Community Engagement

Community Engagement Go!!

• Continue the question of the day?

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Put more emphasis on Mouthy Mondays aka OOG chit chat?

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • More Adventure Style IBGAs?

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • In character discord chat rooms based on specific locations.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Actual RP modules with a plot member on discord/zoom?

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • More complex RP modules with plot members that require videochat and costuming?

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Other- explain in thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kitaruen

Knight
Due to recent updates from the various midwest governors it looks highly likely May will be off the docket for LARP as shelter in places continue. (The May 22nd three day is still a go as of this moment but watch for updates). June/July are currently unknown but for the moment lets consider this a worst case scenario and we are not able to LARP until August. How would you like the chapter and community to band together, and keep fun and excitement alive.

I probably should re-download discord onto my phone since I don't usually pull it up on the computers.

As an option, I have heard of another larp running an even through Discord. They created an OOG chatroom, several IG chatrooms representing various points on the map, and several "adventure" chatrooms. An NPC would occasionally show up in a room and could set scenes using basic narration. Players could then interaction with the scenes by narrating their responses. If a few people wanted to do something specific an NPC (plot person) could pull in the specific people into a private adventure chat room and narrate the adventure. They used dice rollers and simplified character sheets to facilitate using skills, combat, etc. The event was over 6-8 hour period, not a full weekend.

As an option, I have heard of another larp running an even through Discord. They created an OOG chatroom, several IG chatrooms representing various points on the map, and several "adventure" chatrooms. An NPC would occasionally show up in a room and could set scenes using basic narration. Players could then interaction with the scenes by narrating their responses. If a few people wanted to do something specific an NPC (plot person) could pull in the specific people into a private adventure chat room and narrate the adventure. They used dice rollers and simplified character sheets to facilitate using skills, combat, etc. The event was over 6-8 hour period, not a full weekend.

If you are talking about DR:Wi, it was a full weekend and they used full character sheets, but changed the effect of some skills (mainly combat and social skills, crafting was unchanged)

If you are talking about DR:Wi, it was a full weekend and they used full character sheets, but changed the effect of some skills (mainly combat and social skills, crafting was unchanged)

No I hadn’t heard about DR. It was a larp on the east cost - Dead Legends, a Wild West larp.

Back