Computer game thread

Have been playing FF XIV since launch. The expansion came out at the beginning of summer and it has been a lot of fun. A ton of story and, depending on the server, a great social environment. I'm in an FC (Free company=guild) that pushes progression so sometimes there is a lull waiting for the next patch but the patches are consistent, about every three months, and the producer gives a bi-monthly update via live letter. One great thing in FF XIV is that you can level all classes on one character. Merely change your weapon and you are now the class associated with that weapon and your level and skills change to reflect that. Bonus, FF XIV is on PS4 and PC and the servers are all cross platform so there is no platform segregation.

In terms of upcoming games I'm waiting for Star Wars: Battlefront which looks amazing.

I am still in love with my favorite roguelike of all time, Dungeons of Dredmor. It's about five bucks on Steam, and if a huge storm cuts out your internet, you can still have days of fun killing everything that insults your eyebrows.

I felt like playing something the other night but am still afraid to get a new game because I know I'd never get my book(s) done that are due ... so I downloaded a module for Skyrim that shows every location on the map (as well as paths!), loaded up my old 66th level character, and am now just traveling to every point I missed. Didn't realize there were so many of them. Since all the major plotlines are done, this is just random dungeon crawling mostly, which makes it easier to stop playing and not feel like you have to get back to it.

one of my personal favorite games is mount and blade warband. in the singleplayer, the game is a strategy/kingdom management/rpg, and the combat is a fun system of directional attacking and blocking (you can also ride horses). there is also multiplayer but that one is just the combat. it's on steam for 20$ and if you don't like the setting there are a truckload of mods for it. if you enjoy it, good news! it's getting a sequel soon. my only complaint is that the graphics are a bit dated.

Overwatch....any one else playing it?

Yep, I'm loving Overwatch!

Can't wait to head home and play some Warhammer: Total War.

Back