Concern from something I heard from a player that was an NPC.

Bigens73

Artisan
I cannot remember if it was at afters or just in the parking lot after the Feb event. One of the members and I cannot remember his name said that at a previous event as NPCs they went into a cabin where people were sleeping and killing blowed them while they were asleep. Now I know you have multiple deaths and that kind of stuff but this seems excessive. It makes me a little worried to sleep. thinking about it though does a simple white head band while sleeping defend against such action/hijinks. I am really looking forward to next weekend but this has me worried.

Rest assured our plot staff is extremely careful to be overly fair any time night time attacks happen, players, especially new ones can rest assured, if you get killed at night, you'll have a chance to wake up and defend yourself. That said a white headband will not make your character exempt from occurrences (although you will not be forced to fight, if your entire cabin falls you will likely also suffer in game consequences.) Ultimate, random war stories aside we have not had a PC die in anything close to the manner you've described above ever in SoMN.

I will say if the sun is up, and salamanders are clawing at your door, it's time to get up, or make sure your fellow adventurers are at least around to take care of things, this is after all, a living world!

Appreciate the response dave it very well could have been my newness misunderstanding him. I totally get the thematical need for night battles.

Real-life sleeping is one of those things that Plot isn't going to screw you over for doing. Sleep is important, yo!

I go back and forth on sleeping in-game because while it's exciting to know you could get attacked any time, it's also proven to be a safety issue before in other chapters (as far as I know, never in SoMN) because a PC who jumped out of bed to repel invaders ended up with a torn up foot and an ER trip thanks to an unexpected metal floor grating.

That said, the above happened almost 10 years ago, and is among three injuries more serious than some bruises I've seen in... yikes, 13 years of playing this game as of April. :)

Pretty good record for a contact sport in the woods, that!

Last edited:
Back