Clubs in the new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Adept
Looking at the new weapon guidelines I wanted to get a consensus from some folks regarding Clubs. Now I am a historian type as well as a larper so I try and do my weapons with some semblance towards actual weapons, so what do the assembled marshals think of the spiked club forma factor as well as the two native american inspired types linked below:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... Q&dur=1116

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... BA&dur=606

My thought is to make a two hander based on the bottom model but for the sake of discussion I thought I would throw it all out there. Thanks

Joe Siegel

I would fail the bottom one, the point is way too sharp on the metal bit. It's also very spiky otherwise. Something more rounded I'd be fine with, or points that aren't in regular contact locations or are otherwise restricted from coming into contact with a person (like with an axe). The top one I'm cool with, but I'd have to see it in person. Safest would be to remove the little knob, then it would be great.
~Matt
SEA/OR Marshal

Upvote 0
I generally agree with Matt, other than I would need to see the actual implementation of the spikier one. If it's less sharp than it appears, and more in line with most of the blades, I'd pass it as a weapon, however, I don't know that I'd pass it as a blunt. Because our combat system is more representation then re-creation, I'd lean towards it being a blade for the purposes of our system.

Upvote 0
For me that 2nd weapon would be situational - I MIGHT pass it safety wise, if that spike was soft enough, but I'd definitely call it an edged weapon. I've seen boffer variations of the first one in-game a couple times. As long as the potential spike wasn't too long or rigid, I'd probably be ok with it being called a blunt.

David
Weapons Marshal - CT and GB

Upvote 0
Off the top of my head: Staff, club (traditional), mace (big round head), hammer (single headed), hammer (double headed), mace (flat flanges), cane (essentially small round head like your first picture).

I've seen all except for the last pass in HQ, so I'd say there are a good deal of options (and all can arguably be made of materials other than metal).

-MS
Rules Marshal, Alliance HQ

Upvote 0
*Removed post* Please follow the forum rules.

Forum rules said:
The Responder to posts within this forum MUST be a Marshal, Chapter Staff, Owner or ARC and clearly post such in their Reply. Posts not so labeled will be removed.

Posts which are answered will be Locked. Discussions of answers should be moved to Rules Discussions.

All other responses are fine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back