Colorado Monsoon Season

So, i am getting worried about site or game suffering a cancel due to rain.
I very much hope this is not the case but figured i would put something up here to calm peoples mind on this small bit of ocean landing here. I personally do not mind playing in the rain but not sure if others are alright with it.

Michelle and I were wondering about the status of that as well. She said there are flash flood warnings in the boulder area and still more rain for today and tomorrow. Just checking 9news weather, looks like they have gotten over 7 inches of rain in the area of the site. Guess we'll see what happens.

I'm not afraid of a little rain (and good lord are the mountains pretty the morning after a rain). As long as the site is safe, the GS Camp owners deem it safe, and the roads aren't washed out - I'll be there.

-Jules

Not to be over dramatic, there are people in boulder trapped in cars that have been turned on their sides presently. Not sure what
the site will look like, but I'm sure the GS Camp owners will issue their thoughts on how safe it is to camp up there.

Oh i agree if its not safe then that sucks but is part of life and we figure out what happens from there. I just wanted to bring up the subject as a chance and spot for jessie to post anything he hears from the site/roads.
Also if anyone is having problems larping communities are good place to help, People with pushed cars etc or need help. good place to ask is here.

Worst case scenario: The campsite cancels the event. We now have all our stuff done for October. We get together this weekend at a park and roleplay and make IG introductions.

Second worst scenario: The game goes on. It's super muddy and slick. Some combat encounters are scrapped or limited. Our cabins leak. We spend lots of time huddled in the tavern roleplaying and making IG introductions.

Better scenarios: We pack extra socks, $3 plain black umbrellas from Walmart, extra shoes, maybe even some $10 shoes from Walmart (while we're there for the umbrellas) that we'd rather throw away at the end of the weekend rather than bother to clean. We make many changes of soggy, muddy costumes. We fight in the rain, and huddle in the tavern roleplaying and making IG introductions. We have a fantastic time anyway.

Best case scenario: The weather clears up. The roads to the site are in great shape. The campsite has lots of paved roads and not too much mud. The sun comes out on Saturday. We fight in any weather, and huddle in the tavern roleplaying and making IG introductions. This event rocks!!

Win, lose, or draw, I'm still in!!!

Trace Moriarty

From what I've been able to find online, the area the site is in hasn't been hit by rain nearly as hard as Boulder. Weather forecasts also suggest this was the worst of it and while it'll rain over the weekend, it looks much lighter/more sporadic than the past couple days.

I'm hoping for this having been the worst of it and roads will be fine tomorrow. ;> But we'll see, I'm sure Jesse will keep us posted on the site status.

As of today Route 7; Hwy 36; CO 72; and US 34 are all closed according to http://www.cotrip.org/roadConditions.ht ... &id=178113
I am really hoping this is looking better tomorrow.
*Crossing my Fingers*
Really looking forward to meeting all you folks and being all in on this game it really seems to be what I have been looking for.
Any thoughts on where to have a get together if we are cancelled?
Where in Denver is every one abouts?
I am in Westminster.

Back