Conclave-Penta Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

MathGwyson

Artisan
Walking by the library, Math finally turns to see if Mar has decided to follow him. Seeing that he hasn't he shrugged. He continued about his business putting word out that he was looking for transport back to the 'Vale. He managed to secure travel with a merchant caravan headed that way in a little over a week.

Seeing as how he apparently has time to spare, Math returns to the library to look into a few matters that have been niggling at his curiosity for awhile.

Re: Calenhelm Library

After a few hours, a page from the Eartweaver's Guild steps into the library, looking furiously about. He spots the Biata he's looking for hunched over a pile of books. "Master Gwyson, I have a message from Garridan. He wishes to speak with you at the Guild at your earliest convenience. You can find him in the Masters quarters. When you get to the Hall, one of the pages will take you to him."

With that he bows slightly and takes off, headed back to his duties at the Earthweaver's Guild.

Wanders in himself, looking a bit razzled from his rush about making preparations for their sudden stay and possible guests. He looked around at that point as well for Mar, but kept to the studies he had been to the months previous.

Having figured out most of what he wanted to know, Math makes a note on a few last books he wants to research before heading out to see what Garridan wants.

Mar enters joining Garnett after finding a book of legends on he shelf "sorry again for splitting off like that. Given my contract too the home guard it seemed important too check in." He settles in reading carefully.

Mar sits himself down with a book of old legends and reads carefully. Considering all that had been going on it seemed pertinent too learn the lore -the past has much too teach us mar its the base of our future- another wisper in the back of his mind but one with good advice.

Just a quick OOG note: There are 2 libraries in Calanhelm, the Earth Weaver Enclave (mostly medicines, some lore and healing lore stuff) and the Conclave-Penta of the Arcane Sanctum (reading in Lores, law and arcane stuff). The EW guild libarary is about 1/4 the size of the AS library. FYI

((Since I got my directions from Garnett I assumed I was at the sanctums library. Sorry if I got confused. ))

((Since I started the thread and was reasearching Law it probably would be the Conclave-Penta Library, though I am not there now so it may not matter much if the rest are in the other one.))

((Since I am the thread creator I will rename the title if it will let me - edit and it did.))

Mar puts down his book and stops by garnett "i'm gonna head back too the home guard barracks and see what i can scrounge up for armour" he says heading for the door after putting the books he'd been reading back on the shelf.

After dealing with Artie and Yetta, Garridan heads from the Marketplace and anears the Arcane Sanctum, hoping to gain access to the Conclave Penta Library. He approaches the front desk requesting access so he can research any info he can find on Nadja's condition, and the why's and how's of how to hopefully free her. He mentions this to the desk, also hoping he might find someone to help him with this task as he is new to "this research thing".

OOG: Garridan spends the rest of Sunday at the Library, leaving only to sleep and return to Nadja's chambers. He will spend the rest of the week at the library, researching the library and the book he has with him.

After the ordeal at the tavern, and after a bath and a nights sleep to releave the feeling of the grim of the sewers, Vaegar makes his way to Conclave-Penta Library. Dressed and a clean Jacket of brite red, he takes the steps up to lidrary in dignified grace. Entering, he approches the main desk with his inquiry. "Excuse me, I wish to be directed towards the books of Law for Calandoina. To wear must I head?".

The attendant looks up from her work. "All the Laws of Calandonia are chronicled in the Law section of the library. Second and third floors mostly. Is there something specific you wish to learn so I can narrow down your search? Otherwise you could spend most of your lifetime going over the case laws for the past 100 years or more."

Vaegar smiles to attendant, knowing how long most of the races tend to live. 100 years is not that long. "Ah yes, I suppose i should be more specific. I wish to find the basic studies of how Trials are conducted in these lands and whatever books contain the laws and theorys of both treason and conspiracy for the land." as an after thought,"And maybe a pot of tea, I might be here A while". Vaegar giggles softly at his joke.

Emerging from the Conclave, tired and a little sore, Vaegar is glad that the sun has gone down. He could not bare to have to look at it after reading by candle light every day for the last week.But he has learned much and not all of it was useless. Whatever happened to the good ol' dagger in the dark. makes less of a headach for everyone involved, He thinks to himself, much easier. Giving his head a shake, Vaegar makes his way back to his room at the Sanctum, Too much to do in so little time.

Pouring over Mage Histories

Mobeus is seen many weeks studying in the Library of the Conclave-Penta. Looking through hundreds of volumes of ancient family lines, mages of repute (both good and ill), households, nobility, fallen legacies, and everything inbetween for Calandia. Preoccupied by specific volumes, he continues to read with several used candles around him. Plates of food are abound within his reach, with bits nibbled off, but hardly touched otherwise. Mobeus is focused on finding something within these texts. It is unclear if he's found any breakthrough as yet though.

He scribbles notes in other languages, cross referencing constantly, every so often another mage attempts to collect some of the warward books in Mobeus' large wake of books. This causes him to look up sternly at the individual, forcing them soundlessly to put the book down, and walk away slowly. He muses to himself, "I can see why the Archmage prefers to use such attitudes.. hard to get work done when people want to get in your business." he chuckles for a moment, "Someday I will master the manner in which he looks at some people.. but today... today I have to find the truth about 'her'...." He rubs his eyes, and yawns before going over the books once more.

Many more weeks pass by of Mobeus' seemingly eternal struggle of book and bindings, his mind reading over words he clearly has seen before as text before his vision blur. He stands up with an audiable grunt and rubs his eyes, adjusting his clothing from the ever so long studious session. Stomping his foot slightly, as it clearly has fallen asleep, he yawns and comments matter of factly, "Perhaps it is time for a break..."

Making his way towards the privy, Mobeus washes himself up cleaning off night sweats and days of fatigue from his weary face. He gently takes some clothing from his "overnight" pack, and changes into a nice clean outfit of good quality fabric. Placing the rest of his sullied clothing in the bottom of his typically overflowing bag. Mobeus stands tall once more, and quickly leaves the Conclave-Penta Library, making his way through the streets.

Arriving back after what seems like only a short time away Mobeus sighs heavily, "Never enough time to research! Between wolves, ancestry, vampires, fae, magic rituals, portals, dark realms, and ancient evils... there is never ever enough time." Positioning himself in front of a set of books Mobeus begins to pour into them as naturally as ever. Taking his eyes off his page only every few moments while watching the entrance for Garnett.

Garnett arrives shortly after back in his usual clothes, having stopped by the Sanctum before to shift to their patrol efforts. Looking to the door briefly before walking up and sitting down, he leans on the table just a little so as to not disturb others. "Anythin' I can be assisting with? It comes that I've been noticing your workload is similar to a colonel's these days, and not for field work."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back