Combat trainer desired

strago

*A small parchment is seen, folded over with the above phrase written on the outside; upon opening the note you see the below text (written neatly in common)*

Greetings to all who read this. I am a local of The Hollow, and should you be from nearby as well, it is possible you know me. My name is Strago Bloodshade. In the interest of making this note simple, I recently discovered during the local fighter tournament that my skill has declined enough that I am now seeking someone willing to aid me. I seek someone to assist me in refining my skill in combat, and perhaps to aid me in becoming stronger than I am currently.

I am usually within The hollow, and can be found near The Vulgar Gargoyle during most of the next gather, should you be interested in this task. I cannot pay in coin at this time but would gladly discuss repayment via labor, assistance with completion of a task, or a future repayment of coin if you are so willing. Should you not already know me, I am easily identified by the red vest I wear, and a plain shirt beneath, white in color.

May a good wind be always at your back,
Strago Bloodshade

Strago,

I shant be in the Hollow but for a short time this coming gather but I should be around in October. I would be more than happy to show you a thing or two that I know, but It would not hurt to find many different men at arms to train you, so that you might become well rounded. I am sure you but need to ask during a dull period and most of the good folk of area would gladly show you a thing or two. In any event I will look for you come October.

- Avian Toth

Strago,

I am willing to teach you anything and everything I know. Seek me out in October.

~ Squire Vry

Vry,

Sounds like we could work together on this one. We should try and gather up some of the other newer adventurers as well and put an actual time on this. Perhaps Saturday morning a little before noon?

- Avian

I will also be present at this training session. I will be willing to teach various defensive combat forms.

I will also be availiabe to provide lessons in offenive uses of magic on the field of battle, with applications for both celestial and earth mages.

Qiu Jun-Wu
Guildmaster, Finn Castle Healer's Guild
Scarred Legionnaire

sltwolf said:
as long as you dont show them how to fight like heresy, vry, i approve.

-wolf

How can I fight in such a manner that pleases you, goodman Wolf?

Shall I head-butt my foes more often, perchance?

H.

Heresy,

If you would like to give the town lessons on head-butting I for one would be most entertained to watch, however I really would rather see you train people in the art of tree climbing and lake jumping.

- Avian

Deadlands said:
sltwolf said:
as long as you dont show them how to fight like heresy, vry, i approve.

-wolf

How can I fight in such a manner that pleases you, goodman Wolf?

Shall I head-butt my foes more often, perchance?

H.

I wish! It was more of the "see how long i can hold my sword up its ***" tactic that I felt didn't need to be passed on to the youngins. They're so impressionable and eager to please. I wouldn't want them trying out such an advanced, dangerous skill without a true master to teach them!

To hold a sword in the *** of a running foe is not warfare. It is a divine art. It requires a patience and a breach of the social contract that most are unwilling to endure. It cannot be taught. It is a lotus blossom in the wind.

I am but a novice.

Heresy

Jevedor said:
Heresy,

If you would like to give the town lessons on head-butting I for one would be most entertained to watch, however I really would rather see you train people in the art of tree climbing and lake jumping.

- Avian

Vry is ready to carry the torch on these skills.

Back