Children hurt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom

Scout
But we all know we had a great time. Favorites.... go!

"Morgan, are you scared?"
"No, because that's not a monster. That's Tab pretending to be a dinosaur"

Unlimited slay mini ogre

Dirt magic is strong

Teaching the kids that even the bad guys have healers and slays.

:lol: :lol:

my kids got up this morning and were like...."what do you mean its over...there nothing to do today?" :( :(

"Oh no, I laying dead over here..yeah I know Im cheating..but Im dead over here"

"you can eat him (as Fox points at me as I walk out of the Tavern, to a Goblin), he's like a 3 course meal" ....

great event...kids want to another event like NOW..I dont want to wait a YEAR...srly only 1 event a year....

:lol: :funny: :lol: :thumbsup:

Matt K.

MKing said:
:lol: :lol:

my kids got up this morning and were like...."what do you mean its over...there nothing to do today?" :( :(

"Oh no, I laying dead over here..yeah I know Im cheating..but Im dead over here"

"you can eat him (as Fox points at me as I walk out of the Tavern, to a Goblin), he's like a 3 course meal" ....

great event...kids want to another event like NOW..I dont want to wait a YEAR...srly only 1 event a year....

:lol: :funny: :lol: :thumbsup:

Matt K.
There is one in HQ on 7/30 :)

Dom said:
Unlimited slay mini ogre.

My son brought a tear to my eye.

The best was when he triple tapped slays into Tab in their honor combat.

He'll figure it out eventually. lol

RiddickDale said:
Dom said:

We all decided backstage that since he was an ogre, the act of delivering a slay was in fact his meditation... so it was legal

RiddickDale said:
Dom said:

I was cool with it and we chocked it up for a different kind of meditation. BATTLE MEDITATION!!!!!

The little ogre with the Phallanx dagger and the little dark elf with the hunt hood. They were looting each others kills. O.m.g. so funny.

The little fox-kin got his tale cut off and a goblin was running around the field of battle with it.

The barbar that made me fight like i was fighting adults and still getting my butt kicked.

Siren at the final kids battle/first adults battle saying "That's not a monster! That's Tab pretending to be a Dragon!" I heard that and it stopped me in my tracks. then i got hit with a rock.

The kids at the final battle throwing stones that insta-killed us constructs but were cure lights for the adults.

The epicness of the demise of the darkman and the return of Scott.

The kid in the wizard's gear being a healer yet fighting on the front line with no fear of dying.

Fighting Noah as a construct: "Don't worry dad I'll protect you" (Scott was oog at the time)

Egads... I missed posting our favorites!

Siren's faves:
- Jim-Jim. She talked about him pretty much nonstop in the weeks since the event. When we go for walks, she looks for Al on all the local trees.

- Protecting Ollie. Who's shocked? She likes Ziggy, and wanted to keep him safe.

- Chasing butterflies, rolling Glub-Glub, and covering her node in glitter.

- SHINIES. At one point she said, "Gebous will be so proud! I got a PINK coin mama! Pink coins are better. The Hunt doesn't have pink coins."

- The Dissonance fight. She loved getting to throw rocks at bad guys, and help the adventurers.

- Chewy the puppy! "She's my best friend!"

- The roar-off with Craig's goblin. She was so proud of herself for that!

My faves:
- Putting makeup on her, with each daub of black paint, I'm thinking, "Is she still into being a Sarr? Does she realize I'm going to put black in her nose and ears? She's going to hate this. What have I done???" and she says, "OOoooooooh, mama... put more makeup up my nose! I want SARR BOGEYS."

- The politest little Sarr kitten ever. "Excuse me, goblin, may I please have your shinies? Thank you!"

- "That's not a monster! That's Tab pretending to be a dinosaur!!! I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU!" ::chucks rock::
After having been scared of the goblin masks, I was ready to scoop her up and hold her tightly when Darkman took the field. Seeing her analyze the situation, figure out who played Darkman, and then have NO FEAR was amazing. The three year old, tiniest little thing on the field, didn't balk in the face of evil. Seeing how much heart she had brought a tear to my eye.

- Her version of Zehnyu's battle scream. It was small, high pitched, and squeaky, but absolutely stinking adorable. She did Auntie Ali proud.

- Hearing her tell EVERYONE (from fellow LARPers, to strangers at the grocery store, to the mailman) about the game. She can't wait to go back. During a tumultuous time in her life, your staff and crew gave her a weekend of fun, where she had power to affect her world, and where she could conquer her fears and emerge victorious. That is a gift neither she nor I will soon forget.

- Last, but far from least: seeing her get engrossed in Alliance, love the game and the RP, and to see her interact with the crew, my friends. Any words I try to put to this feeling will fall short, but seeing my daughter's eyes light up after interacting with my closest friends? It melts my heart to goo. To see the second generation of LARP, together, enjoying the game with their parents? Absolute bliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back