Character Histories

Friendly Reminder:

If you do not send me an updated character history, you will not get personal character history plot (unless we steal it from your home chapter).

This is true for everyone. Even staff members.

You must send the history as an attachment to deadlandscharplot@gmail.com.

-Dan "If you do not send me an updated character history, you will not get personal character history related plot." Beshers

Also, anyone attending in a group is strongly encouraged to send a group history and short synopsis of each character in the group (ie: interests, skills, goals, quirks, etc.) If, for example, you have a group that specializes in werewolf hunting I would be happy to write a group plot line around that, and this is certainly not limited to previous NH players. The more effort and positive attitudes I see coming from a group the more I will write for you, or I’ll have someone on my staff write for you. That has always been my driving method/philosophy, and it will continue to be for as long as I run this chapter.

Thanks,

Gary//Jaimi

I've gotten a couple of questions about format for character histories so this is my prefered format:

Vital Statistics: Character name, race, class, level, player name.
Keywords: 3-6 words or two words phrases that highlight important aspects of your character. These could be things like: Enemy: Fever Grey, Shy, Drunk, Protective: Children, Hiding, Pacifist, Fear: Spiders, Sailor, Hates: Slavery, Ally: Fever Grey, etc.

Main Body: This can be presented as a story, a series of journal entries or letters, a bulleted list, an IM conversation, anything that makes it easy for you to communicate about who your character is and what they've done with thier life so far. Some things that should be included are Family, Friends (if any), Enemies (if any), and Personality (if any. Lawl @ KC.). Some things that should not be included are How you slayed teh dragon, How you're really 50th level but you're pretending to be level 2, How you're actually half fey, etc. To clarify: it's perfectly okay to say that your family was killed by Lord Voldemort and you have a startling scar. It's not okay to say that everyone says you're the chosen one and that there's a prophecy linking you and Voldemort.

-Dan "Lawl @ KC" Beshers

Dear Dan "Lawl @ KC" Beshers-

Have I mentioned recently that I love you?

-Kels

Dan,

Would you like me to resend my history with it set up the way you said above? or is it all set for now and I should just be grateful and mindful in the future?

Thanks,

~Emily

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
Scott,

You are correct, I should note that in this case I am referring to Character History Personal Plot. Anyone playing with sufficient gusto will very likely receive Personal Plot (whether they want it or not).

Plot rifted in once and made me kill life elementals.

~Joe

Hi. Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone that I really only can update people on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays due to my work schedule and toddler son. If it takes me more than a week to get back to you please send me a follow-up e-mail to make sure I'm paying attention to you. I'm not maliciously ignoring anyone, I'm really not; some e-mails just get lost in the shuffle. I just discovered a few like that, so do make sure I'm doing my job for you. Thank you all for your patience thus far and your feedback.
-Dan "Look at Me, I'm So Damn Professional" Beshers

Character history? Okay! I got it covered!

Keywords: Can I have Void please? Also, "awesome."

My mom and dad were both spacefaring gypsies who owned some kinda robot boat. It could talk and stuff. I now have this. I inherited the throne of Syraandor and am now brooding over the loss of my kingdom, but I know the secret to defeating Skylar and Zahn (Spoiler: it is waving a bit of tuna beneath their nasal apertures) and will soon be retaking it. Also, I destroyed those mountains that you don't remember- why? BECAUSE I USED AMNESIA POISON ON THE ENTIRE WORLD.

Thank you for your consideration.

XOXO,
Corey

And I quite forgot:

Vital Statistics: Character name (The Pex), race (100-meter dash), class (clearly bereft of) , level (the last one; the end guy is hard)

::was unfortunately eating popcorn when she read corey's posts on his char history:: that....was not good.... :lol:

::poke::

Stop it.

Stop it.

Stop it or I'll be forced to obliterate your spirit.

.... ::poke::

That's it, you have forced my hand. With mystic force I lightning bolt ::packet:: there that showed you.

Hey, I'm the only one who Obliterates people in this chapter....so shove off!

You also don't have the mage-sight.

Don't make me summon the vampire dragon werewolves from the woods so I can defeat them and take their gold.

Because I'm pretty sure I'll get stabbed to death and robbed by a turtle scavvy again.

Vital Statistics: Character name (The Pex), race (100-meter dash), class (clearly bereft of) , level (the last one; the end guy is hard)

Somehow I failed to read and therefore thoroughly enjoy this retardedness last spring. Better late than never.

I need more Corey-randomness in my life. Then again, I also need something resembling free time.

Ah well.

*stumbles off into her overly busy itinerary again*

~Kels

I plan on trying to PC a bunch of NH events this year. I would like to submit character history/plot but i am worried about it getting all jumbled with my CT plot posts. If I make a plot submission to CT should I wait for a response and then forward both to you guys? I just don't want to submit plot entries to to chapters and get conflicting responses.

Jeremy,

I would suggest keeping your write ups that pertain to each chapter separately. If you feel there would be conflicting responses, maybe add a note to each write up that you will be submitting to the other chapter as well. That will give each chapter a chance to either collaborate or at least leave room for the other.

Just my suggestion, I am not on any plot teams.

~Jaimi

Vitally Important update:

All character histories and plot responses should now go to Deadlandscharplot at gmail dot com, as that will expedite the process of getting them to the plot member who is best able to respond to them.

-Dan

This new plot email has been unpdated under the "Contacts" Announcement String.

~Jaimi

Back