Commissioned Art

DracoIam

Spellsword
I have a few works that were commissioned this past market day and I wanted to confirm there was still interest in me completing the work.

I believe a Wood Elf wanted me to make a portrait of sorts of her Barbarian friend. If you are still interested in it please let me know where my runner should deliver it to.

If any one else is interested I charge copper or services in trade. And I keep strict confidentiality as to the identity of my clients if needed. Portraits will require a quick posing session.

-Gorka

Would I be able to commission a piece myself?
-Lok of Harbors Far

Certainly. What would you like? If you'd like a portairt I'll need you to do a sitting some time before the next market day.

(OOC send me a pic of you in costume)

Can you offer a trade? or will this be a copper transaction? I can quote you the price at your sitting after I know better how labor the work will take. There will also be extra charges if you'd like the original before the next market day.

-Gorka

It would be a copper transaction. What is the going rate?
-Lok of Harbors Far

Gorka, I must speak on my actions this last market day. I find they 'ave been weighin' on me.

I am almost sure I offended you with my line of questions. It was not my intent. I was charged with findin' a possible traitor (who it later turned out was tricked anyways) and I 'ad t'work with the limited information I 'ad- which was next t'none in this case.

But given the times I feel arguments and resentment will not 'elp our cause when our real enemies gather around us. I must 'umbly offer my apologies for any offense I gave t'you. You have shown no sign of anything less than an honorable character. It is my dearest 'ope that we can put our disagreements be'ind us an' work together for our common goals instead.

In my experience patronage is a way to show ones faith and good will t'wards another. Should you wish it I would love t' commission a piece of art from you. I can't say I need a portrait but with your acceptance I could certainly make use of a new shop sign or two.

Best wishes and regards,
Miss Alyce Sharp

satsukirebel said:
I could certainly make use of a new shop sign or two.

Best wishes and regards,
Miss Alyce Sharp

What is your business and what type of wears do you sell. The rate will depend on the materials and work put in. But I need a description of what use you want of them.

In regards you your eloquent lament of your actions, it would be good to reflect on the fact that some books must be opened tentatively and never judged by their exterior. And above all else, start at the beginning not the middle nor the end.

-Gorka

I'll 'ave t'check on the design with m'friend. I'll let y'know when 'e gives me a 'is idea for a layout. For my own I'm not quite sure yet. What mediums are you comfortable working with?

-Alyce

Also, I appreciate your words. They 'ave indeed given me something t'think on.

I know the compounds for several different paints. I have some sketching skills and a bit of carving. I have done a bit of cross stitching among other textile arts. I have read many books on different media so I'm mostly limited by what materials I can get my hands on here.

But knowing where and how you'd like it displayed would be useful in making the right choice.

- Gorka

Well, it's gonna be a sign so I was thinkin' of fixin' 'em to some posts/stakes or possibly hangin' 'em from my new travel lodgings or a nearby tree (seein' as 'ow we're surrounded by 'em). I think usin' wood for a base would be a good idea with something suitable for outdoor use. I can coat 'em m'self when they're done if that would 'elp.

-Alyce

Gorka I love your art! I would especially be curious to see your carvings or sculptures since I lack this talent myself! I would be very interested in getting something done :)
-Allendra

satsukirebel said:
Well, it's gonna be a sign so I was thinkin' of fixin' 'em to some posts/stakes or possibly hangin' 'em from my new travel lodgings or a nearby tree (seein' as 'ow we're surrounded by 'em). I think usin' wood for a base would be a good idea with something suitable for outdoor use. I can coat 'em m'self when they're done if that would 'elp.

-Alyce

I understand better what you want. But for what goes on it? Alyce's wonder emporium, Alyce's Haberdashery, Novelty toys by Alyce? I am unsure of what you sell. Please tell me what you sell or what you'd like the sign to convey.

- Gorka

denise_eviana said:
Gorka I love your art! I would especially be curious to see your carvings or sculptures since I lack this talent myself! I would be very interested in getting something done :)
-Allendra

weren't you the one interested int the barbairion portiat? Do you still want that work? Otherwise I have some ceramic pices I finished durring my travels but I have been unable to locate the proper clay for constructing more. Do you have something in mind? Functional or fashionable?

- Gorka

DracoIam said:
satsukirebel said:

-Alyce

I understand better what you want. But for what goes on it? Alyce's wonder emporium, Alyce's Haberdashery, Novelty toys by Alyce? I am unsure of what you sell. Please tell me what you sell or what you'd like the sign to convey.

- Gorka

I think I'd actually like to go with- Alyce's Bits & Baubles. I'll be sellin' an assortment of odd goods.

DracoIam said:
denise_eviana said:
-Allendra

weren't you the one interested int the barbairion portiat? Do you still want that work? Otherwise I have some ceramic pices I finished durring my travels but I have been unable to locate the proper clay for constructing more. Do you have something in mind? Functional or fashionable?

- Gorka
I no longer need the Barbarian portrait, but thank you Gorka. As for a small sculpture, I was hoping for a figure of myself or a gryphon (or me riding a gryphon!) But I would also be interested in a painting of yours if that cannot be done, I understand supplies are in short supply right now.
-Allendra

denise_eviana said:
I no longer need the Barbarian portrait, but thank you Gorka. As for a small sculpture, I was hoping for a figure of myself or a gryphon (or me riding a gryphon!) But I would also be interested in a painting of yours if that cannot be done, I understand supplies are in short supply right now.
-Allendra

I have failed to per cure materials for a clay sculpture and I must admit my dimensional wood carving is not up to standards at this point. May I suggest a flag with your seal depicted on it. if you do not have a seal or shield yet If you give me a few stories of your family and your conquests I'm sure I can design an appropriate representation.

Other wise I could have you sit for a water color. Though it may be difficult to find a beast and get him to sit while I do him as well. But I think it would be fun to try.

- Gorka

Might I suggest grabbin' a pic of someone else sittin' on a gryphon then 'avin' her pose in the same position? In this way you could match the two together and create a complete piece.

-Alyce

satsukirebel said:
Might I suggest grabbin' a pic of someone else sittin' on a gryphon then 'avin' her pose in the same position? In this way you could match the two together and create a complete piece.

-Alyce

I have not yet located a library or a gallery of art in the area to be able to use that method. I wasn't planning on making the poor dear sit upon the creature. Its that I haven't seen an image of or encountered any Gryphon so I have nothing to base it on.

- Gorka

Gorka,

I'm sorry to let you know, we don't have a library. The guilds hold their own private collections but theres nothing thats open to public access.

Fern

AllianceCHI said:
Gorka,

I'm sorry to let you know, we don't have a library. The guilds hold their own private collections but theres nothing thats open to public access.

Fern

Good I don't want to go into a stinky smelly cold dark library. On an unrelated note be sure to use light spells when reading in the dark.

- Gorka

If you are looking to gain access to a library, I'd talk with your local Celestial guild member...once someone gets around to taking the test that is...

- Palo Hendelboh, Journeyman of the Celestial guild of Gaden

Back