Closer

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for a great season, I hope you all enjoyed our closer. I'd like to thank the folks that NPC'd for us, especially Christine, Kevin, and Rob Toole for taking time out of PCing to come help us out. Also Justin, you're a machine. Thanks to Joe, Brigit, GJ, and Al for pre-pulling the 9 billion tags we needed for the event and for taking care of log during the event.

Thank you to everyone who came out to PC, especially those of you who drove great distances to attend the event. (We had PC's come from 5 different states and a few from Canada.) I've really enjoyed enjoyed being able to work with the rest of the staff to put together the game that you all play and watching you experience it. I'm excited about working on everything for next year and I hope to see you all in February.

-Jorsh

All-

I had a fantastic time at this event. Here are a few comments that bear mentioning:

Plot. Although I was not there for most of the events of the last two years, I did have many PCs fill me in on what had been happening. That willingness of the PCs to bring me into the fold allowed me to really appreciate the interesting long-running plot that you guys had executed. Seeing the whole Shade/Sheninagans plot come to a head was very cool, but the council smack down was even cooler! It was obvious that the NPCs (including at least one PC that went to NPC) put in a lot of time putting on great makeup and costuming to make that scene as impressive as it was. Nice work!

I also enjoyed the hunter plotline. The carrier attacks were terrifying, but made sense in light of the story that we learned throughout the weekend. Retrieving the pieces of the bow was neat. Here's hoping that we don't see that guy for awhile!

Intensity. I commented to staff members during the event, but I wanted to raise it again here. One of the things that impressed me over the last two events I have been to is that how this staff team can run an amazing event with 15 NPCs, but also with 5 NPCs. Being able to bring the same level of intensity in a different way is a big achievement. Nothing is better than preparing to go on a module and having to dole out cure light potions because you are totally tapped out from the non-stop insanity. Love it!

Logistics. This had the potential to be a nightmare with so many people (and so many high level people), but it went pretty smoothly due to the hard work of the Joe, Brigit, John, and Alison. Thank you guys so much for putting in work on the front end to keep the game flowing smoothly!

Festival. I really enjoyed the harvest festival. The tavern looked AMAZING and the food was glorious. There aren't many times in my LARPing career where I have seen an event like that pulled off, but this one was great. Kudos!

Out-of-chapter PCs. I really enjoyed meeting the out-of-chapter players/PCs. You guys came from so far! Your costumes and gear were really impressive, and I truly enjoyed fighting along side of you. Please come again!

In closing, thanks for a fantastic event. I am super excited for February!

Best,

Joe / Stremthi Wayfound

Fan-frickin-tastic.

Big thanks to Plot and the NPCs for running a great event!!!! 2 years of plot coming to a head was intense!!!

I know a lot of people werent fully invested in the Shade and Shenanigans conversation but that was probably my favorite moment of the weekend. I was thinking that Shade was gonna come into town, talk a little with Shenanigans, then start killing people. When he came in relaxed, like he didnt have a care in the world, it was extremely suprizing and fantastic all at the same time. Then the Dagron Council came in and laid down the law! IT WAS AWESOME!!!

The Brood / Celestial Lich fight was fantastic. I dont think the town has worked that well in a long time. Everyone knew what they had to do, and did it extremely well.

I have to really commend the Plot team for having such a solid "weekend specific" plot going on while finishing up 2 years of intense plot AFTER the PC's sneakily ruined the season closer the event before. Tom has one of the best plot teams out there and I am glad that I get to be a part of it every year. Josh, Matt, Doug, and Mitch, you guys RAWK!!!!!

I cant wait for February!!!! WOOT!!!!

GJ / Durk M'Jurk

I want to send a thanks out to plot and NPCs for the side mods that weren't central to the plot, which were the ones I mostly went on. It was really fun to fight bandits who weren't what they seemed or to fight a mean chaos tree. Waymaker stones are a whole lot of dangerous fun. Kudos to every PC who ran back into danger to save team members who were left behind. I'm not to that point yet, but I'm glad for so many who set a good example. It is a lot of fun being part of the story.

Huge thank yous to everyone who made the season closer awesome!

As always, the plot team did an outstanding job telling an amazing story. You guys do a great job providing access to the plot for ALL pc's despite the wide range of levels and character personalities in the chapter. The past two seasons of SoMI have been the best game I have had the oppotunity to play. Thank you Josh, Matt, Mitch, Amy, and Doug. You guys are the BEST EVER!!!

Npc's! Awesome job beating the crap out of us despite your low numbers. You were troopers and deserve lots of high fives. Justin, you were a tank and my sore back and legs hate you for it:) Thanks to the pc's who donated their time on Friday to npc for the rest of us! Extra thank yous to the Garden City crew pt.1 and pt.2 for rocking our socks off for the past 2 seasons!

Pc's! lots of fun seeing old and new faces. I got to be apart of a lot of great role play and I felt that everyone went the extra mile to keep up the in-game atmosphere. One of my favorite parts of the event was sitting in my ward with Shadow and Tater doing absolutley NOTHING but chatting and eating candy bars. Thanks to everyone who drove from far away to visit us! New faces add a newness to the game that I love.

Tom, thank you for taking the time to keep SoMi up and running. Without you we would be SOL.

Joe and Brigit! Thank you soooooooo much for running logisitcs. It's the worst job EVER and you guys keep it running smoothly.

~AL

Awesome job NPC's, for being so few of you, you guys kicked *** all weekend, major props.

Thanks for having us ohio folks, and I'm sure we'll be back up there sometime..it wasn't a bad drive at all. Good to actually recognize some of you too! :D

Great all around weekend, especially for having so many fighter-types, and so little healing.

Battle buddy Sloan! We made a pretty good team.

All the dragon stuff was awesome, cus' well..I love dragons. Yay!

The Bear cave fight, where I actually felt somewhat significant with my "little" 16 magic swing..lol..fun stuff..I love my polearm.

Getting repeatedly complimented on my mask/contacts/costume/weapon..not often does that happen..sooo..I'll take what I can get! Thanks y'all! :D

Cake walk! awesomeness in the form of peanutbutter rice crispy treats.

Thanks for the overall fun weekend guys, there was constantly something to keep me up and running, and thats the best part of the weekend for me.

See you all (hopefully) in a few months!

Tsuku

First of all, thank you Plot team for an enjoyable weekend from such a rocky start. I know what it is like to think you have a number of npc's and then "surprise". After you found your sea legs, you some how kept up a pace to the event that was astonishing. You must be stealing life force, and shaving years off your life. I've really enjoyed playing under josh, and this event I got to do more stuff with Mitch and Matt. Mitch, you ran my favorite mod this weekend. Running around on the plan of choas. The lich stuff looked cool. I looked forward to seeing what stuff you will throw our way! Matt, you turned a "info" gathering session, into a cool scouting mod. I know that David (eldarina) thought it was really cool we had to rp that out. Thanks for your quick thinking. It added so much.

Npc's, Tireless effort much appreciated! Kevin and Christine, you guys save friday night. Thanks much. Justin, thanks for your crazyness, hopefully no more body checks required :)

The clean up crew. Thanks to Joe and Brigit for running log, and doing the thanks less job of cleaning up. (and thank all whom helped them clean up) I know how much it work it is, thanks.

Tavern food was awesome! Pot luck yummy!

My favorite moments,

Being so tapped, that the darkelves and I had to hid in the woods sat afternoon just to figure out a plan to fix these problems.

watching shannagins and shawdow hit on each other. it was a giggle fest.

running with eldarian in the middle of the night, trying to see were the brood came from. Then running into the litch, and having to book it, only to turn around and follow them.

the sneak yonkie to blow up the circle, awsomeness

Brood

Thanks guys see ya soon!
Brooks, aka yonkie

-Had a blast fellahs. I havent pc'd in quite some time, and for good reason, but I'm glad I did this weekend.
-To the three plot members who were present (you know your names) thank you very much for a great event full of all different flavors of plot.
-To those who NPC'd thank you very much for your hard work, seeing as we all know its generally more work to run/npc then to pc.
-I would also like to thank everyone who PC'd, the turnout was awesome and honestly thats one of the reasons I stuck with nero over the other LARPS I have played, its just not as fun with a minimal number of people.

All that being said, I cant wait till Feb.

Tank

Yea, sorry I couldn't get a chance to post these sooner but I had a really great time. Big thanks to all the staff/NPC's/PC's/and friendly folks who made this happen.

To start things off Friday night getting through a well organized and speedy logistics line. It looked a bit like chaos, but I have to give a solid compliment to the folks running that. It always really helps the game for that to go smoothly. And especially as a traveling player I was great full.

Finding a whole crew of Dark Elves to roll with for the weekend was awesome! I have never had the pleasure to play with a whole group of my kind before, and it was a lot of fun. Also having Yonki as our "honorary" dark elf and backup healer was fantastic. :D And along those lines the blow of the circle mod we dumped on plot was supper cool. Big thanks to plot for just rolling with that. "What are you gonna do, come down here and Destroy Magic the circle?" Yup! Awesomeness.

Also friday night, the town as a whole getting wrecked by the huntsman and then after all the Dark Elves and Yonki pull out to realize that Brocktone could get possessed and then walk right into our Ward. Of course not 5 minutes later that very thing happens... crazily intense in the ward fight with all of us who were even invested in the ward inside it. Probably the most potentially lethal situation I have been in for a while.

Scouting with Yonki on several occasions, Saturday afternoon, Saturday night, and just hanging out with all the Dark Elves all the time. Also the end of the Dragon Game was a pretty sweet spectacle to watch, its cool when the end of everything is not always a fight. Although at the same time big thanks to Mich for putting up with 7 silly players who just wanted to keep doing stuff and letting us go, fight some stuff, figure out some crazy stuff, and be ready to hit our beds lat at night after most things had shut down.

10 hour drive each way is beast, so I don't know when/how much I'll be able to come back. But I had a lot of fun and definitely would love the chance to visit again when I can. I was really impressed with how much stuff was running and going on in spite of the rough numbers of NPC's. Honestly I could even have complained that we didn't have enough downtime which is always a cool thing in my mind when that happens. I think its great when players have to consciously make an effort to take time and plan/think about what they are going to do for the next little while. Thanks so much for a memorable weekend. :)

wow,

it sounds like I am going to need to be brought up to speed on a lot..............

daver

Back