Conjecture on matters of The Ceriopolis.

Sheakhan

Adept
I have been, for a time now, gathering every bit of information I could obtain regarding our current circumstance. Comparing details, consulting others accounts, speaking with agents of Calliphestus in order to ascertain further, more obscure details yet.

It occurs to me that these considerations might benefit from the community eye, and also that there perhaps is some suspicion that I am hoarding information despite my insistence that doing so is folly.

I assure you, I was merely gathering as much as possible before sharing my concerns.

The conclusions herein are mine alone, and based on deduction and conjecture. Probability and historical likelihood. I encourage discussion, further information sharing, civilized discourse. If you have answers, here is where they would be best brought forth.

While I consider our current gathering of information an asset, there are details yet uncatalogued:

1. The matter of Dominus Chronos' motivations.

Based on documents available, historical proclivities of mortals and immortals, and his own admission, Chronos has an agenda more far reaching than simply restoring The Ceriopolis.

His somewhat limited sense of urgency indicates either that it is not tantamount to this agenda's success, that he is confident in our ability to restore, or that he is simply too far disconnected from the concept of time as we know it to express such concerns.

Regardless, nothing lives without purpose. Based on the stress placed on Balance being important both to him and to our success, the brief discussion on Outer Planes and their denizens, Dominus Chronos' reaction to said discussion, and his own admission... The Ceriopolis serves his agenda of balance, and I would submit it likely that at least in some part the Outsiders, as I have dubbed them for lack of better terms, play a role in the current imbalance.

It seems a safe wager to say Chronos does not serve malevolent interests, but malevolence is subjective, what is good for the goose may yet kill the gander for it's trouble.

2. The matter of a missing House.

While not a strong indication, the House of Fate and Fury speaks thusly:
"The flames of fate burnt to cinders the house of the glutted and depraved"

If this wording is correct and unaltered, it seems to point towards either one of the other eight houses, quite possibly Whispers and Thunder due to their actions during the fall... Or a house stricken from record.

The latter possibility would suggest a unified effort to remove traces of said house, or perhaps a previous incarnation of The Ceriopolis in which there were more than 8 houses.

3. The matter of motivations.

As I have spoken before... Understanding the motivation of a thing can show you not only where it is headed, but where it has been. Our understanding of the history of Calliphestus informs our understanding of it's future.

The Savage Legion. To current knowledge, their intention is to purge this land of a perceived invader (ourselves chiefly). But to what end aside from instinctual protection of their "home"? Rage often conceals fear, if this is true in their case do they fear us? The Ceriopolis? Strange arrivals? More details make us more able to fight our enemies.

The other settlements and cities... Not all of Calliphestus rallied under the flag of The Ceriopolis. Why? How do they survive now? Will they join us should we require or ask it of them?

4. The matter of House Artifacts.

Some were destroyed, can they be restored or replicated?
Some are not detailed in any texts yet available... How do you search for something you've no information on?
Should we prioritize our focus on the Artifacts most vital to rebuilding such as the Fatum Extrinium or the Binding Rise?

I see no point in delving further into my concerns until such a time as some of these presented have been mulled over. Speak here, whilst I have certain... doubts, I am of the opinion that the whole can at times serve goals more adequately than one alone.

-Roann Flynt

I would appreciate your conjecture and/or data on the subject of Outer Planes and Outsiders. If it is more convenient to present this information in person, I am able to wait two weeks. From the description of W. of R. at the destruction of the city, and the alteration of the artifact which drew power from the planes, I find the involvement of extraplanar entities likely.

On the topic of data and not conjecture, the Aquilix survive by occupying and fortifying caverns in inhospitable mountains. If you wish aid of us requiring a large physical presence, you will be disappointed. Similarly, we do not welcome visitors, but I can and will forward messages if required.

Earthen Apprentice Vellis Valeriana Tsalarioth

That would likely be beneficial, as to my knowledge you represent the only one of your kind operating within our group, and therefore are the expert on the subject of your species presence in these lands, as well as the most viable means of contact.

If time permits we ought speak at length regarding the information our number has gathered. I find that few are likeminded enough to analyze the details in... Well... Detail.

Back