Competitions and Rules for our Tournament!!

To all,

As most of you know, I am hosting a tournament in a little less than two weeks. I figure it is only fair to make sure everyone has a sense of what they are getting into. You will forgive her if we keep a few surprises close to my chest, but for those who like to look before they leap so to speak, here are the Official Rules in Official Speak.

Official Rules:

Each team may consist of up to five members. They may not be switched out for any reason once the tournament has begun other than upon the permanent death of one of the team members.

Magic items and ritual effects are not allowed to be used during competitions with the exception of the all star Grand Melee.

No person may be on more than one team, that's cheating.

Don't cheat. You'll be real sorry.

Also, we reserve the right to change these rules if the need arises and we both vote Yes to the change.

Competitions

Colors: All members must be in attendance to present themselves to the judges in the manner of their choosing. Each team must designate their captain and team name at this time. Gifts may be presented to the judges, but this is not required. We've declared that bonus points will be given for creative hats.

Warriors Melee: Each team may have up to three team members participate. This will be a free for all fight to the last team standing. Only normal weapons and armor are allowed, any spirit linked/locked weapons or armor will be turned over to me (I'm Nether) for the duration of this competition. No non-weapon skills shall be allowed.

Warriors Round Robin: Each team may designate one person to participate. This will be a round robin tournament of weapon skill. Only normal weapons and armor are allowed, any spirit linked/locked weapons or armor will be turned over to me (I'm still Nether) for the duration of this competition. No non-weapon skills shall be allowed.

Mages Melee: Each team will designate one teammate to compete on their behalf, this teammate must be capable of casting magic. All mages will have a free for all duel. If you are rendered unconscious, rendered incapable of casting or are immobilized by prison, web, confine, pin and bind, paralysis, or Circle of power - whether these are your own or someone else’s, for more than 15 seconds then you are out. No magic items, armor, weapons, wands, battle magic scrolls, potions or alchemy shall be allowed, however high magic abilities shall be.

Ritual Casting: All team may have as many ritual casters from their team join this competition as they wish, the use of Formal link will be allowed. We (We're Nether) will provide all teams with a spell store scroll and the necessary components to create a Spell Store at this time. Points will be awarded based on the size of the spell store created, avoiding flaws, and the artistic presentation of the ritual. Bonus points will be awarded for having a theme carry throughout your ritual casting. Backlashes are instantly disqualified. It is against the rules to attempt to cause someone else’s ritual to backlash or flaw. Participants may choose which item they wish to designate to be there spell store, the first place winners of this competition may keep the Spell store they create.

Tangrams: There will be a series of five tangrams of increasing difficulty. Teams will be awarded points on the speed and accuracy they complete all the tangrams. Each team may have as many or as few teammates assist them during this challenge as they wish, but any outside assistance will result in disqualification.

Obstacle Relay Challenge: All five team members will be expected to participate in this obstacle course relay race. The actual challenges will be announced just before the Relay is to start.

Entertainment: Each team gets up to ten minutes to present to the spectators and judges an entertainment piece. Each team may have as many or few of their teammates participate in this competition as they wish. We've declared that all Entertainment should follow the themes of destruction and/or creation. It's kind of my thing. Judges will score by entertainment value and whether or not the team got the theme across.

Rogues Survival Competition: Each team may designate one person to be their rogue. All rogues will be rifted to a spot designated by one of us, at which point they will need to survive for thirty minutes while seeking out and collecting specially created liquid lights, which will be the only ones counted for this competition. We've decided that measures will be taken to ensure no one resurrects during this competition, and should probably warn you there will be other fun non-participant s out there that will serve as distractions, and/or hazards to your health. Places will be ranked according to the number of liquid lights collected at the end of thirty minutes. In the event that all participants fail to survive the full 30 minutes, points will be assigned based on length of survival.

Archery/ thrown weapon free for all: Each team will designate their archer or knife thrower. All archers will then compete in a free for all melee, attempting to render all fellow archers/throwers unconscious. Nothing but non magical armor, non-magical bows/crossbows, non alchemically treated thrown weapons, and non alchemically treated arrows/bolts will be allowed.

Archery/ thrown weapon blindfold challenge: The rules for the Archery/thrown weapon free for all as above will apply, but in this competition each archer will be blindfolded and will have one teammate also in the competition that will guide them by voice. Archers/throwers may dodge, evade, and parry arrows till they are knocked unconscious. In addition, guides may carry a single short weapon but may wear no armor. Guides can defend themselves to the best of their ability without attacking any other participant in any way, including returning blows. Guides must remain ten feet from their archer, if the guiding team mate takes any bodily damage during the competition then the team is out.

Create a Destroyer: Any team member can be designated to be the “Destroyer”. The teams will have ten minutes to build a Destroyer based on a points system to be provided at that time. We think that the less shaped a participant is by their own experiences, the more effectively we can mold them, and will award bonus points towards creating the Destroyer based on the inexperience of the transformee. Me or her (we're Nether) will then turn the designated teammate into the Destroyer the team has created. All Destroyers will then have a free for all battle and attempt to destroy the other teams’ Destroyers. Last one standing wins. Creation points MAY be added for exceptional creativity in the monsters appearance and/or concept.

Scavenger Hunt: A list of items shall be provided to each team. Items may be collected throughout the tournament and will be turned in at a designated time towards the end of the tournament for totaling. Additionally, We've lost several new pets/creations that are now running around the Bastion. Points will be rewarded for each pet that is safely recovered. They're mostly harmless...

Crafters Competition: Each team may designate a team mate to present something tangible to the judges that he or she has created. (Craftsman type of your entry or blacksmithing (If you are making arms/armor) skill required).

Prizes: The first place Winners of each contest will be given a unique prize. There will also be prizes given for the first through fourth placing teams in the tournament. Some of these prizes will be tokens with ritual enchantments, each of which must be used by the end of the tournament, but which may be combined to create one item that is better than the sum of its parts. Coin will also be given to each participating team based on how many points they earn.

Now for the exciting part!

All Star Competitions: There will be all star versions of the following competitions. The Fighters melee, Mages Melee, Rogues Survival Challenge, Entertainment, and the Obstacle Relay challenge. All participants in these competitions will have all skills temporarily restored to them, they will be returned to where they stood before beginning the all star competition afterwards.

Lastly, there will be the ALL STAR GRAND MELEE!

All Competitions will have guest judges who will award bonus points based on conduct which will lead to a team bonus to be revealed prior to the ALL STAR GRAND MELEE!!.

Each all star team will consist of four representatives, one from each of the top four teams placing in the correlating “standard” or “non-all star” events. Each time the Hollow or Legacy guys win an all star event the winning team gets the option of adding a team member for the last battle, the ALL STAR GRAND MELEE!!!

For the Grand Melee, one representative will be selected by their team mates from each team to participate in the Grand Melee. Bonus team mates will be chosen in a manor revealed just prior to the ALL STAR GRAND MELEE!!!!

The winners of the ALL STAR GRAND MELEE will be given the catalyst of “Nether’s Permission” and be allowed to keep the Create Bastion/Destroy Bastion scroll!!!!!

((OOG NOTE: For the all star competitions all participating players will get all their skills back as if they had returned to the previous logistics period (IE. You may not rememorize spells, you have what you had at the last logistics) They may then use all their skills up should they choose. At the conclusion of the all star event, then they will return to where they stood before they got all their skills back.))

I am very excited to see each of you at the tournament! This is going to be fun!!

Nether (Nether)

I know I have been away for a while.... And I know its a wonderful place full of surprises.. But Nether is it? Might I inquire to why/how linked weapons are to be removed.

If it's all the same I'd rather just sheath it and keep it on my back and fight with a normal blade. Though it is my sword as I had it personally crafted from my own collection or treasure through the years. My Sword Now Serves the People of Ashbury, only Duke Frost can command me to have it removed.

If this is not permitted, I shall understand all the same.

-Squire, Commander Ithica
-Follow me if I advance, Kill me If i retreat, Avenge me If I die

I assume Nether holds many powers, one of which likely being the temporary removal of a spirit link, old friend. I imagine the blade will not be harmed in any way and returned to you after you've completed your task. But we'll have to see what she....it...says.

-Wolf

Ithica,

She informs me that you can keep it at your belt if you'd like. The offer to temporarily remove the spirit links or locks is for the warrior's convenience, since no one will be permitted to use magical weapons during the fight.

She has also informed me she can temporarily turn your sword into a butterfly, if you'd like.

I'm not sure if she is joking.

Lord Galloway

This may not even be an issue, but out of principle I will bring it up. If someone's sword on their belt has a Protection Aura and they come up against someone newer to fighting, they may not be able to break that protection. What would happen then?

~Sun~

She informs me that "no rituals which could affect the outcome of any competition will be active during the events, except for during the final battle, the all star grand melee."

Lord Galloway

Back