Coming to Rathfall

BriteMoore

(posted in the local tavern by a runner)

Hoping this letter finds Good hearted folk able, healthy & strong! I am Timothy, a retired Warrior who has traveled much of Fortanis the past decade plus as a merchant, a mercenary and a jack-of-trades (whatever got me by). Age, Injury, Loss of Homeland, Politics and Squabbling have been the reasons for my retirement, and honestly- it's made my life much simpler and easy to enjoy. However, word reached me recently of your Blight, and your struggles. Having lost much that was dear to me to a similar threat, I knew the time had come to set aside a merchant's scales and switch them back for the shield & the sword! Your cause is a Worthy one, and I could neither turn aside or say "it's too far away".

I am old, and slow- but also experienced. My speed is not what it was, but my armour is sturdy. Age may have robbed much from my body, yet my will is strong! If by my life, or my death, I can aid your land and people this coming gather- I will. As my old Comrades in Arms would say "Honour Shadows All"!

Until I greet you all in person, and meet our foes upon the field-

Timothy BrightMoore

"A Fighter lives for combat- the challenge, the rush and the thrill. A Warrior fights for a cause- a land, a people, a reason! Let the fighters have their taverns and back alley brawls- Warriors take to a field in defense of that which is Good. Be a Warrior!"

Attachments

• polyarmourous.jpg
    polyarmourous.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 6
Timothy,

Its hard to stay out of the action packed life that we lead. Rathfall can always use another sword and shield.

Lady Asher Oakheart

Goodman BrightMoore,

Well met, traveler. I am glad to hear word of Rathfall's plight is spreading across Fortannis. Archduke Rumil certainly needs all the loyal swords he can muster in these dark days - I fear many in his vanguard are more fighter than warrior. Regardless, if you have been in retirement for sometime, it is possible your equipment has lost some of its physical edge and mystical luster. If that is the case, seek me out and I can attempt to re-equip you, in the short-term at the very least, with a serviceable sword and shield. Otherwise, what accoutrement do you require and what role did you previously fill in battle? The land is filled with merchants and patrons and I expect many will be happy to assist bringing you back to fighting form.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Lost One
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Goodman BrightMoore,

Well met, traveler. I am glad to hear word of Rathfall's plight is spreading across Fortannis. Archduke Rumil certainly needs all the loyal swords he can muster in these dark days - I fear many in his vanguard are more fighter than warrior. Regardless, if you have been in retirement for sometime, it is possible your equipment has lost some of its physical edge and mystical luster. If that is the case, seek me out and I can attempt to re-equip you, in the short-term at the very least, with a serviceable sword and shield. Otherwise, what accoutrement do you require and what role did you previously fill in battle? The land is filled with merchants and patrons and I expect many will be happy to assist bringing you back to fighting form.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Lost One
Dramthin Hartsboon
Lost One and

Apologies for my ignorance on knowing how to properly address you- but be assured I greet you both Honourably and in companionship of a Just cause! As an apprentice smith, I have the modest skills to keep my gear maintained in spite of the years ("Take care of your gear, and it will always take care of you!"). Add in my merchanting, and most of my basic needs are (thankfully) currently met.

Of simple gear, I've a complete lack of any healing elixirs or potions. That would be something I'd love to see fixed. Sadly, all mystically enchanted gear I once had is long since gone. The fickle nature of such energies, or some such, according to those better versed in the Arcane than myself! Against foes who need enchanted weapons to harm them, I resort to a defensive posture- until those in possession of such energies and/or weapons can dispatch our common adversary.

As for my role in battle- in younger years I strived to be both adaptive and flexible. I prefer heavy infantry, and I can fight weapon & shield, twin weapon, courtly dueling, pole arms, etc. In a pinch, I can serve light infantry (though I'm not as fast or agile these days). Ranged weapons are likewise no stranger to me, whether hurled or propelled, so I could also fill a skirmisher role to a certain degree. Never was much of a 'tactical fighter', though I've some slight knowledge of tactics (and siege warfare) in general. Armour wise, I've both light and heavy suits- with the heavy being such that a novice fighter would have to undergo some extra armour training to wear. I've worn even heavier, but it's what I've got at this time.

In hopes this addresses your concerns, and answers your questions.

Attachments

• House BrightMoore maker's mark.jpg
    House BrightMoore maker's mark.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 4
Timothy,

Its hard to stay out of the action packed life that we lead. Rathfall can always use another sword and shield.

Lady Asher Oakheart
Lady Asher Oakheart,

I'd reached a point i either needed to be convinced of who/ what I was fighting for, or step away from the "action" until I was certain I wouldn't draw steel for an unjust cause or reason. All that I've heard of the Blight, and the troubles it causes, leaves no doubt as to what is Just or Right! It's been some years since I could honestly say such- hence why my journeys here. I only hope I am of some aid, and can lend comfort and support to Rathfall and it's people! I look forward to greeting your Ladyship properly in the days to come.

Attachments

41.5 KB · Views: 2
Greetings to you, friend,

I am Housemother Adlao, and I am an ally of Keeper Hartsboon and Guildmistress of The Order of the Pearled Heart, a minor healers guild dedicated to the causes of the commonfolk and supporting newer adventurers.

I understand that you are a seasoned warrior having returned from across the mists. Though not new to adventuring, all the same our mission to help adventurers like you to find your footing in our lands and amidst The New Magics. We of the OPH would be happy to supply you with some basic necessities that will be helpful to you as you resume your journey, such as potions, alchemy, and even a piece or two of Superior Equipment if we have the means to create such. I myself am a Brewer of intermediate skill.

I would also refer you to Franz Firebrand of The Phoenix Flight if ever you travel the mists to Gavaria. His guild, a sibling of our own, helps provide insight, intelligence, and guidance to seasoned adventurers returning to the fray, usually over a cup of delicious coffee in the mornings.

Our sibling guilds aside, there are many individuals and organizations who stand ready to support you returning to the great work we do in the service of the Mistspheres. I look forward to meeting you, and will help you restock your supplies from our Order’s reserve.

May Light ever illumine you,
Housemother Adlao- HM, OPH

Greetings Timothy,
I go by Cuthburt and run a publication circulating around Rathfall called The ABCs of Adventuring. A seasoned hero such as yourself is sure to have many a valiant tale. I would love to meet you in person and perhaps hear your story. Perhaps over a meal? It would be an honor for myself as well as my readers!

Amos Bartholomew Cuthburt
Journalist
The ABCs of Adventuring

Greetings Timothy,
I go by Cuthburt and run a publication circulating around Rathfall called The ABCs of Adventuring. A seasoned hero such as yourself is sure to have many a valiant tale. I would love to meet you in person and perhaps hear your story. Perhaps over a meal? It would be an honor for myself as well as my readers!

Amos Bartholomew Cuthburt
Journalist
The ABCs of Adventuring
Cuthburt,

Of note is - I'm no bard or storyteller, so I'm certain my tales won't be as interesting to hear. Still, I'm not opposed to sharing most of the things that've happened in my time. Also, I'm certainly amenable to the idea of a pleasant conversation over a meal and a drink. In my experience, however, hostile forces (whatever they may be) have an Uncanny knack for knowing when I just sat down, and showing up to interrupt! If that holds true in these lands, we might be interrupted a few times (at least)!

Greetings to you, friend,

I am Housemother Adlao, and I am an ally of Keeper Hartsboon and Guildmistress of The Order of the Pearled Heart, a minor healers guild dedicated to the causes of the commonfolk and supporting newer adventurers.

I understand that you are a seasoned warrior having returned from across the mists. Though not new to adventuring, all the same our mission to help adventurers like you to find your footing in our lands and amidst The New Magics. We of the OPH would be happy to supply you with some basic necessities that will be helpful to you as you resume your journey, such as potions, alchemy, and even a piece or two of Superior Equipment if we have the means to create such. I myself am a Brewer of intermediate skill.

I would also refer you to Franz Firebrand of The Phoenix Flight if ever you travel the mists to Gavaria. His guild, a sibling of our own, helps provide insight, intelligence, and guidance to seasoned adventurers returning to the fray, usually over a cup of delicious coffee in the mornings.

Our sibling guilds aside, there are many individuals and organizations who stand ready to support you returning to the great work we do in the service of the Mistspheres. I look forward to meeting you, and will help you restock your supplies from our Order’s reserve.

May Light ever illumine you,
Housemother Adlao- HM, OPH
Housemother Adlao
Guildmistress - The Order of the Pearled Heart.

Your offer is clearly of good intent, and I am neither arrogant nor vain enough to refuse it! As mentioned to another, healing restoratives (elixirs or potions) would be greatly appreciated, as I've none at the moment. Also of interest, if you've a guildhouse (or influence upon some inn or other), I'd be most appreciative of a safe place to rest and secure myself and my gear! Not having to go hunting a bed once I make the long trek to a settlement, and instead getting much needed rest, is something I've learned to value over the years!

I thank you for the advice and suggestions regarding Franz Firebrand and The Phoenix Flight. Should my travels take me there, I shall consider them both most seriously.

Also, your closure regarding Light illuminations is most welcomed! As someone who's been burdened by Shadows in the past, I'm very fond of lights in general. And your emphasis on such warms my thoughts and drives doubts and dark thoughts to the corners they belong in!! I look forward to making your acquaintance.

Attachments

Housemother Adlao
Guildmistress - The Order of the Pearled Heart.

Your offer is clearly of good intent, and I am neither arrogant nor vain enough to refuse it! As mentioned to another, healing restoratives (elixirs or potions) would be greatly appreciated, as I've none at the moment. Also of interest, if you've a guildhouse (or influence upon some inn or other), I'd be most appreciative of a safe place to rest and secure myself and my gear! Not having to go hunting a bed once I make the long trek to a settlement, and instead getting much needed rest, is something I've learned to value over the years!

I thank you for the advice and suggestions regarding Franz Firebrand and The Phoenix Flight. Should my travels take me there, I shall consider them both most seriously.

Also, your closure regarding Light illuminations is most welcomed! As someone who's been burdened by Shadows in the past, I'm very fond of lights in general. And your emphasis on such warms my thoughts and drives doubts and dark thoughts to the corners they belong in!! I look forward to making your acquaintance.

I and the other members of the OPH recently were permitted to lease property in Rathfall proper, and we could certainly off you shelter there in the city. As for the coming Market in Duke Rumil's encampment, we could also host space for you to secure your personal effects. I should note that the Tent designated The Tavern is also sheltered by powerful warded magic that prevents Theft of any kind from happening in that space; the Merchants of Merchant's Row were bestowed an artifact called the Watchful Alarm Lantern crafted by magical engineers the Skain county of Gavaria. Your belongings will be safe in the Tavern Tent- nevertheless, the added security of our Guild Table never hurts.

I and the other members of the OPH recently were permitted to lease property in Rathfall proper, and we could certainly off you shelter there in the city. As for the coming Market in Duke Rumil's encampment, we could also host space for you to secure your personal effects. I should note that the Tent designated The Tavern is also sheltered by powerful warded magic that prevents Theft of any kind from happening in that space; the Merchants of Merchant's Row were bestowed an artifact called the Watchful Alarm Lantern crafted by magical engineers the Skain county of Gavaria. Your belongings will be safe in the Tavern Tent- nevertheless, the added security of our Guild Table never hurts.
Housemother Adlao,

Your offers are gracious, and I accept! Likewise, it is reassuring to see such Wisdom as a secure center, guarded and protected thusly. Having slept lightly upon the ground, or in relatively unsecured dwellings, it will be a relief to have such. I shall seek you out upon my arrival.

Attachments

Back