Combat enjoyment Poll

What aspect of Alliance combat do you enjoy the most?

• Theatrical (wow, this story is awesome. Gragthor finally defeating Thormthod)

• Sport (I got a bunch of good hits on Thormthod, I'm getting better)

• Character progression (I finally learned my eviscerate, and used it to beat Thormthod)

• Quest completion (Thormthod is down, what'd we get, who's next?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

jwconvery

Spellsword
Just trying to get a sense of what people love about Alliance combat. Chapters play in different ways, and players enjoy different things.

Obviously, there is probably a mix for every player but this forum doesn't support ranked preference.

Thanks,

-Joe

So... it's not just any one part of those, it's a combination of them. Any of them on their own wouldn't be as awesome as all of them together.

Yeah. I think that's reasonable.

Just curious if you had to pick a favorite/ most pronounced.
Ideally it would have been a rank in order type poll, but the forum didn't support it.

So just rank your number 1. :)

Problem with that is that it's not even THAT simple for me. It's that combat without any of those things is inherently inferior IMHO.

I'm going to have to say sport, but with a note that I have only NPCd and haven't gotten attached to the story quite yet.

Even just in those options, we have very different definitions. 'Sport' covers careful technical fighting as if any given shot could be fatal just as it does drumrolling away shoulder-knee-shoulder-knee like a windshield wiper.

I'm not going to make any judgement on which of these is better, but both are primarily for sporting purposes, focused on the fight itself rather than its part in the greater game.

Another vote for all of the above. Removing any of them isn't necessarily a dealbreaker, but I have the most fun when all of them are in play.

I play Alliance because I enjoy the medieval fantasy setting, and because there are storylines and motivations behind the fighting. That being said, there are other similar games that I don't play because their fighting rules are not enjoyable to me. Alliance has managed to find a reasonable balance of all four.

Back