Check out the new Alliance LARP webpage

Very nice, I am a bit confused why the novels are listed as Rule Books, maybe denote the separation between the rule book and fiction novels a bit more clearly?

Very nice, I am a bit confused why the novels are listed as Rule Books, maybe denote the separation between the rule book and fiction novels a bit more clearly?

Maybe the link to that page should just say "books" since there is another link at the bottom of each page for downloading the Rule Book?

That would work, but I still worry about people thinking tales from Fortannis are require source books, still the descriptions are clear enough that I think removing the word "rule" from the book section would do it.

That would work, but I still worry about people thinking tales from Fortannis are require source books, still the descriptions are clear enough that I think removing the word "rule" from the book section would do it.
Good point. Maybe a short paragraph before the fiction stuff saying "These books are not required reading; they are fictional stories taking place in the world of Fortannis and are merely for your enjoyment" or something like that.

Hi Alliance,
For those of you who had donated pictures, we have not forgotten you! Please send a reminder to alisonbuntemeyergm@gmail.com with the external link to your photography portfolio site (if you wish to include one!) and the name in which you would like to be thanked by.

Thanks!
-Ali

I don't know what a good solution is, but I find the current calendar design less useful than the old calendar design. Maybe it would help if there were quick links to particular months, or maybe even particular chapters (if that is possible).

-MS

Wow, the site looks really good- very up to date! I really really like the races and classes being front and center. As a suggestion, I feel like just one more section to compliment them (done in similar style) would round out the quik-look at what alliance offers: a 'World' page, that sets the stage for the Races and the Classes sections. Something to the tune of "ok this is our world setting, this is fortannis, this is how the realms/chapters are divided on that planet" and that would wrap up the set of overview content nicely and sortof show how the game world, and ooc, the larp organization is structured (individual patches, but one world over all) . If you wanted to go one step further, in that same section, an IG-flavored name and blurb about each chapter's IG realm (just very short gist of each 'known realm') could be a nice touch then when new players go looking for a chapter, they kinda get a teaser specific to what is near them.

Last edited:
Hey BB,
As a suggestion, I feel like just one more section to compliment them (done in similar style) would round out the quik-look at what alliance offers: a 'World' page, that sets the stage for the Races and the Classes sections. Something to the tune of "ok this is our world setting, this is fortannis, this is how the realms/chapters are divided on that planet" and that would wrap up the set of overview content nicely and sortof show how the game world, and ooc, the larp organization is structured (individual patches, but one world over all) .

We will definitely take that into account. Thank you for the feedback :)
-Ali

I don't see Alliance Seattle's event in October listed. I'll shoot you the event list for the chapter Ali so it can be forwarded to the proper personnel.

Never mind. Found it.

Last edited:
It is definitely a lot more user friendly than the previous website. Good progress.

I see the calendar only goes back a few weeks at the moment. I am assuming that is because it hasn't been populated for the past events.

As time progresses, how far back will the calendar retain events? If that hasn't been decided, might I suggest 3 months to be in-line with our Logistics policy for back blanketing?

Edit to add: Also, how can chapters add events to the calendar? And is it possible for the details of the event to contain it's location? Maybe also the Logistics e-mail for the host chapter?

The calendar should remain filled indefinitely, so you should be able to look back to basically when the web page started.

Basically, just have the chapters email me with their schedule as usual; this new web page is much easier to update than the old one so it won't be a bother.

Adding the details to the event is something we are looking into, because it certainly is possible, just requires a bit of extra work. At least we want to be able to have it linked to the chapter site so people can go there.

I see the calendar only goes back a few weeks at the moment. I am assuming that is because it hasn't been populated for the past events.

As time progresses, how far back will the calendar retain events? If that hasn't been decided, might I suggest 3 months to be in-line with our Logistics policy for back blanketing?

Edit to add: Also, how can chapters add events to the calendar? And is it possible for the details of the event to contain it's location? Maybe also the Logistics e-mail for the host chapter?

Thanks for the suggestions! We are working on the best way to aggregate the event data so that it's clear and user friendly. The calendar is definitely a work in progress.

Back