Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kart

Can you tell someone that is charmed to "tell me the truth, did you kill Kart?" and expect to get the truth out of them? Even if it's not fatal, "did you steal from me?" or to get really basic, "did you kick that rock?" Basicly where do you draw the line? (if there is a line that is)

When I read the charm spell I had the image in my mind of having a slave for 10 min...go and get us some drinks, pay with your own money, laugh at my jokes, dance ect....and not a sure fire way to find out if someone is an spy.

This post is to inform you that your question is currently being discussed by the ARC and once some clarification has been made, will be posted here (removing this post). Depending on the level of clarification and discussion (and potential involvement of the Owners or other national staff, if needed) this may take time.

The rulebook states that you should follow suggestions given by the caster, with exceptions as noted under the Charm description (for instance, you will not break racial taboos under Charm). You will treat the person as a friend, but there are numerous reasons why you might not tell them the absolute truth. People will lie to you while charmed, depending on their nature and the player playing that character.

Thus, "did you kick that rock?" might result in a different response than "did you steal from me?", even if both are factually true. Just like any friend might reply.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC Member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back