CHOOSING A MONARCH

Toddo

Knight
NEPA Staff
Marshal
Greetings Alliance HQ players!

As you are no doubt aware, the kingdom of Icenia has been without a monarch for the past couple of years. Last year the Mons Regalis chose five potential candidates for the throne and has been "reading the hearts of the people" ever since. The time of the decision is nigh and the PLAYERS, not the plot team, will decide who shall sit on the throne.

Voting is open to any player who PC'd an HQ event since out April 2010 event and will be done in "forced ranking" style. What this means is that you will need to rank the nobles in order of preference from first to fifth choice. Your choices will give the nobles points as follows:

1st Choice: 5 Points
2nd Choice: 3 Points
3rd Choice: 2 Points
4th Choice: 1 Point
5th Choice: 0 Points

It is up to each individual player to decide how to make this choice. You may place the names in the order your PC would select, or make the decision as a player based on who you would have the most fun interacting with (or hating as your PC). Regardless of how you decide to make the decision THIS PROCESS IS 100% OUT OF GAME AND INTENDED TO REPRESENT THE MONS REGALIS SEARCHING THE HEARTS OF THE CITIZENS OF ICENIA. PCs should not make reference to this as this is NOT what is happening IG.

Each player may only submit one list.

Submissions must be sent to chooseyourmonarch@gmail.com by 12:00pm on Thursday, June 2nd 2011 and must include your list, HQ player Number and name.

Players are encouraged to go onto our IG boards and discuss the potential candidates, hopefully some fun discussions will be had. I'm going to get the ball rolling by posting a copy of relevant Newsletter articles to the board. The Ashbury Times is reprinting these and distributing them all over Icenia. Remember, who sits on the throne will determine how the Kingdom responds to certain threats and how Icenia prioritizes its military actions. The plot team is giving the PCs the power to define the kingdom at its highest level.

IMPORTANT: MANY OF OUR PLAYERS DO NOT VISIT THESE MESSAGE BOARDS, PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO THEM. I want the decision to reflect the opinions of as many of our players as possible as a thank you for choosing to play at the HQ chapter.

-toddo

Oh, I should probably Put up the choices!

(In Alphabetical Order)

-Duke Broomis Bouchard

-Duke Frost Vardik

-Duchess Jacelyn Correllia

-Sir Nevin Kendrick

-Dame Sonia Forthiatis

Toddo said:
The time of the decision is nigh and the PLAYERS, not the plot team, will decide who shall sit on the throne.
Just to clarify - this is an OOG decision, right? Or are the people of Icenia really voting in their monarch?

It's completely OOG, the magic rock is choosing the ruler based on the hearts of all Icenia's citizens. This "voting" is the OOG mechanic that represents that.

Sweet! I like magic rocks! :king:

Robb Graves said:
I would like to vote for the bad guy from the last event. do you accept write-ins :thumbsup:

Me too. Faust would make an awesome King of Icenia.

Duke Frost said:
Robb Graves said:
I would like to vote for the bad guy from the last event. do you accept write-ins :thumbsup:

Me too. Faust would make an awesome King of Icenia.

+1 for Faust!

Robb Graves said:
Ryban's coming back to challenge Faust to a sing-off. :mad:
I vote for a purple-off! :yes:

Robb Graves said:

Wow, we let you play the MBG once and you get delusions of grandeur.

Duke Frost said:
Robb Graves said:

Wow, we let you play the MBG once and you get delusions of grandeur.

In that case, I vote for expansion of the Galanthian empire!

i told you guys not to :p

i just want to be a crappy wizard who opens tombs he shouldn't and an elf who waylays everything in site.

Toddo said:
Oh, I should probably Put up the choices!

(In Alphabetical Order)

-Duke Broomis Bouchard

-Duke Frost Vardik

-Duchess Jacelyn Correllia

-Sir Nevin Kendrick

-Dame Sonia Forthiatis

You know, usually when people's names are listed alphabetically, they are alphabetized by LAST name. I smell conspiracy here. Butterfly Ballot! Hanging Chads! Dukes and Duchesses are trying to steal this election!

-MS

I hate to ask this, but is the "monarch selection event" (aka "Decision 611") the June 3-5 event?

If so, I am sad as I will be in Spain and won't be able to attend the event.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

IvanDrake said:
I hate to ask this, but is the "monarch selection event" (aka "Decision 611") the June 3-5 event?

If so, I am sad as I will be in Spain and won't be able to attend the event.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

I will be missing it as well due to work. I has a sad. :(

Jeremy/Robb can either of you guys make one of those HOPE posters with a picture of Duke Frost?

That would make my day.

Stephen

:robot: (Yes. I found a Transformer Smiley... deal.)

Back