Chicago Jan '24 Feast *POSTPONED*

Alliance Chicago

Owner
Chicago Staff
Dear Chicago Players and Staff,

For the past week, we have closely monitored this weekend’s weather. Forecasts show Friday with several inches of snow, dangerous winds and wind chill, and absolute temperatures below zero. Saturday and Sunday forecasts continue the trend with more snow, wind chill, and even colder temperatures. These forecasts give us grave concerns for the safety of our players and staff especially when coupled with the state of the site’s parking lot, maintenance of ice and snow in the campgrounds during the off-season, and proper heat and weather protections. This concern is deepened further when considering the many people who will travel hours on the road through dangerous wind, ice, and snow. Given these concerns, we have made the difficult decision to cancel and reschedule the Feast Event for a later date.

The team did not come to this decision easily, but we determined the risk to player and staff safety was too great. We apologize for any inconvenience this decision will cause and trust you to understand it was made with the best of intentions.

We hope for the rescheduled event to be in February, but we will announce all the details by next week.

Those who are registered and prepaid have two main options:
  • Move your registration to the new Feast Event. Any player choosing to do so will receive an additional party favor as a thank you when you check-in.
  • Request a full cash refund for your payment. Schedules can be tight and we understand if the change in dates makes it impossible for you to attend. If you prefer, you may instead receive your registration cost as Chicago Chapter Goblin Stamps at a rate of 8 stamps per $1.
Once a new date is decided, we will be sending out a Google questionnaire to anyone who has pre-registered, via your registration email, to confirm your selection.

The current round of In-Between Game Actions (IBGA) responses will still be sent out this Friday (01/12). The next IBGA cycle will begin after the new Feast Event.

We know all the players and staff have invested a lot of hard work and energy into this event, but we want to ensure everyone can safely experience it to the fullest. We apologize again for the disappointment and inconvenience of this cancellation, but we look forward to seeing you all at the rescheduled Feast.

If you have any questions or issues, please reach out to our CustomerService@ChicagoAllianceLARP.com or RathfallLARP@gmail.com.

Be safe this weekend and expect to hear more soon.

Sincerely,
-Chicago Owners Team
Alex, Derek, Ethan, Ian, and Jared

Thank you for keeping us informed and thinking of our safety.

I look forward to the rescheduled event.

Amanda
AGM Alliance Chicago

You guys are sending out e-mails right? It's only through sheer luck I didn't leave this morning because I usually do the trip over 2 days. I only just saw this because someone DM'ed me on fb. I have a feeling if this is the only way this get's announced that theres going to be multiple people showing up there tomorrow.

Logistics just sent out emails to everyone who registered, but feel free to spread the word. You're right, it would be double-rough if someone came tomorrow to a barren and lonely snowscape.

the ibga hasn't poped yet

Back