Concerning the recent recipe discoveries...

PirateFox

Scholar
*The following message appears directly under an EXTREMELY complicated series of colored stick-figure drawings. Translating the drawings is painfully difficult, but after reading the text, it becomes apparent that they were meant to be a pictorial version of this message*

Acarthians and those stopping by for a bit,

Assistant Guildmaster Panax and myself, Lagarde of the Merchant Guard, wanted to bring a matter to your attention. Of late, we have begun finding many lost recipes, which we believe will greatly aid the town moving forward. Given that many of these recipes require skilled crafters, the Merchants’ Guild proposed that we would act as a central repository for these recipes, and in return, provide our services and skills in assisting the creation of these items at discounted rates. Thus, the Guild would like to encourage their creation by offering the crafting at little more than the cost of the crafter’s time for recipes in our possession, assuming they are legal for us to make.

It has come to my attention that this arrangement was not well announced, thus this message. I hope that this will clear up matters, but if it does not, please reach out to myself or Panax for more information.

Reagents: If you find yourself in possession of the various pieces used to make the new recipes, feel free to either hang onto them, or if you have no use for them, the Guild would be willing to buy them for future projects. Whether a part of treasure bag, or found on your porch, these reagents have credit or coin value at the Guild. Stop by if you want to check the value of something specific. The rarer the reagent, the more we’ll pay for it, obviously. If you are making something and are short reagents, please talk to the Guild, as we may have some in our supplies we could sell you.

Recipes: For us to be able to offer our services as noted above, we need to have the recipes on-hand. To ensure that everyone can gain the benefit of these recipes, they must be available, accessible, and not traveling across the mists to lands where they won’t work. The Guild has offered to act as the go-to for these, and received the promises of three baronies as well as several other groups that they will bring us all recipes, so long as we make them available. Should someone be unwilling to turn in or sell a recipe, we will be unable to assist them with any crafting going forward, and many of our members will refuse to assist, as well.

“Our group was listed as having signed on…but we didn’t” or “Our group wasn’t listed as having signed on…and we wanted to.” Please come talk with Panax or any other senior Guild member. We’ll be happy to discuss this and get it resolved. Likely, it was either an oversight or confusion.

“What about scrolls? The Merchants’ Guild doesn’t need those!” This isn’t about need. This is about acting as a central distribution point for the new recipes for the sake of Acarthia. The Mages’ Guild was one of the first to state they would assist with this agreement and all recipes are to be brought to the Merchants’ Guild.

“What about necromantic potion recipes? Those need to go to [some random person]!” The agreement made with the Healer’s Guild requires these to also be turned over to the Merchants’ Guild. We will bring them to the appropriate authorities, or destroy them if there is no way to convert the recipe to something safe. If this is a matter of rewards, we will take down your name and pass over any reward for the item, though we were assured that there are no rewards for these recipes and ingredients, as they can be converted to non-necromantic purposes in most cases.

“I found it, it’s mine!” It sure is. We’re asking you to sell or turn over recipes. We’re taking nothing by force. This only works if everyone cooperates, and we’re volunteering our time, money, and resources to make that happen. Hiding away recipes hurts everyone when we end up needing that recipe, and odds are, we will. Once a few people pocket recipes, others will do the same, and things snowball. Sooner or later, it’s a guarantee that some will end up vanishing forever on retired adventurers or those who travel through. We’d much rather they remain available to the town.

“My guild/barony/bandit-crew didn’t agree to share with anyone, ever, and never will! Bwah hah hah!” That’s most unfortunate. I’d recommend having a sit-down talk with representatives of the Merchants’ Guild to explain your reason for this. We’d much rather the town work together, than try to burn itself down over greed, but that’s certainly an option. If you’re dead-set on cackling maniacally while twirling your whiskers, please feel free.

“Okay, great, where do I bring this bag of stuff?” To the Merchants’ Guild! If you’re not sure where that is, please ask around or ask to speak to Panax, Lagarde, Fynn, or any other senior Guild member.

We’re here to help the town prosper, and feel this will aid everyone.

Panax Thistleburr, Assistant Guildmaster

Lagarde Rhoade, Merchant Guard

I applaud Panax and Lagarde. Thank you so much taking this task on. Please let me know if Treasure Bag assist. Thank you. ~Belswin Torrid

Agreed! Here here. I appreciate the work you are putting into getting this organized for the good of our community.

By my hand,
Squire Kendrick Eisenhal

Back