combat question

Kauss

Fighter
Ok, how many people think their characters might be interested in some combat for fun and profit? Gladiator style combats, broken down so different types if characters would be able to fight in different ways. (example, circle close combat for close combat people, ranged ones for ranged, freeform for people who want more space and to mix it up.)

I am asking as I am thinking of holding some mods, semi regular, with this in mind. Money to enter, pot to win, betting on the side, the whole 9 yards. Since its a mod setting, everyone would have all their tags, and not have to save the world that day.
Speak up if you have an interest, locals more importantly than non (since I wouldn?t do this at an event unless it got big.)

Aeris said:
would pages be able to do it also?

Man, your really itching to get into combat, arent you?

Aeris said:
would pages be able to do it also?

As much as they are allowed to under the NERO Seattle page policy.

I'm assuming you're talking IG money for entry and winnings, yes?
Oh, by the way, sooooo there.

Jeff

To answer a few questions, pages who could throw things could be involved in the ranged combats, and freeform (tho in freeform you are likly to lose bigtime as you cant use a weapon)

Yes IG money. It will most likly be some kind of entry fee (small) and a divided pot for the winner, and second place, and sponcers. With added cash from sponcers sometimes.
Looking good so far, more details when I am more ready to swing it out and into action.

wow I guess I should practice throwing my spellpackets....

I'd love to... but as it's highly unlikely I'll make it to a Seattle gameday anytime soon, I'm not sure how much that counts :)

-Bryan

Polare Lissenstine said:
I'd love to... but as it's highly unlikely I'll make it to a Seattle gameday anytime soon, I'm not sure how much that counts :)

-Bryan
well, if it catches on, I may run some during an event, tho dont hold your breath. But I have come to the conclution that I really need to start it up in mods to get people involved enuf to have anyone attend something like this at an event.:)

The battle thing can be cool. In fact the gypsies ran a fighting arena for a while in Northwest. We had bears and various woodland monster we had caught that we bet on, as well as several gladatorial type fights. It was good fun. (Do you know how many pigs it takes to eat a human body?)

If you would like help or ideas, buzz me on IM or on my cell.

Barry

Balryn said:
Do you know how many pigs it takes to eat a human body?

12 to do it in about eight minutes. Thus the term "Greedy as a pig!"

Seriously, though, I see this asa good opportunity for the adventurers to not only sharpen their skills, but also to get some coin in the process. I am eager to see what all will come about from it in terms of how it changes the economy with the local merchants (sponsors as stated previously), as well as what sorts of rule sets will be made (one on one, three vs. three, duel to the death, etc.).

Wait a sec... what are the adventurers doing fighting each other? Dont they have better things to do than to play gladiator games?

you are misquoting:

"And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig ****, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, 'as greedy as a pig.' "

Fine. 12 pigs to eat a Page. Happy?

((stupid perfectionist...))

Johnathan Lancaster said:
Seriously, though, I see this asa good opportunity for the adventurers to not only sharpen their skills, but also to get some coin in the process. I am eager to see what all will come about from it in terms of how it changes the economy with the local merchants (sponsors as stated previously), as well as what sorts of rule sets will be made (one on one, three vs. three, duel to the death, etc.).

Wait a sec... what are the adventurers doing fighting each other? Dont they have better things to do than to play gladiator games?

Who needs to sharpen skills? Eh? I hope that there are some more fun things than one on one. One on five is a fun game too. The rules however are a paramount issue, since you'll probably let the dark elves play and we all know how trustworthy dark elves are. :laugh:

Barry

Back