Closer Favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junyper

Ok... you know you have them so post them and show Tab and Christina that their chapter rocks...

1. Loken using his mental abilities on my gypsy and replaying a good memory over and over again.
2. Getting to actually be useful as a little caster... ran from tower to consorsum and bought two shatter scrolls so group could get to second level of tower and being the only one able to read magic... I actually felt important!!!
3. The fight with the husks and tall dark and handsome while the ritual to bring the fire of the sun to cleanse the land of husks was being done by a dark elf (irony)
4. Coal and Zoya sharing Romani wine with the people in the tavern... it was fun
5. Christina's effect during the Sunday battle... the town would have died without it...
6. Zoya making every human NPC that came out dance with her
7. Playing cats cradle with a bunch of people and them getting excited when I started it off.
8. Knowing I am done with the Tent from Hell till next season.

There are probably more but I can't think straight at the moment. It was an awesome and Epic event. Thank you Tab, Christina, cross roads staff and NPCs.

Wow, to start off I want to thank everyone, and I mean EVERYONE for the amazing season we've had. I am so proud to be a part of this chapter, our npcs are awesome: they just keep going no matter the hour or the weather or how many times they have to walk up the hill, they put so much life and character into our game and they make our little world come to life. Thank you NPCs! Our PCs are awesome: They have thought up creative, rounded characters that are fun to interact with, they live by rule three, they are patient with the occational game hiccup, and good sports even when we try to roll the whole town. Thank you PCs! And finally, our staff is amazing: they spend long hours coming up with epic plot, moduals, props and food, they put in all sorts of hard work behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly and they are all awesome individuals. Thank you Staff! Being a part of this chapter and getting to work and play with you all is my favorite moment of this and all our events.

Now, my other favorites:

-"breaking" into the yurt friday night with Vinny.

-Three blonds one cloak...The Guildmistress, the Steward and an elf woman found themselves cold friday night and the male gypsies of the town provided them with warmth.

-The gypsies in general, gotta love our 'honest, dishonest" roms and their way of thinking outside the box.

-healers guild stuffs: our makeshift meeting with half of town, the various mods to cure the creeping, teaching...I love that I got more people to get kafs.

-Tab on stilts. I still say you're crazy for doing it, but you are definitely right about the effect it gives to have a 7 foot tall big bad.

-Saturday nights wavebattle...just wow. I didn't know what was going to happen going in, so when 'tall dark and deadly' showed up and summoned his minions and the ENTIRE perimiter of the field lit up with eyes, even I was taken aback. The whole battle was epic, the husks screaming and circling us while the dark man attacked us, completely running out of spells, and finally the destruction of the husks, the pyro and the town letting out their cheer of victory...in that moment everyone WAS their character and it was by far my favorite battle in my 8 years of playing this game. It didn't matter that I was an NPC, the battle was frightening, the adrenalin was high and when we finally won, even I cheered.

-Getting to go out as a fox late Saturday night and accidentally giving Quiggly a solo mod.

-'RES-EM-ALL!!' Sunday wavebattle, lots of running and really being scared that everyone was going to die because Mr. T.D.&D. had taken out the earth circle and I had been chased out of town and couldn't get back. Then after the First knight's spectical, making my way back, confining two constructs on my run back into the group and helping the town rally and win.

There are lots more, but I am tired and have probably forgotten some. So keep posting to fill in some I've forgotten, remember the first rule of Crossroads!

-Jamie

OMG!! Whats an amazing event... wow.

Really what I want to put as far as favs go, is the whole damn weekend. Saturday night's wave tops the cake, seconded only by the rez battle Sunday afternoon.
The Husks are, and will always be, one of my all time fav enemies.

Getting meet the people from Caldria's Town Watch. Bunch of cool peeps indeed.

The late night stupid o-clock chatter w/ Gratch and Loken.

Getting an assassinate off on Craigs construct. effing epic.

No matter how many times I get to play against it, Ball bearing of DOOM will always be a fav.

Playing cats cradle.. its been soo long.

I know I'm missing more, but I'm tired so this will do for now.

HUGE SHOUT OUT TO THE NPCs AND STAFF THAT ROCK MY WORLD, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! *group hug ^_^*

Lesse, what did I like about the weekend? Everything. Epic in the dictionary will ask you to see Crossroads. I fought and died and nearly rezzed and was perfectly fine with it. I stood toe to toe against hideous monsters surrounded like it was the Battle of Little Bighorn and came out on top feeling like I was more than just a speck on the sides of the big fight. This chapter over the course of the year has shaped my character from meek novice into someone with experience under their belt and stuff that actually matters. I wondered how I would play my character and how it would interact with others and this chapter has answered that question in spades. Below is just a small highlight of what made this weekend awesome in my eyes:

1)Seeing the Husks for the first time Friday night. Those were cool monsters and at first I thought our resident big bad was just throwing different colored constructs at us and not in large numbers. I wasn't worried at that point at all.
2)Scalping Sucresh(sp), he wanted my feathers, I told him I would take his scalp. I now have a trophy and a story to go with it and all the cool characters have a list of stories that their guys have done throughout the years.
3)Ball bearing of doom(five times I've fought it and I still have fun each and every time.Wish the weather would have been nicer. I wanted a picture with the ball of death)
4)Getting angry with a few folks IG for their refusal to help a townsfolk in need. Going it without them, helping the three folks fight the elementals and then paying the woman for the loss of her livelyhood. Loken is definitely taking the "Leave no citizen in need" tenant of the noble code to heart...Getting thanked by the Steward of the realm for that not fifteen minutes later was another happy moment for my character. Not to mention getting her and the Healers guild mistress to sign off on my citizenship requests.
5)Saturday nights wave battle, OOG it was a "Woha" moment, IG I doubt there was a single PC that did not need a new change of underwear. This battle was spectacular. Defining moment IG and a story to be told OOG for years to come. Having to force myself not to say "HOLD THE LINE!"...Whoops, of course I smacked some sense into myself at one point and it became "Reform the line". Running back and forth between East and South as the primary healer for both sides. I blew through my memory and it was worth it, too bad I could keep East from collapsing as I ran out of spells and didnt want to fumble with my potions in the dark.
6)Helping Zoya not only remember her most pleasant memory but having her relive it in her mind as if it had happened to her that very night, repeatedly. Using my Biata mind abilities even with only a pair of them available to me right now is absolutely outstanding to just roleplay out.
7)Sunday afternoons wave battle...wow...wow...wow.It starts off for me by hearing a construct call me out as a target and me thinking "Oh ****..." and backing up as I ready to defend myself and then remembering "Wait...I took shatters over binds at last study time" and then I found my courage. Of course as the battle went on I had a feeling we were gonna get out asses kicked and a death that is meaningful is a death I will gladly rezz for. Trying to thwart the big bad is definately meaningful. Watching the Dame give her life(or several) for the entire town was amazing. Heart wrenching moment to have seen that happen OOG and IG Loken would have shed tears had that been a permanent death.

As I remember more stuff I'll throw it up on the list. But yeah, thank you Tab, Christina, XRoads Staff and anyone who has NPCed this year for any period of time. You have made my gaming year and I know you guys will always bring the awesome(regardless of what you say about three years of plot only Tab, you'll probably come up with more between now and then).

The event was a blast! Here are just some personal favorites even though I was having fun every moment there.

-Saturday night battle when the Dark Lord shows up and I'm organizing West Side into battle formation.
Dark Lord-"CHUK NA GUTAH NO FUHA etc!" *100 sets of glowing husk eyes all start to light up in the trees surrounding the soccer field.* The trees and eyes begin to shake and my first thought is 'Oh ****.' I forgot I was in a game at that moment and I truly felt the fear and determination of we were facing overwhelming odds with only the men standing beside me. That alone made this event the best one I've had the pleasure to play yet.

-That same battle after fighting smart and repeling wave after wave my ogre getting ballsy and shouting "IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOT!?" Dark Lord-"WHO SAID THAT?! WHO THE F SAID THAT!" Me-"I DID!"

-Wizard tower and getting to keep the Coggin bird. We loved that tower and I wish I still had the bird but the consortium gave a fair trade for him.

-Elemental plane of lightning late Saturday night and doing a snatch and run on the pebble before anyone knew what had happened and avoiding combat completely. The ensuing role play at the earth circle after inwas dragged there was hilarious and had Tim and I laughing til the others caught up. "Aaaah Help Warsor!" *Repeatedly slammed against circle of power.*

-Peoples reactions Fri night after seeing me come out of the darkness with the cougar spirit mask on my head. "Whoah what is that?!"

-All things Mayhem. War and Mayhem went on a bunch of mods and kept each other amused.

-The whole moral outrage of the human pc(sorry forgot your name) at how other races were treated in these lands by humans and him insulting a noble. The fine stacked up to two gold and neither backed down. The PC discovered he'd left his gold back at his cabin and things looked about to come to blows. Then Warsor came over and paid the fine and proved the point of the PC in one moment still asking him to not say anything more to upset the noble.

-The epic last battle with the 8 foot Dark Lord and his constructs plowing through to the Earth Circle and the Dark Lord draining the circle and droping a handful of black stones into the scales. I leaped up over the railing trying To stop him, rolled and slipped dodging two body packets thrown my way and then sneaking over to grab a fallen gypsy off the field of battle to try to drag him to safety. I was found by a construct in middle of first aid and had to drop him and do mortal combat separated from the town. I knew the gypsy needed first aid quick so I pretended to drop and as soon as the construct turned his back, BAM 70 Assassinate. Ogre ninja moment was awesome. I quickly tried to save the gypsy only to discover he had died during the fight. I tried to get him a life spell only to be cut down by more Golems. The revive and renew effect on the town was epic.

Epic end to an Epic season... let's see... what did Vontri enjoy the most...

Getting the cure to the Alchemist's Mother, I know I didn't solve the cure myself but being there for that was an important moment for my character.

Saturday Morning Ball of Doom. Not only was it a great way for 2 NPCs to occupy the entire town... but it was also a great way to break in my new shield. ^_^

Working with the Healer's Guild on Healer Guild things, Can't wait for next season when I hopefully might become one of it's first PC members ^_^

The food. It has been great all year and this event was no exception. And the left over dinner for breakfast really hit the spot ^_^

Oh yes, and we can't forget the best 335 copper pieces ever spent. The look on the NPC's faces when I took out all that copper was priceless. ^_^

Tab and Christina, you two really made my alliance experience. This was my first year LARPing with the Alliance and you two really made it an experience that I can do nothing but enjoy. XRoad Staff and NPC's, you guys also rock the socks, you are great at keeping the game fun an on the ball, keep on keeping on, you did a great job!

THANK YOU NPC'S AND STAFF FOR AN AMAZING SEASON AND CLOSER wow
all i can say is wow my mind is still blown away by the whole event
i love playing at this chapter so much it is so worth the 5 hour drive
some of my favorites

facing the giant ball of doom
getting freaked out by the first husks that came into town friday night

getting drunk with bernard
lauren goin all crazy before the saturday night wave battle
the saturday night wave battle/ritual omg, i had a oog freak out when all those eyes lit up around the field. i was all like "game over man, game over."

hanging out with the gypsy crew all weekend was awesome.

sunday's wave battle of crazy ness.
omg, when i went down. i was like its okay the gypsy's will come for me... any second now... and hearing "target elminated" randomly was cool. any second now dang im dead, okay waitin for a life spell.... um.... then hearing what christina was saying i was like going omg... and then the hold and looking around and went.. "oh... thats why i bled out and need a life spell... everyone is dead." rofl

and the renew was so needed. and all the fighting after... a rallying fight by everyone in town. it was crazy and awesome

the whole season was awesome
and i cant wait for next season
i absolutly love playing maggie i have so much fun doing crazyness with her and growling at the various npc's is just great
thanks again for the awesomeness that is xroads...
i love all you who made this possible
see some of you at other events this year.

Wow, haven't been in here in a while...but I couldn't ignore the fact that this was nearly my favorite event of all time. Overall, during the course of the entire season, this is in fact the most fun I've ever had at any game, ever. You who have not played here are missing out on what the true spirit of this game is all about.

In no particular order though many are season wide:

--Mi familia. When I started playing there were only 2 races that I never thought I would play as. Stone Elves and Gypsies. Turns out that so long as I keep playing with the right people who have the right intentions I will never say never again. From the Gypsy camp, to epic costuming, to deep character immersion, to racial plot so involved that we can only guess whats coming next I couldn't have been more incorrect about what I would "never" do. I can't express how happy I am that I was wrong.

--The staff of Xroads. These are the greenest guys in the game. Some I even trained at their first events. Now can someone explain to me how they maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction and desire to see everyone they interacted with have the absolute best time they could give? At all times? From the moment you step onsite you are greeted and informed of the hows, the whens, the who's. Silky smooth logistics. Game on times that happen when promised. Plot writeups responded to. And the game doesn't stop or experience lulls until the end unless you choose to stop. Good show guys, take a bow.

--PC driven plot. Never is there a feeling of hand holding or just "going along for the ride." The decisions and interactions of the PCs seemed to always decide what was next. From our initial team writeup to the last encounter of the season it was always in our hands. Plot was very responsive and never in a "us vs. them" way. It was like they took great pleasure in seeing what we would do with what they threw at us. And I always felt rewarded for curve balls, never punished. Love this more than most anything else, keep it up!

--Mods that required all of your skills. And all your friends skills. All together. From great combat to puzzles to physical challenges to roleplaying. There is no want for more. Everyone had to work to their strengths for the whole to succeed.

--WYSIWYG. Descriptive holds were only present to ensure everyone was on the same page. Everything was represented at all times. You never faced "green guy in tabbard #3." You saw fire because there was in fact fire...which leads to...

--VINNY! Thank you for putting the fire back in my game. Take a bow my friend, you deserve it.

--Out of the norm timing and encounters. You never knew when and what was about to happen. "Oh its 5pm, must be time for a wave battle" doesn't exist here. And though I never thought I'd admit it, it was damn cool. I can't even think of a Saturday morning that started with a wave battle. Funny thing was, I never felt like I needed one either. Anytime I may of started to one would happen.

--Ball of Doom! Here is another example of the out of the norm. I am so happy to be able to say I was the first PC to be tea bagged by this monstrosity of awesome. What an epic mechanic. Whoever thought that a Giant Evil Beach Ball could supply so much fun was truly a genius.

--7' BBGs FTW. Its so hard to convince me that a baddie is larger than life if he's being played by Shortround. Thats apparently not a problem at Xroads. They don't describe a giant evil creature. They make one, show it to you and then pwn you with it.

I am starting to realize how long this is getting. I don't plan on ending until I finish but I am going to break it to a part 2 coming soon. Before I do so I want to extend my deepest level of thanks to Tab & Christina for going so far to make their dream for this game come to pass. I didn't have much left for this game until you two decided to take the plunge. Thank you both from the very bottom of my heart.

--Chazz

This is was first Cross Roads event and all I have to say it WOW.

This staff runs a solid game, and the NPC's were always running at their A game.

Some of my favorites:

Colvin getting to be one of the big guys for a change. Standing with one other person when a group of 4 elementals comes from the treeline. They start shouting for help and Colvin just turns to him, "We're fine, we can take them."
All the great RP moments with random PCs.
Colvin trying to deal with his outrage at how some of the humans were treating the other races and still trying to respect the land's laws.
Watching Connal have no trouble throwing that aside and having a stand off with Sir Gavin and fully expecting it to come to blows.
Going out for a smoke Friday night with Mugs and coming back to find to find the town empty.
Getting to take on the giant ball Sunday morning.
Of course the Sat night wave battle. I still get chills just thinking about it.

Thank you to the entire staff, NPCs and PCs for making this one of the best events I've been to.

Steve
Colvin

Hmm,

This is definitely an interesting topic indeed. I am not sure where to start, I missed some of Saturdays and Sundays stuff due to kitchen (though that was very fun since I got to interact with the players as an NPC. Role play is always good whether your a pc or an npc!!!)

My friday night experience was awesome, Mike c as a goblin, congrats to you brother was the first npc in my 10 yrs of larping that got me to pick up an item that spirit linked to me!! WOOT!! I think since I have the doll til the next season, I'm gonna name him Bob!! The glowing eyes floating around and interacting with people in the tavern was pretty cool, except saturday night when they startled me from my nap, lol.

Watching Mugs be sober on friday and saturday due to the steward race, that was funny. The friday night battles were awesome, the role playing once again rocked.

Saturday - OMG saturday was so damm good. The tower mod was great, especially with the wizard of the tower and the puzzles and the rotating blades of death. The saturday night wave battle was just completely awesome and scary at the same time with the floating eyes and the Dark Elf Mage who brought down the sun on us.

The event all together was great, I had fun seeing old friends and making new ones. I had fun being interacting with the npcs and having lots of fun. I look forward to the next season as well as the wrap up event!!

Dave Yanolatos
aka Sarinjiro Yoshimitsu

I never post on the boards, but I wanted to chime in and share my favorites for this event, as well as state some praise for Crossroads overall. I can honestly say -- as many before me have said as well -- I cannot remember the last time I had this much fun in-game as a PC, or as an NPC for that matter! Crossroads has breathed new life into the game and demonstrated that innovation and quality CAN go hand in hand. Creative, dynamic ideas and in-game mechanics for ensuring you ALWAYS have something to do! I hardly had a moment to take a break, much less get bored! I've never played a game before where I had to choose between 2-3 different fun things going on at the same time... where my little teensy-weensy lowbie character felt actually *powerful* and like I personally had an affect on the outcome of the event... where I felt like an integral part of the town, not just a tagalong. Crossroads staff set the bar HIGH for professionalism and customer service. Perfectly smooth logistics, and the colored tags/fluid logistics period on Saturday is GENIUS.

Favorites for the Closer event:

- Running around with the gypsy (Bloodmoon) team! Thanks for letting me stay with and run around with you guys for this event! You'll notice I kept the bugs out of our tent, as promised.. though I apologize if a few of my larger "cousins" felt compelled to stop by for a visit... ;) The decorated gypsy tent of awesomeness is just so cool... Braggo flirting with Bella was unexpected, but amusing... all the moreso when he was diseased the next day and bemoaning the fact that no woman would want to have anything to do with him in that state... LOL.

- Saturday night wave battle... Just.. WOW. It took me halfway through that battle to logically rationalize the fact that there were more eyes than NPCs. :) My brain just reacted in sheer terror at the numbers surrounding us. That said, our "Northside" group fought really well, I felt! Rogue possuming tactics FTW!

- Mayhem teaching Bella Legerdemain and Evade and all of the various other conversations we shared... Thank you!!

- My mealworms and crickets coming in handy not once, but twice during game. :)

- Vincent: Pyro maniac extraordinaire!!

- Hearing "Target Belladonna!! Target Belladonna!!" and seeing Henry barreling towards me as a crazy golem... and subsequently going into a hissing, spitting freaked-out spider frenzy before getting tooled down. Twice. Laying there bleeding out, and then into my death count... Hearing nothing but "Target eliminated...." peeking out and seeing nothing but bodies on the ground surrounding me and thinking "game over, man, game over!!" realizing that pretty much everyone was dead... and then Christina's Dame pulling an full revive on the entire town... Seriously EPIC.

- Hitting Tab's terrifying big bad for my piddly little 30 assasinate (on two separate occasions) and hearing "Got it!" There is nothing more satisfying as a low level character to feel like you were able to take a swing at something WAY bigger and scarier than you and actually hurt it... even just a little bit. :)

- Freaking awesome NPCs. You guys are all seriously amazing...

There were many more fun and entertaining moments, and I seriously cannot gush enough about Crossroads... You guys have set the gold standard, raised the bar, and I cannot WAIT to see what you have in store for next season!

Savannah

(AKA Belladonna, Savya, Fyzz)

Fav = Staff and NPCs of Crossroads
Fav = Pcs of Crossroads
Fav = Everything about Crossroads

Not Fav = Seasons over and I have to wait till next year for my Crossroads fix

I said it at the end of game and I'll say it again...I have not had this much fun and immersion at a game since I start playin 20 some odd years ago....I love the cap I love the Staff I love the NPC and I love the Pcs....

the Event started with a bang...lots of spirits in the circle and none could rez...enter the Husks...by the end of Friday nite I was telling people that the Husks were the "bodies" of the "spirits" in the circle...and I kept getting told "thats not how it works..it must be something else"....ha I was right....

Rats and the diseases that they carry...nice...sitting in on the emergency Healers guild meeting...and not wanting to be there..your diseased you should hear this...well after sitting though the "meeting" and then the 5 min talk on how to fix the disease....IG My character has not working knoweldge of Earth Magic and Alch....OOG of game I had most of it pegged with what need to get done...including the Oil of Slipperiness :)....

getting to jump onto a mod with BloodMoon .... I love Suduko...

Poetry Comp....loved it..till those pesky gypsies showed up...thank you again Justin and Will....

Crazy Sat nite wave battle.....when the eyes came on...I felt like...this is it...we're all going to die!!! this is going to be epic....Little did I know that, that wave battle was Sunday...Pcs laying dead...and then the whole Landbond thing and MAN THAT WAS EPIC!!!!!!! what a way to end the event and the season!!!

thank you again..till next season!!!

OK, I know it's been a week or so, but I still want to get my favs in... Since this was the closer, let me begin by saying this season ROCKED. I was apprehensive about the drive at first; it couldn't have been more worth it. As has been said many times here and elsewhere, I haven't had that much fun in a long time. In addition to the smooth logistics and responsive staff that everyone else has mentioned, I loved the fact that every time I decided to just walk out into the woods, I found something. A doll, a strange looking mushroom, an npc, even a crazy laser light effect. I could walk into the tavern and get food or drink when it wasn't mealtime. I could decide OOG that I felt like doing a mod, and make it happen IG in a matter of minutes. And I never knew quite what to expect. You might encounter no combat at all; you might stumble into a wave battle. And I never felt like there was an “expected” course of action (though I suppose there must have been). Rather, I felt like someone was taking a few seconds to think about what was going to happen now that I or my party had done “X”. There were visually powerful effects that were genuinely frightening and impressive: glowing eyes in the night, sparkling magic, drifting smoke, and outright explosions. And of course, the stringent adherence by all (staff, npc's, other pc's) to The Third Rule made it easy for me to just relax and play.

In sum, I had an absolute blast, crossroads was everything I hoped for and more, and I can't wait for next season.

In particular regarding the last event:

Comert Sanje Luna!

Watching (from unconsciousness) as an heroic ogre tried like crazy to save Teovel. He spent a sweet assassinate, took several constructs with him, and joined me in death rather than yield.

Fighting the ball (and getting to damage it with weapons this time).

Getting to lead the scales back to the circle.

Talking to the big guy with red eyes.

The “scout” eyes.

LOTS of great PC to PC roleplay.

LOTS of great NPC to PC roleplay (including but not limited to some great interactions with the town's nobility.)

Literally dropping to my knees exhausted after sunday's wave battle.

Everything about Saturday's fight with the husks. From the moment we secured the perimeter, to the eyes in the woods, to the 8 foot tall bad guy, to the woosh of triumphant explosions overhead, this was the best wave battle I've ever been in. (Nobody described magic shooting into the sky. At one point in the fight it simply wooshed up behind me and burst green overhead, and I thought, that's got to be a good sign!) It was the first wave battle that made me forget the fact that it was a wave battle, and not just a couple of hundred bad guys. (I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me to realize that all the eyes surrounding us couldn't really be NPC's... Totally got me on that one!)

Finally, the gypsy vision. For future reference, I'm up for one of those whether I'm in the middle of another mod, eating dinner, sound asleep...whatever. It was visually stunning, powerful rp. More, it was clear by its nature that the staff was fully aware of who our characters are, and what they are trying to do. It was like they were fleshing out OUR plot as much as advancing their own.

Everything else: food, lit pathways, details about the site like little signs and posters, costuming, excellent NPC's, and on and on... they really made excellence the norm. I am really looking forward to next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back