Coming to Town...I hope that's okay?

Lurin

Duke
Um, Hi,

My Name is Jehyu (Hey-you), I was trying to get home to Gaden and the mists decided it was time for an adventure I guess. I ment someone who was nice enough to offer to bring me to town in a couple of weeks and hang out at her workshop.

I'm okay at making things, but I've been listening to stuff and I'm not sure people will want to buy things from me, but if you need something I'd be glad to help if my prices are okay. If not I guess that's okay too.

I can make most things, and I'm okay with first aiding stuff. Are there any important laws I should know about, or anything in particular eatting everyone I should watch out for?

Thanks,

-Jehyu
Rabbitkin Artisan

Greeting Jehya!

Welcome to Acarthia. I'm glad you decided to take a little jaunt over to our side of the mists. This month is a special month for us as it is our annual masquerade ball on Saturday evening as well as the Walk of the Dead. If you have access to a mask, bring it with you. Also this is one of the few times that we all dress up in our finest garb and dress.

As for laws, it is fairly standard, but the three spires did issue a great brief on our legal system here in Acarthia. If you have time, you may with to look it over.

I am looking forward to meeting you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask and I hope to meet you on Friday evening of the next gather.

Squire Kendrick of Rivervale

Jehyu,

Welcome to Acarthia. I'm certain there will be those interested in your wares.

On the question of eating, this month is a little particular in threats. While still limited to the night, the undead and ghosts are more prevalent with wards having less of an effect at keeping them out. The counter to this is the prolific use of Jack-o-Lanterns. Seek me out and I will do what I can to provide you one.

With regards,
Lucian
Miester of Cerberus

Good Artisan Jehyu,

Welcome to the great Kingdom of Acarthia! The mists have brought you to the Duchy of Acarthia, its shining jewel. Her Grace Duchess Ilianna Tiberion of Acarthia holds court within the estate of New Acarthia -- yes, we're very fond of the name of our kingdom -- and many will travel to the estate for the activities around court. There is the formal masquerade on Saturday night, lovingly hosted by the Baronial Court of Tiatar. If you have time to acquire fancy dress, a costume, or a mask, those are enjoyed by many -- but hardly required. Come and feast the season as you are! In keeping with the traditions of that barony, the annual Walk of the Dead follows. Spirits of those who have passed beyond often appear on this walk to communicate directly, or sometimes to present scenes from the past before our eyes. This walk will be outside for at least an hour, after dark, and it can get quite chilly in New Acarthia at this time of year. Bring your warm cloak to the masquerade, and gloves, and dress warmly when you attend the Walk.

This time of year is often haunted by nightmare spirits in these parts -- spirits which can ignore the protections of a Ward or Wizard Lock and pass freely into your cabin. (That said, magical protections remain reliable against all the other usual host of things bumping in the night, so still work to obtain those protections if you can.) Best to have those who sleep lightly stay near the door, or post a watch. There is a local tradition of carving pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns, and these ancient wards often scare away the creatures of nightmare... unless someone moves them from your porch. Bring carving tools with you. If you are indeed a fine artisan, I'm sure you will find a market for lovely carved jack-o-lanterns if you are so inclined.

New Acarthia is near what we call the Howling Woods, and full of adventure and dangers on the battlefield at any time of year. Someone keen of perception, skilled in application of first aid, and willing to help is always of use here. Make inquiry as to who stands as War Chief of New Acarthia when you arrive. That worthy will help you find a squad to watch your back specifically on the field of battle.

In the meantime, may I recommend to your acquaintance Squire Risome Yarrow of the Baronial Court of Tiatar, who is himself also a rabbitkin, and is also a fine warrior, an excellent gentleman, and a boon companion. He would be a good friend to make early in your journey here.

If you have any questions of our culture, or need the advice or protection of a noble, please do not hesitate to call upon me. I hope you will introduce yourself simply as a new friend, if nothing else.

Safe travels to you, Jehyu,

Dame Katherine Albright
Knight of the Ducal Court of Acarthia

This place is screwed up.

Theres goblins that want to be knights or whatever.

And some of our rabbits are weird looking so watch out for that...might be contagious.

Enter at your own risk.

OH! and if you see a ghost wearing a crown, rub his bald head for luck. He likes that.

-Vira

<sighs> I just came from a banquet I didn't have the right clothes for, I don't have a fancy dress and it's too late to ask Cyn to borrow one. I could probably make a mask of some kind in time I think, but I wasn't really planning on fancy eating again and I don't think I even know where to tell Kit to send stuff if I was going to borrow something again.

I'll try really hard to find something I guess...I haven't ever worked with pumpkins before, I'm not very good at making things look nice, more functional usually, like battle magic scrolls, or alchemy, or potions, or weapons and stuff.

I've never heard of a Rabbitkin fighter...I hope folks don't expect me to be able to help with fighting, I mean I'd like to but shooting a few bolts is really all I know how to do when fighting starts....

-Jehyu

Jehyu,

Come as you are, be welcome and have fun. Fancy outfits aren't a requirement. It's a party and you're invited. Don't worry about fighting.

~Lucian

Back