Come One, Come All to Merchant's Row!

Thank you Squire Raganarok. I am still indebted to you for your help during the Night of Long Fangs and it seems I shall still be. Part of this endeavor is learning what others have done in understanding the Blight, we are not running experiments ourselves. At least unsafe ones. Perhaps we will have an idea of what is safe to eat by the end of this endeavor.

Master Weaver Jonas

Master Weaver Jonas,

For our calendar we are in the month of November in the year of 322. We have twelve months, next month is December which marks the end of our calendar year. It is my understanding that November for is Novemary per your calendar. In preparation for our discussion about stellar and celestial events tomorrow evening. Could you please let me know the months Rathfall uses and how many days per month?

January 31days
February 28 days
March 31 days
April 30 days
May 31 days
June 30 days
July 31 days
August 31 days
September 30 days
October 31 days
November 30 days
December 31 days

We hsve a February 29th every four years as a leap year to continue to sync the calendar with the seasons.

The March equinox happens sometime between March 19 and 21. The September equinox occurs sometime between September 21 and 24. Spring and Autumn Equinoxes.

There are two moments each year when one of Earth’s poles is tilted the most toward the Sun, and the Sun lies directly above one of the tropics. These moments are the solstices.

The June solstice takes place sometime between June 20 and 22nd. The December solstice happens sometime between December 20 and 23nd. These are the Summer and Winter solstices, longest day and night of the year. I am curious if this is the same for the Grimere Expanse.

Thank you,
Baroness FallingStar

Baroness,

I do not wish to take too much away form the merchants but allow me to explain our calendar. We can speak more of celebrations on a later date, Rathfall celebrates many a thing.

Our calendar starts at the beginning of spring:
Monmus: 30 days
Duomist: 30 days
Trimay: 30 days
Quadrix: 30 days (beginning of Summer)
Pentrill: 30 days
Hex: 30 days
Septsum: 30 days (begin Fall)
October: 30 days
Novemary: 30 days
Decco: 30 days (begin Winter)
Undekko: 30 days
Dodekko: 30 days
Trikadekakillion: 5 days (the year starts anew)

We have no "leap day" our orbit is matched to our time and therefore our calendar.

Master Weaver Jonas

P.S. I find it odd that our numerical root words do not match yours, but are shared in some instances. Perhaps we should explore some linguistics between your common tongue and ours.

Thank you Squire Raganarok. I am still indebted to you for your help during the Night of Long Fangs and it seems I shall still be. Part of this endeavor is learning what others have done in understanding the Blight, we are not running experiments ourselves. At least unsafe ones. Perhaps we will have an idea of what is safe to eat by the end of this endeavor.

Master Weaver Jonas

This is a prudent policy. I will leave the enforcement of it to the Squire, and support him where I can.

I do think it would be worthwhile to look into what could be foraged and found edible in addition to see if there are certain flora that can resist The Blight soil whilst being cultivated. I am ever surprised by the sheer adaptability and tenacity of Nature to foil even necromancy on its own without the aid of outside magics, as evidenced in the S.P.A.M creatures.

If you are to make a strong foothold here to operate out of when the time comes for you to reclaim this region of your Homeworld, I imagine such knowledge would increase the tenability of your efforts many-fold. Could you inform me if any of my peers or superiors find any tomes or notes regarding these matters? I will also keep an eye out when I am out on the field, and aid you in consolidating and verifying that information, as I am at least proficient with Healing Arts and Brewing among the mystical sciences, and Culinary Arts and Horticulture among the domestic ones.

Merchants are more than money-makers- we are also innovators, problem solvers, and creators of opportunity, with eyes on the immediate and the far future realm of strategic planning, and as such, these skills are easily transferable to any situation.

~*~
Housemother Adlao- HM

Housemother Adlao,

Let me be frank when I say this, the Blight is not necromancy. It is something entirely unknown to us. Studying it is difficult and incredibly dangerous. The tomes of the Blightlands are few and far between and usually excerpts of journals from those who perished. That is the reason we seek to investigate this lab. If we are correct, this could be the greatest source of information about the Blight that we have ever seen. If you wish to be part of the research perhaps we should sit down this weekend a speak of what can be done to ascertain the "safe" foods of the Blight.

Master Weaver Jonas

Greetings Adventures from across the mists!

The proud proprietors of Merchant Row will be pleased to purvey goods and services of all kinds at the upcoming first market of Spring 523 in Gavaria! There will be many stalls to shoppe with faces both old and new.

We look forward to seeing you there!

((For a brief description of their wares, see the start of this thread!))

My salty chocolate balls are always ready! My chocolate balls are delicious and glorious! Buy them fast so you can shove them in your mouth for only 1 silver!

Greetings Adventures!

With Spring upon us, Merchant Row will also be in full bloom in Gavaria- Several newer Merchants will be joining us from far and wide.
We look forward to seeing you there!

Some of the newer attractions:
  • The return of the fabled The Dragon's Hoard by Willem Rivet
  • East Island Trading, owned and operated by Kit Read
    • This market offering a myriad of hot sauces, seasonings, and snacks

((For a brief description of their wares, see the start of this thread!))

Also, here are the offerings for the Gloaming Rose:
1.png

Back