anyone without a current yearly would want to get.

We give a free one game membership to players for their first event.

This is exactly the same as the previous policy.
We give a free one game membership to players for their first event.

The previous policy granted new players a 3-month membership, which is different than the current policy (which conflicts with the "exactly the same as the previous policy" statement). Can we please get sources of information consistent about whether things are the same or different?

The yearly membership expiration portion is remaining the same.

Any current policy changes go into effect beginning this month and are listed here.

The previous policy granted new players a 3-month membership, which is different than the current policy (which conflicts with the "exactly the same as the previous policy" statement). Can we please get sources of information consistent about whether things are the same or different?

Forgive my perceived in-exactness, I was referencing only the portions Airshil was referencing and did not mean to cause confusion. Any players whose first game was within 3 months of October already has a 3-month membership applied and anyone coming to October would not be affected by the difference given the winter break.

question, if you have an IBGA to post should that be done before the event or from what i have read be done at registration for that event? example creating a magic item..?

David Raatz

Hey David,

Magic Items are created through the ritual system and those rituals can be cast at game. If you are blacksmithing something that should go in your Pre-Reg for the game.

Thanks,
Chris

Is the contact email the correct one for logistics queries as well? I've got a temp tag for an item cast last event that needs a permanent tag printed.

-Kiefer

I'm pretty sure Dave R has access to the brethren sphere which is used with his blacksmith skill in IBGAs to make new swords with random magical effects. I know theres been a few floating around, including my old evocation-scroll-absorbing-spell-strike -sword. These were always made through IBGA but those arent a thing anymore I guess.

-Sid

It looks like just putting through prereg suffices.

So if Dave/Ig was going to make a metheran short mace using a stable foundatiion cat and a slip stone he would do it there.

So question with there being no IBGAs now how do we investigate things like The increasing presence of Undead fron the IG post?

Thank you for asking. You would want to investigate that at game. We're now putting the emphasis on the live-action part of our game.

Ok that makes sense. Shoot im excited to investigate the undead but wont be able to make it to this event.

Back